Survey Stashing: YouGov hints & tips

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
MSE Staff
edited 12 May 2009 at 12:34PM in Boost your income
What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

YouGov

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions

Comments

• bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    has anybody actually earned £50:confused::rolleyes:
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    I have been stuck at £48 for months - I do recall other people saying they found the number of surveys they received slowed down as they approached £50 as well!
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    has anybody actually earned £50:confused::rolleyes:

YES...and i am £25 into my 2nd £50 after 9 months
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • Lady_Fluff
    Lady_Fluff Posts: 128 Forumite
    yes - it took 2 years - they paid promptly. Two years on and I'm on £26. They had to cut 30 staff earlier in the year, I read, because of the economic downturn, so not sure if there's going to be a bombardment of surveys any time soon...
    Surveys nerd :wave:
  • ali1972
    ali1972 Posts: 599 Forumite
    I once won £50 in one of the prize draws, mind you...
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    Forumite
    I've not won any of the prize draws, but I'm currently on £49 :)
  • I've done Yougov for nearly 4 years. I've had one £50 cheque and I'm at the £40 mark now (must have been about one survey a week). They paid promptly.

I prefer them to others I've tried because I've never started a survey, only to be disqualified - they seem to use your profile before sending e-mails and pay you even if you don't have to answer many questions.

The trick with all these surveys is to remember that they're all ridiculous and exist only to make profits for the surveying companies and headlines for the media! They don't use random sampling so their results are completely meaningless - don't waste time thinking at length about your answers!
  • jesspolo
    jesspolo Posts: 21 Forumite
    I signed up to YouGov over a month ago and have not received anything by way of surveys to complete. Has anyone else found this?
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629
    Forumite
    have you logged in and checked that your profile is complete ?
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    Forumite
    janeco wrote: »
    I've done Yougov for nearly 4 years. I've had one £50 cheque and I'm at the £40 mark now (must have been about one survey a week). They paid promptly.

I prefer them to others I've tried because I've never started a survey, only to be disqualified - they seem to use your profile before sending e-mails and pay you even if you don't have to answer many questions.

The trick with all these surveys is to remember that they're all ridiculous and exist only to make profits for the surveying companies and headlines for the media! They don't use random sampling so their results are completely meaningless - don't waste time thinking at length about your answers!

I'm with you there. I like the fact that when you get an email from YouGov, you know that you're going to get paid. I don't mind surveys that use a selection process beforehand as long as it's short and sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure