We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

AOL Broadband offers (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    simon

I am facing same problem as u today. I had my speed upgrade from .5 to 1mpbs, my router was working this morning then stopped working. The username and passord is not working. When I use the adsl modem and it works fine. I am confused as to why. I have wasted all morning no joy. :(

Shafeeq
  • whibbled
    whibbled Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for a very useful thread guys

Have been on GOLD @ £ 24.99 for some years.

Phoned freephone today...ten minute job.

Result...Price reduced to £19.99....Plus 1 month free.....Plus free router (for sale when received!)

Drawback...One year contract (No problem, as OH lurves AOL)

Many thanks to you all.
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PROVIDE (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 1000 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
    CEASE (ADSL) BT IPSTREAM HOME 500 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
    PROVIDE REGRADE ADSL, (AMBER) R3.3 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

This was ordered yesterday and completed today. As I said I was working on it this morning.. I it was working at 1 mbps on my router which is ETEC, and worked before with me previous provider E7even. Then it stopped working. When I do a test on it, it fails on simple ppp. Something to do with username and password. When I used ADSL modem supplied by AOL and their software it is working fine.

Shafeeq
  • waj1234
    waj1234 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    shafeeq wrote:
    simon

I am facing same problem as u today. I had my speed upgrade from .5 to 1mpbs, my router was working this morning then stopped working. The username and passord is not working. When I use the adsl modem and it works fine. I am confused as to why. I have wasted all morning no joy. :(

Shafeeq

Seems Aol do not have a clue. They will not even request bt to take a look until I have supported equipment which I should have on the way since i reqested my mac. Once it arrives I know it will still not connect as it seems bt is only enabling one domain at the exchange (probably aol requesting this) I will then give tech support 48 hrs to fix it or i will get my mac and go.
  • whibbled
    whibbled Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    martin-w wrote:
    Hi

What's the best deal available with AOL Platinum? I have a MAC code and I don't need any h/w. £29.99 is way too steep though. Just wondering what others have managed to get?

thanks!

Whilst doing the above deal, I was offered PLATINUM @ £24.99

Be advised though, I selected the option 'leave AOL' when phoning in, and also mentioned the 'Sky' word.
  • martin-w_2
    Options
    whibbled wrote:
    Whilst doing the above deal, I was offered PLATINUM @ £24.99

Be advised though, I selected the option 'leave AOL' when phoning in, and also mentioned the 'Sky' word.

Cheers. I guess I can sign up for their deal via quidco - with no contract - and once my initial month is up threaten to leave unless I get a good deal. Worst case I get another MAC code and move elsewhere I guess....
  • Jake'sGran
    Jake'sGran Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry if this should be somewhere else but I have just 'phoned them to say that people on here are reporting that they are getting AOL Silver for £9.99. There was a bit of a pause and then I was told it was only last month and only for people on dial-up. I was offered a reduction to £14.99 (from £17.99) with a free wireless thingy but it had to be a one year contract. Any comments please. Am I just not tough enough?
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jake'sGran wrote:
    Any comments please. Am I just not tough enough?

Yes, this is the Savings and Investments board !!! Don't think ypu're going to find the answers here. I think you should have posted it on the Internet Board. I'm sure one of the board moderators will be along soon to put it in it's correct place.
  • skintarooney
    Options
    I saw this on the board too, so I contacted them via the live help option (as I can be more cheekier online!)

They were very willing to put me on the £9.99 price plan with everything else being the same ( I am on Silver Pkge). The only snag was the 12 mth contract, but hey ho wasn't planning on changing provider anyway!

I then requested the wireless router, even though I dont need one! I just wanted to be like everyone else! They said I could either pay £25 and stay on £9.99 priceplan or have it free for a £14.99 priceplan.

I decided to leave the router and now enjoy AOL Silver for £9.99 p/mth a MASSIVE £8 discount p/mth....YIPPEE!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure