Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Options

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi all, tried googling but no luck so thought you clever people could help, what's the difference between 14 and 16 count fabric, i assume one the holes are slightly further appart?
    I have the urge for a project but all the sets i seem to get seem fiddly
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • Misty_Blue
    Options
    reehsetin wrote: »
    what's the difference between 14 and 16 count fabric, i assume one the holes are slightly further appart?

It's the number of holes per inch of fabric (you sometimes see the count written as 14 HPI). So a design on 16 count aida will be worked using smaller stitches and so the overall design will be smaller than if it was worked on 14 count. The higher the count, the finer the fabric.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Options
    http://twdesignworks.com/xs.html
    Thought some of you might be interested to read this. How sad. :(
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

Here is my grand nephews stitching thingy.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/sweetcarer/Baby/Baby1.jpg

Still to do the back stitch on the bear, the border of flag, the back stitch details and of course my signature.

Hard to believe I am a grand aunt again and I am not even 40. :rotfl:

Kind wishes to all

sweetcarer ;)

PS My grandnephew is American - thus the baseball player. (My hubby is American - he came to stay with me in Scotland - I am lucky)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi All

Finished my grand nephews stitch

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/sweetcarer/Baby/Baby2.jpg

Will go out tomorrow and get a frame for it ready to take to the States at the end of the week. Sad news is that he is leaving for his new home on the Wednesday so we miss seeing him by 2 days.

Now I have to think of all the Christmas presents I am taking over with me and get some packing done.

Kind wishes to all

sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • Ruth_honey
    Options
    Just had an email from Past Impressions-thought you might be interested...

We want to clear the shelves of our Christmas cross stitch kits to make way for all the new designs that are coming in 2010. There are some big bargains to be had, but stock is very limited so don't delay - if you see something you like, buy it now to avoid disappointment. Once it's gone, it's gone!

Discounts can be found on Christmas cards (it's still not too late to get them stitched for this Christmas), decorations, advent calendars, coaster kits, wind chimes, character kits, as well as beautiful Christmas pictures from designers such as Thomas Kinkade and Margaret Sherry.
    And newsletter readers can get a further 5% discount .....

You can get a further 5% discount on already discounted sale items if you spend more than £20 on Christmas sale stock. Simply enter the code "XMAS5" in the coupon box at checkout. Offer ends Sunday 6th December.

And finally just to remind you, all UK orders qualify for FREE delivery and we are happy to ship overseas too.
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
  • Ruth_honey
    Options
    Just went onto Across Town Stitching to buy some threads and thought you might be interested in this:

Due the increase in supplier costs we are increasing the price of Standard
    DMC and Anchor stranded 8m skeins to 37p from January 1st 2010

They are currently 30p, so that's a big hike in price. Still LOADS cheaper than Hobbycraft, mind!
  • ocemeer
    ocemeer Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    Am looking for a reasonable sized unisex cot quilt or something similar to embroider for a friends baby (due june so I have some time) Not found anything really special yet and can remeber some of you having some beautiful baby items and wondered if you could nudge me in the right direction.
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ocemeer, have you tried sewandso.co.uk?

I know I recommend them a lot but they really are great. I would have liked to have stitched this one http://www.sewandso.co.uk/cgi-bin/find/db.cgi?db=zoom&do=search_results&Prod_Code=60708&ww=1 but it is quite expensive (though cheaper than when I was looking, so might still consider it).

If you are after something cheaper just search on afghan and the plain fabric comes up, then you could just use designs you already have or some out of magazines.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit.

Harley xxx
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
  • Ruth_honey
    Options
    I remember a while ago someone was after a Tatty Teddy design-possibly for a wedding? It might be too late, but I found a chart in a shop over Christmas & picked it up if anyone wants it. It was a free chart published by Anchor a while ago. I stitched it for my friend's wedding, adding my own lettering...

2051457060043882734CMfxGB_th.jpg

If anyone wants it, let me know...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport