Coolnewmobile, merged threads

Options

Comments

• Luckydragon
    Options
    So anyway, here's a fact:
    coolnewmobile are part of the carphonewarehouse group, as are e2save, onestopphoneshop and themobileoutlet.

Just joined this forum after reading the above trying to decide whether or not to take up an offer of "12 months free line rental on a 12 month contract" from cnm. While searching for best deals, I found out that the "onestopphoneshop.co.uk" is the same as "themobilerepublic.com". An online site similar to cnm. A year or two ago I ordered a t-mobile contract from themobilerepublic.com, the offer was that they would pay for my 12 months rental by redemption. This would be just a sim card (no free phone) on t-mobile.
    Anyway, a few months into the contract, themobilerepublic.com declared bankruptcy. I contacted t-mobile and Trading Standards and there was nothing they could do :mad: (Proper headache). Could not even cancel the contract!
    I ended up paying for that whole years line rental on top of my regular mobile contract.

I promised never to get conned into these scams again!

Lets get back to CNM, they claim to have been around since or before 2003 (Quote: "We joined forces with 4U ltd back in 2003") but has anyone used them and got a full years redemption?? :confused:
  • louisephill
    Options
    I have just received my first casback cheque from 'Cool New Mobile'. It took 2 weeks from sending my claim. I have another 4 claims to make over the next 8 months but my confidence has increased now. As people have said before, if you can afford the contract anyway, the cashback is a bonus. I sent the original bill via recorded delivery.
  • Jay1b
    Jay1b Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Has anybody used them? Had any problems? Any comments?

Thanks

Jay.
    A bargain is only a bargain if you would have brought it anyway!
  • elljay20
    elljay20 Posts: 5,200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are they a shop?
    :p It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jay1b wrote:
    Hi

Has anybody used them? Had any problems? Any comments?

Thanks

Jay.
    I have merged your thread with this exsiting thread about Coolnewmobile, if you read back the way you will find users experiences with them :)
  • hassanpirbhai
    Options
    HI!

Am on Orange network. Got PAC code. Ordered new phone (Moto v3black) with 02 tariff (400 mins x-netw, 100 texts) friday 21st. Phone arrived Tuesday. Trying to port number over - have got PAC code from Orange.

Phoned 02 - who said they can't do it and have to phone Carphone warehouse. Phoned CPW who said they can't do anything unless they receive authority for CNM and told me to ask CNM to do a "return and resale".

CAlled CNM who said they don't do porting to 02 and have it in their information section on porting. My argument has been that I'm not asking them to do the porting, but to simply do this "return and resale" but they keep on telling me they don't port to 02.

So, i'm stuck - can't canx as 7th day now . Orange will cut contract in a few days as i've had the PAC code for a while. But CNM saying they don't port to 02 and both CPW and 02 saying they can't do anything!

Any ideas, anyone coz i'm stuck!!!

Thanks!
  • Hayzee_2
    Hayzee_2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Just seen this over at hotukdeals and thought it may be of help to thoses with cashback contracts with CoolNewMobile

Hayzee

hotukdeals

IMPORTANT UPDATE for COOLNEWMOBILE cashback claims.

If you are in the process of submitting a cashback claim to CoolNewMobile (or Phoneboxdirect), please make note of the new address below.

MOBILE AFFILIATES Ltd

Claims Dept.

PO Box 8895

Bingham, Nottingham

NG13 8XA

The old address printed on claim forms downloaded before July 2006 (PO Box 8161, Cotgrave, Nottingham NG12 3WL) is NO LONGER VALID. If you need the new claim form, follow the link opposite.

For queries related to Cashback claims, please contact: 08700429066. If you shun 0870 numbers, call 01270412304 (ask for Dave in Claims Dept). :)
  • patwa_2
    patwa_2 Posts: 1,542 Forumite
    Options
    Hi thanks for this. I took out a Vodafone contract with CoolNewMobiles but am seriously wishing I hadn't now. This company are one of the worst I've seen for being sneaky with changing their T&C's, also they even openly admit that they'll 'shred' cashback forms that are even a little off from what is needed. Plus, there's a whole arguement going about whether they accept the old claim forms for those that have them but have their first cashback payment due after the new ones came out. Also, there's a rule they have that you can't contact them for assistance after the first 10 days of your contract.

I'm about to submit my first claim, and am just really confused. Plus, the fact that they don't accept photocopies doesn't help, so if I make a mistake I'm basically busted.

Will use the new address, and do some hunting re: wether to use the old or new claim form. Actually I think I lost my old claim form so I've no choice in the matter.

Cheers and take care.

Hussein.
    Know me for who I am, not for who I say I am.
  • bassman
    bassman Posts: 588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hayzee wrote:
    For queries related to Cashback claims, please contact: 08700429066. If you shun 0870 numbers, call 01270412304 (ask for Dave in Claims Dept). :)

Hi..is this guy (Dave) a mate of yours or just someone who you have dealt (successfully) with.....
  • Hayzee_2
    Hayzee_2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    bassman wrote:
    Hi..is this guy (Dave) a mate of yours or just someone who you have dealt (successfully) with.....

No, just quoted what it said on Hotuk

http://www.hotukdeals.com/index.php?pagenumber=3&page=5

Hayzee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills