Options

Comments

• bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2018 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Thanks for the swift replies

i'm guessing NBA/LBA means Notice/Letter before action ??

as for the weather issue and Ryanairs excuse

I have a screen shot on my phone of 3 flights landing 15:30* (Wizz Air), 15:34 Easyjet) & 15:44 (Easyjet) our flight was due to depart at 15:50, the Wizz are one was due to depart at 15:45 although it landed at 15:30 our flight was due to depart at 15:50 and it never showed any form of delay on the JLA gate information baords

the Wizz air flight was on the next gate to us and I assume it took off OK, I herd the airport staff asking about boarding the flight, but the last person had only just left so they asked for time for a sweep of the plane.

now if these 3 aircraft's all landed OK around the time (or during) ours was due to land, there couldn't of been an issue with the weather.

plus as we know the Prague flight left Manchester for Prague, so why didn't they bus us there?

questions I intend to ask before escalation

Thanks again

for this ADR do I have to enetr all the information I am aware of such as other flights landing OK, no other cancellations and the fact the Prague flight took off 2.5 hours later

or is it just the same standard details as Ryanair got
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would put ALL the information/evidence/arguements you have in at the begining if possible. It may reduce the protracted time frame the ADR process seems to take.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bignred05
    Options
    does anyone know of any ways to find out if any other flights where cancelled on Friday afternoon at JLA (Liverpool)

when we arrived in the departure there was no other flight cancellations on the information board for the time we where there.

Thanks again
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bignred05 wrote: »
    We sincerely regret the cancellation of your flight FR8561 from Liverpool to Prague on the 12/10/2018, which was caused due to adverse weather conditions, wind, outside of our control.

euclaim shows
    An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.
    Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation

from FlightAware it does look like your flight headed for LPL and circled before the divert. The Dublin flight was same aircraft type and due to arrive at a similar time (although was delayed an hour from Dublin) It was circling for over half an hour before landing.
    https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RYR1442/history/20181012/1359Z/EIDW/EGGP
    I suspect your aircraft did not have enough fuel to be able to hold any longer so was diverted..this pattern does indicate weather could be valid

other flights would have been heavily delayed
  • bignred05
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    euclaim shows
    An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.

from FlightAware it does look like your flight headed for LPL and circled before the divert. The Dublin flight was same aircraft type and due to arrive at a similar time (although was delayed an hour from Dublin) It was circling for over half an hour before landing.
    I suspect your aircraft did not have enough fuel to be able to hold any longer so was diverted..this pattern does indicate weather could be valid

Thanks for that

why did Ryanair then not bus us all to Manchester as we know the flight took off 2.5 hours later after it landed

as for the Dublin flight, my screenshot states ETA as 15:45 and expected as 16:50, although if it was late leaving Dublin that would explain the delay surely
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    it picked up a further half hour delay circling the airport. Left 1 hour late and arrived 1.5 hours late
  • bignred05
    Options
    it picked up a further half hour delay circling the airport. Left 1 hour late and arrived 1.5 hours late

granted that

but it doesn't explain why Ryanair did not bus the JLA passengers to Manchester.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    euclaim shows

The aircraft made no attempt to land at LPL, did not get close to the airport and did not drop below 8,000feet, I don't call that an attempt to land or even circling above the airport.

Also, why would the aircraft wait at MAN for 2.5hrs if there were no passengers to board? it does not make sense to me. Not to worry tho, this may turn out to be their 'achilles heal'

With an EC excuse the claimant has two bites at the cherry, so if the first fails the second must be examined.

This is what the regulations say...

compensation does not have to be paid if the carrier can prove, in accordance with Article 5(3), if that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken

IMO, even if it passed the first limb, it would still fail the 2nd, given they could have take the passengers just one hour down the M62 to MAN. I have highlighted the key 2nd part of the EC limb which, I believe, the airline failed.

Compensation due IMO.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with tyzap. There appears to have been an "operational decision" to go to Manchester and abandon the passengers waiting at Liverpool.
    It would be helpful to get the story from those passengers who ended up in Manchester, instead of Liverpool.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • bignred05
    Options
    can anyone confirm if it mentions anywhere under the EU261 regulation about transferring passengers from one airport (Liverpool) to Manchester in this case

I'm in the process of doing my reply and would like to have the correct information about this

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure