Nst october

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 6 October 2019 at 3:09AM
    Options
    5 THINGS TO REMEMBER

Never lose your sense of awe and wonder

Go out of your way for somebody

Say 3 things you love about yourself

Never have offense in your heart

Choose joy

Play in the river,
    Walk barefoot on the sand,
    Dance ubder the moon,
    Sleep under the stars
    and you''ll likely find that very little is needed to live a happy life

Seeing unhealthy patterns in your family and deciding that those patterns

will end with you and will not be passed down to future generations is an extremely brave and powerful decision
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • hummingbird15
    Options
    Morning

Yesterday was NSD #2. Had a rough night with my eldest last night, she ended up sleeping with me from 4am, but that girl insists on being horizontal across the bed! Theres only so many times I can move her feet and stay sane haha. Also I've lost my voice somewhat and have a sore throat, think I'm getting ill.

Need to buy baby wipes so wont be a bad today, but I will go to aldi for them, I like their wipes thr best.

Have a good sunday everyone x
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Didn't get round to posting yesterday as I was at my cousin's wedding. Had a really nice time seeing all the family and didn't spend too much.

Today will also be a spend day as I'm heading out shortly to meet family for breakfast. Me and OH are planning to do the food audit/meal plan this afternoon so may need to pop to the supermarket to get anything we're out of.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10789.83/£15000 (71.9% saved). Emergency fund - £1525.51/£2000 (76.3% saved).
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 6 October 2019 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Morning Turtles!
    Today I will have to spend as there is a small list of food things I need (mostly lunchbox tat) and the monthly enormous brown sack of potatoes. There is no laundry powder - someone posted a recipe for turning conkers into laundry gloop. I am sorely tempted to give it a bash.

Laundry on, getting on with today's list of things.

Planning to have a photo taken of Dh + boys in the arboretum this autumn. Should be very dramatic with all the redheads and the autumn leaves. Then I can give to his family as a Mouse gift.

Still have the urge to throw off all my clothes and run up and down the street, or other such behaviour, but restraining myself.

Last week before half term! 5 days of shovelling them into the car late, and kicking them out the doors while some idiot with a clipboard slowly counts backwards from ten, while closing the gate, children slipping past him like eels in a funnel..... Will watch the weather forecast with humour.

See, it isn't all anarchy around here, I do have plans, they just don't always conform to my timetable.

Sashanut - I now own 5 pairs (including wellies and trainers) -I now have the girl guide shoe song going through my head, - I pass this shoe from me to you, to you, and you, must do, exactly as I do - which will no doubt morph into Auntie Monica shortly (sorry to any ex-girl guides) ooh la la!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Lady_M
    Lady_M Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning.
    Budget is done hopefully I have not missed anything.
    Diet is not going so well but first weigh in is tomorrow. Tried a back class this week. I hurt my back when pregnant and it still aches occasionally. Hopefully it has burnt off some extra calories.
    Started a bag of clothes to go to charity bin in village.
    So plans for today to audit what's left in the cupboards and visit in laws.
    Grateful for family, homegrown sweetcorn I was given last night and a slight lay in this morning.
    Have a good day everybody
    Nsd 2/15
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 October 2019 at 10:33PM
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Having a home-day today which I love. One lot of batch cooking done... and resisted an unplanned invite out for coffee. I was looking back over an old itemised spending record from May and was amazed at how many random food spends out there were...

Today = NSD number 4

Other cost cutting things... gym membership changed to a cheaper one, that's also nearer so saving on fuel. Cancelled some lessons I was going to have as couldn't justify the cost. I will catch up on my reading instead which is free!!!

Planning on making up another batch of food for the freezer later... but having a relaxing break now ;) Happy Sunday everyone x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for some friends feeding us a full Sunday lunch complete with rasp pavlova for pud, for dd taking her ukulele to church to show her friends, for dh fixing our friends' tv issues, for dd finally getting slightly ahead with her hwk, for recorded rugby, for my morning yoga, for missing the rain, for friends to chat with and frogs to spear.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Not feeling up to much today but was determined to get something done. Went to the shop for fruit (had the last two rather battered apples this morning) and milk (crustless quiches are on my list, lots of eggs to use up) and a few other things. Was feeling a bit wobbly and vulnerable so had a think about what would feel like a treat. searched for and found New-true- Gina hand cream.

I'm quite happy to use multi-purpose products but have finished off so many odds and ends that the shelf is looking quite bare. Love this hand cream especially in winter. You only use a tiny bit and it sort of waterproofs your hands so useful when it's chucking it down.

Think I have a cold/ sore throat. I was sneezing on Thursday (very violently, kept making myself jump and the effect on all my sore muscles was most peculiar). Think I'm denying it because they might not let me have the flu jab - would hate to have to go back after rolling several medical errands into one neat package.

Went downstairs and put all the expensive stuff in the smalll freezer (chops, mince, fish, ys cheese, cooking bacon and some sausage). What didn't fit went in the fridge or on top so if I lose anything it will only be veg or ys bread. Opened the door, turned off the freezer and put a waiting to be washed towel on the floor to catch any drips. It's nearly done (have had a poke round with a plastic picnic fork a couple of times) so will then wipe the drawers, put it back together, turn it on, fill the empty space with bottles of tap water and order food for later in the week (lots of cheap bulky stuff - all the veg for starters).

Did make an attempt at the oven. Really really not feeling up to it but I thought my lunch was burning the other day - it wasn't but think the build up of gunge on the bottom was. Emptied the water out of a large piece of plastic and folded it up in front of the oven. Went to get the cleaning stuff and the box was empty. So happy to leave it for now. Must be done soon.

I've moved the squasher (a largish piece of old furniture which fits inside the bin and squshes the mostly air filled rubbish) from the green bin to the rubbish bin and added the bits I collected yesterday to the green bin and brought my large bedcover back up. Earlier meals were more rice and curry sauce (with on chopped red pepper and a few butter beans from a tin) but tea was oxtail soup and tinned rice pudding.

Today I am grateful for good books, peace and quiet and taking it easy.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

AUDIT your Cupboards, Fridge and Freezer - - - fridge and cupboards done. Freezer will be done once I've finished processing all the apples and pears,
    Plan for the MONTH - - Finally ordered present for OH's 50th bday. Still need to buy my nephew's 2nd bday present and have meal out with OH next weekend. Half term -night away with smalls - have £50 A1rbnb credit. Still need 2 x new tyres for my car (now booked in)
    For the Next Ninety Days
    SET some goals.- have started on some of the house jobs

Plan for the Month
    You must PAY to YOUR DEBTS or SAVINGS FIRST - [/COLOR]some money transferred to hol fund
    REDUCE your outgoings - on a mission to use some things up got tracked cbk for 2 online purchases (yest) Using things up.

This Month
    LOOK AFTER YOURSELF . - Very busy in the garden today - very achy as a result - long, deep bath with Epsom salts

For the Next 90 Days
    Introduce ONE HABIT to improve your health - will aim for consistency with exercise and diet - Food ok today. Lots of garden tasks which definitely counted as exercise!
    Do something FOR YOU each day -long bath (necessary)

This month
    Make a FROG LIST and do it- new tyres booked in. Hair appt made (last done in May). Leaves vac'd in garden. Decking swept.
    CONTINUE to SIMPLIFY your life, RELEASE unwanted possessions and REDUCE things that cause you stress. -- 2 unwanted boxed game (checked all pieces there) and used only once golf club travel case added to CS bag. DH sorted his sock drawers - around 10 pairs put in recycling bag and 1 unworn pair added to homeless bag, 2 pet food items donated to local animal shelter.
    DONATE - see above
    BE GRATEFUL - gorgeous sunny weekend - 4 loads of washing line dried, getting things done in the garden, Epsom salts, putting a bucket's worth of stuff in neighbour's skip (I did ask first!)

90 Days
    What can you do to get closer to living the life you have always wanted?- getting srid of stuff, getting jobs done (although discovered 2 fence posts have sheered off and need replacing next weekend :().

Managed NSD no 3 today.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Bagged another NSD today - again resisting DDs call to the shops. She still goes, but then gives me any YS items she thinks I will use.. so 4/15 NSDs

Still using up store cupboard items & will be for some time to come. Made another soup & had for lunch, plenty left. Supper was leftovers...just raced downstairs as I remembered I'd put the fish in a carrier bag ready to take to the outside freezer - and the dogs are in. Luckily, she hadn't realised & I was able to rescue it, and the frozen peas too..phew, out of breath now. Thank goodness for listing here, otherwise I would never have remembered!

Sorted & packed up some more boxes from bedroom & threw some things out. Finally managed to photograph & put on FB sales a jacket, which sold immediately - meaning it was too cheap. Never mind, all to the good.

Have one month before going away again so mind is concentrated on getting things done before we go.

into garden & did an hour's pruning etc, eventually it will make a difference. The fresh air does to me, anyhow.

Grateful for: progress in decluttering, helpful DH, finding the right tiles for hall floor, selling something.

Popping in to say hi: Hello Turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure