Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• orcocan
    orcocan Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all, easyjet rejected my claim for a delayed flight stating the reason was air controllers strike. I do not recall any strikes but it's been 5 years so I could be wrong. Is there any official source where I could validate whether a strike happened on a certain date?
    thanks!
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vauban's Guide....then free registration on flightstats.com .... then check flights to/from same airport same day.
  • orcocan
    Options
    thanks for your response, I read vauban's guide but i don't think that addresses the practicality of how to check for something like this. There was another flight on the same route at a similar time that landed on time but I'm not sure that proves anything either way? Or does it?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Post your flight details
  • orcocan
    Options
    (U2) easyJet 994
    (VCE) Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice, IT
    (NAP) Naples International Airport, Naples, IT
    Wed 09-08-2010
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    windmill26 wrote: »
    I sent another email but no reply so far. I am not an expert on legal matters but I find odd that a Judge would struck out a case without explanation . Anyone else find this weird?
    Also ,because of the time between the Judge decision and the Court sending me a late notification and then not replying to my emails for clarification...I am out of time to even appeal! Shocking!
    I think windmill, that as a judgement has been made, you can seek setaside on this. There is plenty of time to do this as far as I know.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    orcocan wrote: »
    (U2) easyJet 994
    (VCE) Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice, IT
    (NAP) Naples International Airport, Naples, IT
    Wed 09-08-2010

I guess mean 8th September? - there was a 994 then that arrived over 3 hours late but EUClaim shows
    Unfortunately, our data shows that no compensation-related issues occurred with this flight.
    It's very unlikely that you will be successful in getting compensation. We recommend not pursuing your claim further.

you can enter Air Traffic strike september 2010 into google and will likely come up with info
  • orcocan
    Options
    sorry copied and pasted, yes it was 8th sept

i did google that previously and could not find anything related to air traffic controllers strikes in italy, that's why i was asking if there's any official records

from what i recall it had nothing to do with strikes, EUClaim would base that assessment on what exactly?
  • orcocan
    Options
    http://corporate.easyjet.com/investors/monthly-traffic-statistics/2010/september.aspx?sc_lang=en

easyJet continues to make progress towards stabilising its operational performance despite the ongoing official and unofficial strike action by Air Traffic Controllers in France, Spain and Greece. This has continued to cause large scale disruption to passengers and is expected to cost easyJet up to £6 million in customer compensation for flights cancelled in September.

nothing about strikes in italy
  • windmill26
    windmill26 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 29 April 2016 at 2:45PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    I think windmill, that as a judgement has been made, you can seek setaside on this. There is plenty of time to do this as far as I know.

Thank you for the tip! I had to Google it because I didn't know what it was. I am not sure I have the strength to go on with this claim.It has been years of emails,letters,phone calls with Easyjet,Bott and the Courts.I think I just have to put the bad experience behind me and move on with the knowledge that i tried my best!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback