Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options
1132133134135136138»

Comments

• marnold1980
    Options
    Hello 👋🏻 Am new here and looking for some advice from you lovely people. 

30 November I flew Edinburgh - Dublin - chicago. With Aer Lingus. The Edi-Dub flight was supplied by emerald airlines who are part of aer Lingus. 
    My flight was delayed leaving Edinburgh resulting in us missing our connection. Aer Lingus did get us on the next flight later that day.  
    I submitted a claim to aer Lingus as we didn’t arrive to our destination until 4.5 hours after scheduled. They passed my complaint on to Emerald airlines who have today replied stating 

“This flight was disrupted due to adverse weather conditions in Dublin Airport on the day, prohibiting the safe operation of the ATR aircraft hence forcing the airline to delay your flight. As per EU261/2004 this is classed as an extraordinary circumstance and on this occasion, compensation cannot be awarded.”

I’m not aware of any adverse weather that day. It was fine when we landed in Dublin. Other flights to Dublin departed Edin on that morning. 

How could I find out what the weather was like? Is there someone to find out the times other flights landed in Dublin that day? 

Any advice or have I no chance of taking further? Annoying as we got to our hotel so late felt like we wasted a day. On the plus side- Chicago is amazing! 
    Thanks in advance
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 January at 5:32PM
    Options
    How could I find out what the weather was like? Is there someone to find out the times other flights landed in Dublin that day?
    You can check flights at https://www.flightera.net/route/EGPH/EIDW/2023-11-30 06_00? - I'm sure I've read on here of weather sites but can't recall the details, will have a rummage....

Edit: it was this I was thinking of: https://meteostat.net/en/
  • marnold1980
    Options
    Thank you much appreciated. 
    I’ve gone back to them to ask them re the weather. 
    Are you aware of where I could check other flights in and out of Dublin that morning? Do you know if somewhere that info would be available? 
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are you aware of where I could check other flights in and out of Dublin that morning? Do you know if somewhere that info would be available? 
    Same site, different search criteria, but the fact that their response specifically mentions an ATR aircraft may be significant, i.e. weather conditions may have been problematic for certain aircraft types but not others, or airlines with varying safety policies, so it's not a one-size-fits-all situation....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback