Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD today - 8/20.
    Grateful for:
    Having a chilled out day.
    Having ingredients already in as I made a fruit cake.
    Self care.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello :wave:
    Really busy few days at work for me - even though the exams haven't started yet. Never mind - it has distracted me from spending. Bagged one more nsd today (not yesterday as I got grocery shopping in) and have just been on the go from 7am until 6pm so really no time for money wasting. Trouble is I don't feel as though I've managed to make any real progress with work stuff - it's all change and politics and whingeing and stress.
    However I am grateful for:
    Having a job I enjoy
    Being a decent human being
    My own children having loads of common sense.
    It is so cold here that the heating has kicked in for 3 days in a row now.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Toni'sfriend - hope that himself gets better soon. He's been under the weather for while now...

Today I am grateful for a really positive day at work, for getting orders and admin done, for chats with some lovely colleagues, for not being out in the rain, for the smell of wet grass, for my workout, for a good book, for a cunning plan for tomorrow.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lazier day than anticipated but still exhausted. Had to go out shopping, met beloved on the town Hall square and took her with me to Wilkos. She had some grey dishes on her Christmas wish list and I noticed W's had several different sets (+ lots of plain white for me).

She asked about the absence of roasting dishes (at home - they're hiding) and we ended up buying a 'pyrex' one and a plain white one which are environmentally friendly and multi purpose. Also bought the dishwasher and washing tablets and she carried it all home (we had to buy another bag for life).

I carried on to the market to buy flowers (as I'm going to the crematorium tomorrow I am going to leave flowers in the Hall of Remembrance and on my aunt and uncle's grave). Plus a small amount of food.

Went to mum's. Spent some time writing out the gospel reading in large print so at least i won't be struggling to see what it says. Mum is now going to the buffet meal and started meithering about who from our side might be going (pretty sure she has already told me that most of them said they were only going to the church).

Apparently the son and daughter who have done most for their father were having a panic about numbers yesterday and if they run out of food could the venue rustle up more - NO. I said I had never heard of anyone running out of food but I'm not allowed to have any until everyone else has been fed.

Son who has made all the arrangements is now being driven up the wall by siblings whose only concern was that the funeral should not disrupt their holidays are now suggesting things like having a slide show of photos of their father (someone went to a funeral where this happened).

So mum has given me the task of pouncing on people from 'our side' (mum's cousins, my cousins, two of mum's old friends, DS1 + wife, DS2, my dead brother's old gf and her daughter, my brother and his daughter, presumably any people mum knows from church etc etc) check if they are carrying on to the crem and or to the buffet and make sure they get spaces in cars. Oh what jolly fun.

Today I am grateful for orange juice (shouldn't have, very rarely do, but it's lovely when I break the rules), for sorting the bit of the reading that was worrying me (I hope no one notices if I slip up and use the old words, a couple of the phrases are rather clumsy) and for the flowers I bought - only chrysanthemums but a lovely sunny orange colour.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Evening all; my update for today:

Budget - minimum spending - had run out of greek yoghurt that I like to have for breakfast but also bought unplanned biscuits to cheer up DD1 who didn't get a job she had an interview for :(.

Enjoy the month. Will try not to let work get to me. Failed on that one - walked to Mr C and was almost in tears at work stress. Hoping things will get better eventually but they will get worse first. I have booked a day off from FT job to do something nice with my self employment role in a couple of weeks.

Read. not today, too tired and going to sleep soon .

Reduce, reduce and reduce some more. Looked on Facebook sites that relate to my FT job but not looked on my own Fb. All food from stores

Increase, Increase walking - had a walk this evening.

Move it!
    Not enough but managed some

Things I am grateful for today: DD1 made tea; DD1 brought me a cuppa and a hot water bottle in bed; DD2 is having a lovely week away with her boyfriend

No! not spent much

Think of others. not done - will try to focus outside of myself tomorrow!

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Budget:
    Not done yet as still on my hols. Will definitely do when I get back in 5 days or so though. Still to do.

Enjoy the month Outing today but not the planned one, still enjoyable & visit planned for tomorrow now.

Read Read in bed before sleep but dropping off atm before having read very much.

Reduce, reduce and reduce YS food eaten for lunch today although supper was eaten out. Now have more YS food for the rest of our time here after shopping today.

Increase Will visit the local amenity site before we leave, have to be tomorrow as that's the only day it is open.

Move it! Only walking round the shops today.

Post 3 gratitudes every day DD missing us & asking us to come back as she is not eating any vegetables (!), Lovely weather here, bluebells & birds in the garden, some of which I can't even name.

No! Yes! Planned meal out today.

Think of others Emailed friend, got a few gifts to take back.

16 NSD: Still 2/16

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST OK

Plan the month: Planned another outing tomorrow.

Check in every day Here I am, hello folks
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

Look after yourselves turtles :D
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 10 May 2019 at 7:41AM
    Options
    Budget reset day! Finished last week with £1.63 excess.

I woke up being tempted by all kinds of not-so-good-streets ideas. Dieting sucks. Trying to stick to 800 calories, it is harder than you think when you are at home all day, but going out tends to result in £££s. Going to do the charity shop trawl this morning, it takes two and a half to three hours, and will do some food shopping.

Gratitudes:
    The tiny golfball sized hamster making me laugh (he is soooo stompy for his size. He sounds like a kid in his mum's army boots, stomp, stomp, stomp)
    Being in credit for the week! yay!
    Having choices.
    'Y0ur h0me made perfect' having a house which was practically the same age and shape as ours and giving us loads of ideas.

Happy Friday Turtles!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Happy friday turtles!!!

Budget - all good so far, should be able to stick to it this weekend as have nothing planned apart from relaxing. NSD 4 yesterday.

Enjoy the month - looking forward to sunbathing and picnics in the park this weekend… free and glorious

Reduce - wasted a bit of aubergine curry that I hadn't eaten in time. This weekend I'm going to try the bring your own bag grain shop.

Increase - have been practicing my spanish every day and people are commenting on my pronunciation/accent in a good way.... Although I am no where near the level I want to be, I am sure I can get there in 6months - 1 year.

Move it - Going to do yoga in the park tomorrow and will try to do a HIIT work out later today

Read - been reading Quora in spanish if I have gaps in between my classes. Longing to read a good book in english though

Every day - Grateful for lovely students, my housemate making me giggle, for making progress, for having a quiet place to chill.

Think of others My housemate/landlord told me that our cleaning lady has been sick for 2 weeks so she has been sacked from her main job…(from south america and no papers).... THEN she told me they are living as a family (2 adults 2 kids aged 6 and 8) together in just one room at some sort of shelter/hostel.... .:( I feel so bad for them, especially the kids. I want to do something small for them but can't think of what would be helpful and not condescending...
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

Wednesday was a NSD so that made it 4/16. Didn't post as I felt terrible and went to bed early. (Stupid TOTM always knocks me out).

Thursday was a spend day - not great on all fronts - brought coffee and a muffin, didn't take lunch to work with me, ended up buying wrap, pop and 2 yum yums. Bad day for the purse and very bad day for the diet! Resulted in my having terrible stomach cramps in the evening, so ended up going to bed early.

Today I'm working from home, so should bag another NSD making it 5/16.

Will do a longer post later!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills