Breeze gone.

Options

Comments

• katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you both.

JohnB47 I appreciate the last two sentences were in a different colour on their email, which I am assuming will happen if things go smoothly. You are closer than at switching so fingers crossed for you.

NINJA59, after some of the problems BG seem to have caused for others I am sure the switch won`t be that smooth, but one can live in hope. I will be on the case if there are any hiccups.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    British Gas called today to go through the two tariffs that we might want to switch to, a one year fixed and a two year fixed both with a 20% discount as we were a Breeze customer- though the discount is only for the first year.

I had our annual usage totals so was able to get accurate figures and with the 20% discount they were still £6-£9 more than we'd been paying on Breeze.

The tariff we'd been put onto is over £40 more than our Breeze direct debit and the 20% discount does not apply to that...

I'll still be switching next month.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    I have just logged onto BG and my electricity account has completely disappeared! gas is still showing the same as it has been for the past few weeks! (asking for meter readings etc) not sure what is happening. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • icsys
    icsys Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 January 2020 at 12:46PM
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Just looked at my BG account. Still doesn't show any meter readings despite my providing them three times. Still asking for my initial readings!
    Same here. Ive been away for a few weeks.
    Submitted meter reads for both Gas and Electricity with BG on the 16th, still asking for initial reads.
    katies_mum wrote: »
    I have just logged onto BG and my electricity account has completely disappeared! gas is still showing the same as it has been for the past few weeks! (asking for meter readings etc) not sure what is happening. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Electricity seems to be missing and gas shows... your switch still in progress...
    peterx wrote: »
    So is everybody switching before there account is set up online or are they playing a waiting game.I personally do not know what to do.
    Reading the issues that everyone is experiencing trying to switch away from BG I decided to wait until after returning home before looking to switch.

It seems nothing has changed over the last two weeks!! BG account is still not fully set up!! No communication from BG at all since the 16th of Jan!! Still no information about the credit balance

I can't even submit meter reads as the BG portal is pants...

Oops! Something went wrong...
    We’re having trouble getting that done for you, for some reason.

Yes.... your portal is pants! Just tried to initiate a chat session but that won't work either.
  • rmtucker
    Options
    I got an email from YE this morning asking for my opening meter reads.

My account on British gas shows electricity but no gas and my initial meter read for the 15th Jan is showing for the gas but no electric.

How mixed up is that???
  • katies_mum
    Options
    They must be working on our accounts, as under Energy my account now shows my meter reading for electricity which was not there earlier (but still nothing for gas)
  • rmtucker
    rmtucker Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Logged on to my new account at YE and it says electric only.
    I have had this debarkle up to my back teeth.:(
  • Silkysean
    Silkysean Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 31 January 2020 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Just created an account to add my experience... My British Gas account has changed to a whole new look today and displays both the opening readings I took for Gas and Electric taken on the 17th Jan.

I've given these opening readings to Breeze (via email) and they have used them as my closing reads in an updated statement. I assume British Gas will eventually tell Breeze anyway, but I thought it couldn't hurt to update them myself. I guess now, all those that owe Breeze money have to pay them through the sort code and account number listed on the website and all those in credit will have to wait until Breeze contacts British Gas to transfer the credit across
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 January 2020 at 3:36PM
    Options
    I've just been called by BG with a personalised offer to tempt me to stay (Ive not yet submitted a switch). Verbally, it happened to come out at about the same price as Breeze was for me, and is fixed for a year.

The market has moved down a little since the breeze tariff, and I could save about £17 a month by moving to Avro, but I'm quite tempted by this low hassle option given all the switching delay for electricity and my sizeable credit balance.

Oh, and no requirement for a smart meter.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    Options
    My Gas reading is now showing up on BG but the header for it has disappeared. Still no sign of my Electric one which I gave before the Gas.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback