Options
    yep, really strange. Here's the photo I took showing the cancelled notice:

s!AmGtZYDBXzj8hZMzTnvJxdpEWQS7wA

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmGtZYDBXzj8hZMzTnvJxdpEWQS7wA
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think you need to get a hold of Norwegian to find out what's going on.
  • Sportacus
    Sportacus Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got another hypothesis, maybe they had a cabin crew shortage so couldn't take any passengers, but flew the plane out there anyway because it was needed for the return flight to the UK the next day (otherwise they would have to cancel that one too). An empty plane may still appear on flightrader.

The text I got from them just said the cancellation was for 'operational' reasons. I looked up about EU compensation, and it seems to all hang on the reason for the cancellation and if it was the airlines fault, or due to circumstances beyond their control (I guess staff sickness could be one of those).
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Yes, that's a possibility.
  • srrn
    srrn Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply jpsartre, that's good news!
  • Starrio
    Starrio Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello everyone!

A bit of background my girlfriend bought a holiday for us to Belgrade serbia for my birthday, she booked the flights going with vueling. The flight going out was a connecting flight Gatwick to Barcelona, Barcelona to Belgrade. The first flight to Barcelona was held up due wrong seating, 20 people apparently missing on the flight ect, we was waiting for 2 hours on the plane before taking off. When arriving at Barcelona we went straight to the help desk because we missed our connecting flight, we was told the next flight to Belgrade would be in 24hours and they will provide a hotel or they can put us on the next flight back to Gatwick. Being absolutely distraught and not wanting to miss anymore time (only a long weekend trip) we managed to bargain a flight back to London from barcelona on Wednesday and managed to book acomodation for barcelona there and then, changing the holiday to a holiday in Barcelona. (We paid for acomodation).

I just have a few questions regarding compensation and trying to recuperate some money for the trip, my questions are as follows;

Are we eligible for compensation?
    If so will it only be my girlfriend eligible for compensation seeing as she paid for the tickets?
    Will we be able to claim for lost acomodation in Belgrade?
    We both have travel insurance, would we both be able to claim for cancellations through there?
    What's the best action for making a claim in this situation?

The outgoing flight had the same reference number for both flights,

Thank you very much for taking the time to read through this and I look forward to hearing your answers

Kind regards,
    Dave.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put your flight details into euclaim and bottonline and see what they say
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good that you took a picture of that checkin area.

Please update the thread with news.
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Starrio wrote: »
    Are we eligible for compensation?

Depends on why the flight was cancelled. I don't really understand what happened based on what you've said.

If so will it only be my girlfriend eligible for compensation seeing as she paid for the tickets?

If the cancellation was due to non-extraordinary circumstances both of you are due compensation although it might be easier if your girlfriend claims for both of you.

Will we be able to claim for lost acomodation in Belgrade?

Not from the airline but possibly from your travel insurance depending on your policy.

We both have travel insurance, would we both be able to claim for cancellations through there?

Depends on what your policy covers, talk to your insurance provider.

What's the best action for making a claim in this situation?

Make a claim from Vueling for EU compensation and see what they say. They should also refund the full cost of your ticket.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would suggest downloading Vauban's superb guide as your starting point. Most, if not all of your answers are there.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport