Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Mr_Moomin
    Mr_Moomin Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i went to cancel and got a good offer - also as they screwed up with the offer and what they can actually do meant i was offered SKY Q for £30 install - normally over £100 - just keep going but also be prepared to have a back up plan if they don't offer you anything
  • Jo_Twickers
    Jo_Twickers Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    I gave my 30 day notice last week.
    They offered a renewal price of £45.52pm for HD TV with movies/box sets, BB & phone.
    They told me it's a minimum 18 month contract for TV now.
    I'd like to get them down more, or get some credit. They called earlier, but I wanted to do my research before I speak to them. What are others paying for the same package?
  • copperclock
    copperclock Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    It's interesting to see you got a 12 month contract for Sky Q.

I thought they only did 18 month contracts for Q.

Yes, my apologies. The Sky Q is 18 months. The BB is 12 months. Sorry for confusion.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just been on online chat:
    Entertainment HD + Sports HD + Kids HD = £34.50 on 12 month contract keeping Sky + HD box. Best I have been offered so far.

Sky Q = £59.50 per month. Free installation. 18 month contract with 12 month offer. LOL

Obviously i declined.

But ,just as i was about to log off, another £2 off entertainment package, so total £32.50 per month.

A further £2 came off when I said goodbye LOL.

Offers getting better, but still not good enough to come back.

They will have to try harder.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried online at the "left Sky in the last 12 months" page?

Thanks for the tip I did not know that existed. Not bad prices either so a good base to start negotiations when the time comes.
  • Jo_Twickers
    Options
    Urgh! Sky are SO annoying! Called me twice yesterday but no one was talking then hung up. They just called again. My problem every year is when I opened the account with them 10 years ago, for some reason they opened 2 accounts, so every year at renewal they don!!!8217;t realise I have BB and tv so I don!!!8217;t get good offers. Eventually it gets worked out and I renew. Just had another call and they want me to renew them separately. I don!!!8217;t have time to do that and want to do it all at once. Any advice?
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    Urgh! Sky are SO annoying! Called me twice yesterday but no one was talking then hung up. They just called again. My problem every year is when I opened the account with them 10 years ago, for some reason they opened 2 accounts, so every year at renewal they don!!!8217;t realise I have BB and tv so I don!!!8217;t get good offers. Eventually it gets worked out and I renew. Just had another call and they want me to renew them separately. I don!!!8217;t have time to do that and want to do it all at once. Any advice?

tell them to merge your accounts! Shouldnt be too difficult as they'll pass your issue to a techy team who can make the necessary changes
  • Jo_Twickers
    Options
    shaggy wrote: »
    tell them to merge your accounts! Shouldnt be too difficult as they'll pass your issue to a techy team who can make the necessary changes

You'd think it would be that easy, but for some reason they can't! They always say 'Oh, I've never seen this before'
    Maybe I should complain somehow?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Use the MSE recommended Resolver complaints website, more details at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/resolver/
  • Jo_Twickers
    Options
    Thanks! I’ve just used resolver. Hopefully it’ll give them a kick up the bum! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback