Survey sites guide discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 15 June 2010 at 1:56PM in Boost your income

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

This discussion is specifically to discuss survey sites in general. If you want to discuss individual survey sites, please go to the Survey Site Discussions:

Comments

• cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629
    Forumite
    edited 12 May 2009 at 7:32PM
    Jenny -

Lightspeed - pays out via Paypal for as little as £1

It's Your View - 50 points = £50 cheque (as far as Im aware)

Ciao - Dont diss Ciao, it may pay low for some surveys but you get a payment at just £5 and you get £1 when one of your referrals completes a survey. I actually quite like them to be honest

Edit to add - Article bookmarked and saved as you do mention some sites I'm not a member on.

It's definitely a good idea keeping track of everything as well.

Here's my current list -
    Ciao Surveys ... £1.20 ... 24 draw entries ... (£5 to bank) profile complete

Global Test Market ... 135 points ... (Redeem 1000 points in cheque, 1 point = 5c) profile complete

Harris Poll Online ... 100 points ... 1 draw entry (2500 points = £25 paypal) profile complete

Home of Research ... 50 points ... (2000 points = £20 cheque) profile complete

In Your Opinion … 0 cash … 120 tickets … (20 Euros = Paypal payment) profile complete

It's Your View ... 0 points ... (50 points = £50 cheque) profile complete

Lightspeed ... 100 points ... 455 draw entries ... (345 points = £3 paypal) profile complete Earned £6

Mindmover ... 25 points ... (2000 points = £20 cheque) profile complete

My Survey ... 50 points ... 1 draw entry … (2000 points = £10 Amazon Voucher) profile complete

MyVoice … 320 points … (2000 points = £20 cheque) profile complete

Onepoll ... £5.45 ... (£40 to bank or paypal) profile complete

Opinion Bar ... 10p ... (£10 bank) profile complete

Pureprofile ... £2.10 ... (£25 to bank) profile complete

Toluna ... 7540 points (700 points pending) ... 1 draw entry … (60,000 points = £12 Love2Shop voucher) profile complete

Valued Opinions ... £3.50 ... 76 draw entries ... (£10 tesco gift card) profile complete

YouGuv ... £2.50 ... (£50 cheque) profile complete

Websites I’m Not Using

Opinion World (£10 paypal) - you have to email to request your draw entries total and it is hard to see where your Survey totals are.

Websites I’ve applied for

Pinecone Research (£3 paypal per survey)
  • thefenman
    thefenman Posts: 238 Forumite
    I have to say that some surveys are extremely tedious and here and there I've given up before utter boredom set in. I had one the other day from Valued Opinions which didn't work properly, just got stuck. I have complained but it hasn't reappeared.
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    I've had three like that lately from V.O.
  • purplegaily
    purplegaily Posts: 49
    Forumite
    The first rule of Pinecone is that you don't talk about Pinecone

.....but - it's better than even Martin said - It's £4 per survey, not £3.

If you do some surveys you can get product samples to test - I've tested at least 5 over the past few years, and you get paid for completing a further survey at the end of the testing period.

Quids in - if you can get an invite.
    Always on the look out for a bargain. :smileyhea Thanks if you've helped me bag one.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds great....but how do you get an invite? How did you get yours? Where do you find these secret advertising banners that 'let you in' ????

Sounds more difficult than joining the Masons !:rotfl:
  • Ammie
    Ammie Posts: 395 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2009 at 8:04AM
    The first rule of Pinecone is that you don't talk about Pinecone

.....but - it's better than even Martin said - It's £4 per survey, not £3.

New members with Pinecone get £3.00, us older members still get £4.00

I'm surprised Toluna was listed as bad, I've never had a problem with them, all though I agree the payment takes awhile to get to you, that's just me though.

The Ciao surveys are ridiculous. I get offered 10p for 30 and 60 minute surveys, I never do those ones. I've earned around £7.00, requested my payment about 6 weeks ago and still waiting.
  • sylviesinc
    sylviesinc Posts: 119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Also, Pinecone now pay via PayPal if you wish. They are the best and I have been with them for years so I can't remember how I got my invite. I also have made lots with Toluna. You just have to log in regularly and complete the mini polls. It soon mounts up.
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    Just had a survey invite from Toluna, started it and then a message flashed up saying that the survey hasn't been started yet and to try again later
  • thefenman
    thefenman Posts: 238 Forumite
    thefenman wrote: »
    I have to say that some surveys are extremely tedious and here and there I've given up before utter boredom set in. I had one the other day from Valued Opinions which didn't work properly, just got stuck. I have complained but it hasn't reappeared.

I finally got this to work but it was indescribably tedious and life has more to offer than wading through the rubbish they were asking.

One question, which had to be answered, was "At what time of day do you drive a car or ride a motor cycle?" - I couldn't answer never, I own neither, so I put "24:00-06:00". In fact most of what I did complete was totally arbitrary. Not the right spirit and I don't normally do that, but . . . . !

It said it would last 60 minutes and if completed, it would be worth a fiver.
  • Ammie
    Ammie Posts: 395 Forumite
    cally6008 wrote: »
    Just had a survey invite from Toluna, started it and then a message flashed up saying that the survey hasn't been started yet and to try again later

That's been happening to me a lot lately. I use Firefox and sometimes if I switch to IE it works, no guarantee though. Most of the time the survey never goes live.

Also I've been getting surveys in foreign languages even though my profile states English only, when I go back to it a few hours later it's in English.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure