NST May 2019: May merriment

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning!

Today I will decide to go to the market. Mostly for cukes, toms, caulis, avos and fruitbowl. I have a few vouchers I should use too. Just £3 M&S and £2 H&B but it all adds to the pantry. Parking is only £1, which is more than saved in market prices.

Going to be messing about with wood, and potting on some more seedlings. Can't wait for them to leave the patio doors and live outside, but still too cold yet.

Lost another 2lbs this week so far - official weigh day is Tues. keep on slimming, keep on slimming. Doing it myself, so no club, no fees, no raffle and no snack shop.

Think of others - helped other mums who had got it into their heads there is only one week left of term, but it is two.

4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 May 2019 at 10:14AM
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    DD meeting her boyf early on at uni, as she didn't get on with her flatmates in Y1

I think year one housemates are just one of those important lessons in life.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Deni - work sounds tough. Hope you get to do some nice things for you over the weekend.

Thank you apple :A
    I walked out in tears yesterday :( (I did go back later). Lots of issues with manager and I have involved my union but need to get back to them. Anyway it's the weekend so I will try not to think about work...

DD1 and I are off to see Take That tomorrow and the excitement levels are increasing by the second.....:j
    Tickets were bought last year but we will buy some snacks there - thinking we have big late lunch or take a sandwich to eat in the car park before we go in; will have petrol and parking costs but we will share petrol costs anyway. Got one part of my self employment payment so solvent again!
    The sun is out at last so washing can go on the line.
    Have a good day everyone
    Deni xx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We did actually manage out today to the shops. Needed some veg, etc so whilst spending anyway stocked up on birthday card (10 for £1.00) and wrapping paper. Wrapped some presents for a couple of little one's birthdays next month. Will have to get them to them before I go away.

Still eating from freezer (main ingredients anyway).

I'm making a list of things I really need to do to get back on track.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Kerry Woman - when you went to Memphis, did you do lots of Elvis stuff? I've been reading the frugal living challenge from 2015, and I think you mentioned there about going to an Elvis exhibition in London? and said that you doubted you'd get to see his 'real' stuff.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for lots of walking for my stiff limbs, for not getting soaked again, for seats on all my trains, for dd being chuffed to see me, for a lovely mse-r sending me a box of clothes for dd., for 6p roadkill.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    apple muncher - I did lots of things relating to Elvis when I went to Memphis. Went to Graceland, visiting places around Memphis relating to him and also went to Tupelo - saw places relating to him, eg house he was born. The trip was organised by a company who does trips relating to Elvis. I did go to the exhibition in London. Circumstances changed and I decided to take the opportunity.
    Was a spend day.
    Grateful for:
    Meeting up with 2 old work colleagues.
    Weather getting better this afternoon.
    Plenty of walking.
    Received my train 50 club discount card in post.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hey!
    Well - the brown stuff has well and truly hit the fan at work. I'm not directly involved (thankfully) but I am the union rep at school so I am involved in that aspect. Still not much because the regional rep is involved, but it's quite a big deal and has taken up a lot of my free lessons and time after school. I personally feel quite sad about the whole situation, but just for myself because I know there's a massive divide among the staff now, and no matter what the outcome, half of them will be unhappy. Ah well - all out of my control.
    I have a shedload of work that I've brought home. Tight deadlines coming up, exams start next week etc so nothing can wait.
    So, today I'm grateful for:
    KFC, and in particular the £5 voucher I had to get me and the kids my favourite ever takeaway.
    Having a computer at home and being able to access the work system from here
    The sun finally deciding to make an appearance, albeit only at brief intervals.
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry for my absence the last few days...

Make a budget NSDs 10/30 First spend day today, had to get some keys cut (some for me, some work related.) I had a 20 minute wait and hadn't had lunch yet, so succombed to a pasty.
    Enjoy the month. Do things that make you happy. It was a lovely day today, and my granma has her chalet back, shes cut me a key (I'm going to help towards her fees) so I went for a swim on the Hoe.
    Then when I got home I took my music out into the garden and practiced my sax and guitar in the sun.
    Read. Haven't read the last few nights, will tuck myself into bed with my book tonight.
    Reduce. Nothing new has entered the house today.
    Increase. Music practice. 35 minutes on the sax, 20 minutes on guitar.
    Move it! Nice long swim in the sea.
    Every day gratitudes:
    1) Being able to lock my stuff away while I swam
    2) Banter with workmates on facebook
    3) Sunshine
    No! to wants, to treats. Cheese & onion pasty nommed
    Think of others. Letting others out in the traffic today, its Pirate weekend, so roads were jammed.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    For the last few days

Make a budget and stick to it. Spends updated in YNAB.

Enjoy the month. Currently home visiting my dad. Met a friend and her kids for coffee today.

Read. Doing lots of reading.

Reduce, reduce and reduce some more. Changed energy supplier so reduced bills will be coming my way soon.

Increase, increase and increase even more. Spent lots of time outdoors today.

Move it! Running around after my friends kids and also helping my dad in the garden.

Post 3 gratitudes every day. Catch up with a friend, time spent with my dad, sunshine.

No! Coffee out but friend paid for it.

Think of others. Nothing here.

16 NSD. 6/16

Pay to your debt/savings FIRST and live off the rest. £1 extra paid to the debt on Thursday and today, £1.84 paid on Friday.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10796.88/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1538.77/£2000 (76.9% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure