Mighty Deals have my money :-(

Options
Tsukiwaza
Tsukiwaza Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 1 April 2014 at 7:48PM in Consumer rights
Can anyone help me with a problem I have with a company called Might Deals?
I linked to them via a Vouchers website on the 24th March to purchase what I believed to be a pair of Binoculars.
I hadn't realised that what I was purchasing was actually a voucher and not the Binoculars at all.
After 10 days passed I re-read the email receipt I received and realising my mistake I contacted themnthrough their website but heard nothing.
I left it for another 10 days and after still hearing nothing, I followed the process again only to receive an email advising that I am not entitled to a refund.
They now have my money and I have no Binoculars and the voucher has now expired.
Is this correct? Can they really hold on to my money which I have asked them to return?

Please help?!?!

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Many people get confused because Mighty Deals is owned by MoneyExpert, a site with a similar name to this site MoneySavingExpert, but that's as far as the connection goes. Please see this on Mighty Deals having nothing to do with Martin Lewis and MoneySavingExpert.com

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was this a physical voucher? Did you receive it?
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 April 2012 at 12:22PM
    Options
    Tsukiwaza wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with a problem I have with a company called Might Deals?
    I linked to them via a Vouchers website on the 24th March to purchase what I believed to be a pair of Binoculars.
    I hadn't realised that what I was purchasing was actually a voucher and not the Binoculars at all.
    After 10 days passed I re-read the email receipt I received and realising my mistake I contacted themnthrough their website but heard nothing.
    I left it for another 10 days and after still hearing nothing, I followed the process again only to receive an email advising that I am not entitled to a refund.
    They now have my money and I have no Binoculars and the voucher has now expired.
    Is this correct? Can they really hold on to my money which I have asked them to return?

Please help?!?!
    Well, if DSRs did apply to this purchase, we'd need to check, I think you just missed the opportunity to cancel by waiting beyond 10 days. Under the DSRs you have 7 "working" days to inform your intention to cancel for a full refund.

I'm a little confused as to why you didn't use the voucher code to purchase from the linked retailer.

Also, I'm not sure how you managed to not understand their business model, I've just bee on to their website and it's pretty obviouse that your purchasing a voucher code to be used against a purchase from a named retailer.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long was the voucher valid for? I find it odd it was only valid for 1 month
  • wilko99
    wilko99 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Dont trust these people. I ordered a Android Tablet and paid £88.00. Might of know it was too cheap. They sent me an online voucher which they said I had to foward by e-mail to a company called Deal Hoarders. I found out later via their crap website they are in the USA. After a month I had nothing delivered, no e-mails answered from Deal Hoarders, and automated e-mails from Mighty Deals. My next stage is to contact my credit card company as I think there is fraud going on here. I dont care what Mighty Deals says in there terms and conditions, consumer law overalls these. I gave them the money and they are agents for the transaction. I shall post back the responce from Mighty Deals once I get it. I am a very unhappy chappie!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • wilko99
    wilko99 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Well, if DSRs did apply to this purchase, we'd need to check, I think you just missed the opportunity to cancel by waiting beyond 10 days. Under the DSRs you have 7 "working" days to inform your intention to cancel for a full refund.

I'm a little confused as to why you didn't use the voucher code to purchase from the linked retailer.

Also, I'm not sure how you managed to not understand their business model, I've just bee on to their website and it's pretty obviouse that your purchasing a voucher code to be used against a purchase from a named retailer.

Well he did respond toi the voucher, it was just 10 days later!
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • Sheza12
    Options
    I ordered a spy watch back in October. Mighty deals have took money as I redeemed my voucher, had conformation regarding this. The company selling this is a tanning and beauty site but wen I try to contact them you can't. I've told this to mighty deals numerous occasions but no one seems to be listening. Fobbing me off is what it feels like. Is anyone else having a problem regarding this item or if they've received it could you give me details of company seller site as I'm getting nowhere with mighty deals :( very very angry now
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sheza12 wrote: »
    I ordered a spy watch back in October. Mighty deals have took money as I redeemed my voucher, had conformation regarding this. The company selling this is a tanning and beauty site but wen I try to contact them you can't. I've told this to mighty deals numerous occasions but no one seems to be listening. Fobbing me off is what it feels like. Is anyone else having a problem regarding this item or if they've received it could you give me details of company seller site as I'm getting nowhere with mighty deals :( very very angry now
    Some detail is required.

For a start, tell us the name of the website that should've supplied the spy watch.
  • Sheza12
    Options
    When you click on the company it states tanningandbeautyworld.co.uk. But does not seem right and still stating errors with contacting them. Mighty deals have got the deal on there site again and also still saying merchant site is tanning and beauty world.

Thank you for reply

Sheri :)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 November 2012 at 1:04AM
    Options
    Sheza12 wrote: »
    When you click on the company it states tanningandbeautyworld.co.uk. But does not seem right and still stating errors with contacting them. Mighty deals have got the deal on there site again and also still saying merchant site is tanning and beauty world.
    OK, here's the link for the spy watch...
    http://www.mightydeals.co.uk/deals/national/Gadgets-Gifts/Spy-Watch-4GB/2749

By clicking on "See company website" on that webpage you do indeed find yourself at http://www.tanningandbeautyworld.co.uk/

On the tanning and beauty world contact us webpage their is a fictitious address...
    Tanning Beauty World
    Address12
    UK
    Have you seen the contact information on the Mighty Deals website?
    Phone: 01483 412 978

Address: Craven House, Station Approach,Godalming, GU7 1EX
    It also says on that webpage...
    Contacting the merchant directly may speed up any delivery/despatch queries you may have. You should be able to locate the merchants’ contact details on your voucher.
    I too suspect that they've got the wrong merchant details there, but is there any contact details for tanningandbeautyworld on your voucher?

Whois for tanningandbeautyworld.co.uk does show a Glasgow address for the registrant, who may be able to help you, but my guess is that Mighty Deals are the ones who have made the mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure