Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• TemmyTemjin
    Options
    As advised get the receipts from Ryanair and claim the money back

That's...what I am doing?

My question is RyanAir want to use AviationADR, and I want to know what that is and if I should accept it.
  • Justice13075
    Options
    Yes you can still sue them in the unlikely event you lose
  • bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    can anyone please advise on where we stand

our flight to Prague was cancelled today with 20 minutes notice

we where called to our gate (no news yet of cancellation) after having are boarding passes checked and about 10 minutes later those who had their boarding passes where advised.

that our flight was circling the airport (JLA) and is now being diverted to Manchester whilst others where told to wait before having their boarding passes checked.

the very next gate to us was another Ryanair flight returning from Warsaw and going back to Warsaw, this landed 5 minutes late and took off OK (our flight was also returning from Prague before taking us back to Prague)

both the Warsaw flight and our flight both stated on JLA website they where on approach to the airport, Warsaw landed 5 minutes late and took off ok, yet ours was diverted to Manchester.

after about 10 minutes the JLA flight information boards changed to flight cancelled.

why couldn't Ryanair just bus us all to Manchester to pick up our flight from there ?

after returning to the Ryanair desk, we got told there was no other flights to Prague, no transfer to Manchester, told we would be refunded for the flights in full and could claim compensation.

Although it was pointed out how Ryanair will wriggle out of this by stating it was an issue with the weather ? so why did the Warsaw flight take off ?

I'm well aware of the recent media stories of Ryanair stating they will not pay out EEU Compensation, so any advise would be appreciated

Thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Firstly put your flight details into bottonline and EuClaim flight checkers and see what they say.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And DO NOT apply for refund if you are going to arrange an alternative flight with a different airline, at Ryanair's expense. Clearly they have not offered you or informed of the option of re-routing. No surprise there. Naughty Ryanair.

If you apply for the refund it absolves them of any duty of care including re-routing costs.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bignred05
    Options
    Firstly put your flight details into bottonline and EuClaim flight checkers and see what they say.

By supplying my details to this firm will it mean I get pestered by calls ??
  • bignred05
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:00PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    And DO NOT apply for refund if you are going to arrange an alternative flight with a different airline, at Ryanair's expense. Clearly they have not offered you or informed of the option of re-routing. No surprise there. Naughty Ryanair.

If you apply for the refund it absolves them of any duty of care including re-routing costs.

we got told at the Ryanair desk at JLA there was no other flights to Prague for several days ?
    although an Easyjet from Manchester that had 3 seats was mentioned, although when we checked shortly afterwards this was full.

it was meant as a weekend (Fri-Mon) in Prague so alternate flights really had to be tonight or early tomorrow

don't understand why they couldn't just bus us all to Manchester, as I said earlier surely our flight was making a return from Prague somewhere tonight whats happened to the that flight

also I've had am email off Ryanair offering to apply for a refund (obviously I'm not yet) or to Change your cancelled flight for free
  • bignred05
    Options

having just checked Skyscanner there's several flights tomorrow

could I book them and claim it back via Ryanair later ?

Never done this before
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you certainly can. But expect a fight.
    The usual suspects will be here to help.
    You have 2 potential claims.
    1. Compensation for the short notice cancellation, depending on the reason for cancellation. It would seem it wasn't the weather or ATC if other flights were operating. We may hear from passengers on the diverted flight and find out why. Was your flight fully booked?
    2. Reclaim expenses you incurred in booking alternative flight, including taxi from airport and back again.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bignred05
    Options
    Yes you certainly can. But expect a fight.
    The usual suspects will be here to help.
    You have 2 potential claims.
    1. Compensation for the short notice cancellation, depending on the reason for cancellation. It would seem it wasn't the weather or ATC if other flights were operating. We may hear from passengers on the diverted flight and find out why. Was your flight fully booked?
    2. Reclaim expenses you incurred in booking alternative flight, including taxi from airport and back again.

Don't know how we can find out the reason why the flight was cancelled
    but as I have said two Ryanair flights flights where due into Liverpool one from Warsaw and ours from Prague, both where expected to return to the same destinations
    Warsaw landed (slight delay) and took off ok
    both stated on JLA online arrivals on approach to airport(I have photo proof) our flight then changed to Diverted to Manchester (again I have photo proof)
    it would appear our flight was the only flight cancelled earlier this afternoon at JLA so surely weather can't only effect 1 flight

I assume our flight to Prague, would of been making a return flight somewhere, so what happened to that ?

why couldn't Ryanair just bus all of us to Manchester

sorry don't know exact figures of how many was on our flight, although it wasn't cheap to book a seat when I checked 24 hours earlier

apologises for repeating things
    thanks for responding

Ohh and I don't mind a fight
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family