Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Options

Comments

• neecy
    neecy Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Does anyone know what happened to those Disney Afghan rug sets. I stitched one about 4 years ago for a neighbour's new baby. It had Winney & piglet sat on a cloud and you had to tassel the edges. I was very proud of it. When I gave it to my neighbours the father of the baby's eyes filled up with tears and they still have it draped over her chair in her room (aah...) I would love to do another one. I've seen a few afghans on the web but they're not the same, not as much detail and they seem to be tinkerbell etc. I'd love to do an Eeyore one.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    neecy wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know what happened to those Disney Afghan rug sets. I stitched one about 4 years ago for a neighbour's new baby. It had Winney & piglet sat on a cloud and you had to tassel the edges. I was very proud of it. When I gave it to my neighbours the father of the baby's eyes filled up with tears and they still have it draped over her chair in her room (aah...) I would love to do another one. I've seen a few afghans on the web but they're not the same, not as much detail and they seem to be tinkerbell etc. I'd love to do an Eeyore one.

Is it this one?

http://www.past-impressions.co.uk/acatalog/Disney_Cross_Stitch_Kits.html
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya, we've moved into a cross stitch cafe, post here for more replies :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Lilliant
    Lilliant Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to the MSE forums; love cross stitch and am desperately trying to find a CHEAP source of DMC stranded cotton threads - preferable a secure online site.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?? I need to stock up to make a (late) start on stuff for Christmas!!

Also, what about an on-line swap-shop of patterns - just those you've designed yourselves; no copyright issues then!
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lilliant wrote: »
    Hi

I'm new to the MSE forums; love cross stitch and am desperately trying to find a CHEAP source of DMC stranded cotton threads - preferable a secure online site.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?? I need to stock up to make a (late) start on stuff for Christmas!!

Also, what about an on-line swap-shop of patterns - just those you've designed yourselves; no copyright issues then!

Hi Lilliant.

This thread hasn't been used for a few months because we all use this thread now http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2165823 You are very welcome to join us!

I'll answer your questions now though as best I can.

For threads alot of us use this site http://www.across-town-stitching.talktalk.net/index.html Not only are their threads cheap but postage is very reasonable too. They deliver quickly and any problems are dealt with excellently.

As for swapping charts.....we already do! :D

Hope that helps.

Shelly
  • Lilliant
    Lilliant Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Shelly

Thank you for that - I'll see you at the other thread!
  • Elise1912
    Options
    I've always either used Lakeside needlecraft or sew and so to be honest as found them the cheapest for threads. I know DMC put their prices up every year so its getting a bit ridiculous now! If you're after cross stitch for a new baby (something neutral) I did one recently from Caterpillar Cross Stitch which was pretty cute and they also do whole kits so you don't then need to go and buy all the thread yourself.
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you're into cross stitch or any crafts you're welcome to join us in the caf! for chats and inspiration, 2019 thread here https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5943033
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • ChirsPalmer
    Options
    I havn't done it for years..
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi all, just tidying up the board a bit, so moving this thread into the craft section ;)

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure