If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dr_Watson
    Dr_Watson Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2018 at 9:48PM
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Ah sorry, my bad, I forgot about your journey.
    ESCP it is then. The good Dr maybe along some time to open his surgery.

Evening JP, and especially alfa145 and Romaness,
    It sounds like ESCP is the only way you will receive any joy from either of your incidents with RA.
    Do start with the LBA, and when you hear nothing from this start ESCP proceedings.
    Now, we used to do this in an English, Welsh, or Scottish court of your choice, usually the nearest major one to you that was aware of the process.
    But our friends at RA have clauses in their T's and C's that at the moment stop us from doing this.
    So, we have a Plan B. We file the claim in an Irish court and use this as a court within the domicile of the defendant.
    I posted about this a few weeks ago, use the search facility to find this post (3032) and read up on the rest of the guidance to get around RA's latest attempt to stop you claiming what you are rightly due.
    If you need any more help, post back here and the regulars will be on hand.
    Good luck and keep going.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • Trudy_Bongard
    Options
    Hi can anyone help and advise me on this latest Ryanair farce.
    We were due to fly back from Thessaloniki in Greece on the 10.25pm flight Saturday 30th Sept. We had gone through security and were waiting at the gate. It got later and later the weather was good there and other were flights were taking off and landing. Once it got past midnight people were monitoring the flight it had been circling but then seemed to go to Athens. At 1.30am we were given a £3.50 meal tickets and went back out the gate. At approx 3am we were told the flight was cancelled no reason and no announcements were given. We were then back in the check in area with one girl on the desk the next flight to Stansted from Thessaloniki was NEXT Saturday or Sunday 6-7 days away. No one offered any flights with anyone else.We were taken at 5am to a Hotel queued up and got in a room at 6.30am told to check out by 12pm we were bused back to the airport. Several people had booked various flights via Paris, Rome, even Stockholm. as you look at Skyscanner the prices go through the roof. We wanted a direct flight at a proper price the first we could book with help from our daughter at home was a flight to Gatwick on the Thursday with Norwegian.we booked a hotel in the city centre for 3 nights we had taxi transfers and food and other expenses. Once home we needed a taxi from Gatwick to Stansted to pick up our car . Dog in kennels , 3 days extra parking etc.
    What do I need to do next ? HELP
    Thanks Trudy
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Trudy Bongard,

This all sounds very familiar and you seem to have a solid case but nothing is going to be easy with Ryanair. We need to know the reason for the cancellation just incase it is an extraordinary circumstance although I doubt it was.

First of all you need to make a claim directly to RA via their website, you should claim for EU261 compensation of €400 each plus all your essential costs and expenses (minus anything alcoholic).

You will need to follow that route first, which is very prescriptive, when dealing with RA correctly. There are many hoops to jump through, as RA make life as difficult as they can legally get away with (and a bit more sometimes).

Download and read Vaubans guide, details just below here, and then follow the link to Dr Watson equally excellent 'suing Ryanair' guide. There is a lot of reading to do and then a good deal of work to get back what you are almost certainly owed.

There is help here when you need it.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • TemmyTemjin
    Options
    Hello,

Details:

- Flight FR1162. London Stansted -> Belfast International

- Took off on time 09:40

- Due to land at Belfast International at 11:05

- Arrived to Ireland but couldn't land due to high winds

- Forced to land at Liverpool at 11:45

- Stayed in plane, grounded at Liverpool. No access to terminal bulding allowed.

- Plane stayed here until 17:40 (5 hours, 55'ish minutes)

- No free refreshments, or meal vouchers were provided (but purchases were allowed)

- Plane landed at Belfast International at 18:16 (7 hours, 11 minutes overdue)

Is there a valid case here under EU261? If so, do you have any advice about pursuing?

Thanks.

Hello. I submitted a case through the EU ODR platform. I recently got an update saying...

"The trader has proposed a list of approved dispute resolution bodies to hear the complaint. As part of the dispute resolution process, all parties have to agree on a dispute resolution body."

The only resolution body they are offering is AviationADR.

Is it fine to accept this or are there better ways of going about this?
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Hello. I submitted a case through the EU ODR platform. I recently got an update saying...

"The trader has proposed a list of approved dispute resolution bodies to hear the complaint. As part of the dispute resolution process, all parties have to agree on a dispute resolution body."

The only resolution body they are offering is AviationADR.

Is it fine to accept this or are there better ways of going about this?

It depends what you are claiming for?

As the bad weather allows the airline a way out from paying compensation what do you want from them?
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's the way they treat passengers when there is a diversion that appals me. To keep them cooped up on the aircraft for hours without refreshments is wrong.
  • Tyzap
    Options
    It's the way they treat passengers when there is a diversion that appals me. To keep them cooped up on the aircraft for hours without refreshments is wrong.

Absolutely agree, it is already probably covered by the regulations. The airlines duty of care does not end just because passengers are forced to stay onboard an aircraft. Which is why I previously suggested sending RA's own receipts back to them for a refund if anything was bought while entrapped on the aircraft.

I do recall a similar situation where the 'entrapped' passengers called the police, they were soon 'released'. Definitely the best tactic if held against your will, meals and drinks are not given out freely and things become unbearable.
  • TemmyTemjin
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    It depends what you are claiming for?

Food purchased on the plane during a 7 hour delay.

My understanding is while airlines do use bad weather as an excuse for not paying for core compensation, they do have a duty of care when it comes to refreshments. This was not offered.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As advised get the receipts from Ryanair and claim the money back
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business