Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • epm-84
    • By epm-84 5th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,422Posts
    • 4,355Thanks
    epm-84
    Vodafone appearing on credit report
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    Vodafone appearing on credit report 5th Feb 18 at 10:23 AM
    I cancelled my phone contract with Vodafone in October 2016, yet it's still showing as an active account on my credit report with no outstanding balance. Will this cause an issue and if so how would I go about fixing it?
Page 4
    • fizbo
    • By fizbo 24th Nov 19, 8:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fizbo
    I cancelled my phone contract with Vodafone in October 2016, yet it's still showing as an active account on my credit report with no outstanding balance. Will this cause an issue and if so how would I go about fixing it?
    Originally posted by epm-84
    I have just noticed the same thing - zero balance Vodafone account corresponding to a long-since cancelled contract on my credit report. I guess I should get this taken off. Part of me is reluctant to do anything as it seems benign at the moment and I fear making something worse in some way... OP if you are around, did you get this resolved successfully please?
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 24th Nov 19, 8:55 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,844 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    I have just noticed the same thing - zero balance Vodafone account corresponding to a long-since cancelled contract on my credit report. I guess I should get this taken off. Part of me is reluctant to do anything as it seems benign at the moment and I fear making something worse in some way... OP if you are around, did you get this resolved successfully please?
    Originally posted by fizbo
    In the opened accounts section or closed accounts?
    • fizbo
    • By fizbo 26th Nov 19, 9:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fizbo
    Under open accounts - seems to be "accessed" every month but zero
    • fizbo
    • By fizbo 27th Nov 19, 6:43 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fizbo
    So I used the social contact form linked earlier in this thread to message Vodafone about this, and I've not hear anything back from them yet but received a customer survey: 'Following your recent email to our contact centre, we'd like to invite you to answer our 4 question survey regarding the service you received.'

Not sure how to react to this haha :P I guess I'll give them a bit longer to reply to me before filling out the survey...
    • Chris.HD
    • By Chris.HD 28th Dec 19, 2:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chris.HD
    Vodafone on my credit report
    Hi,

How do i get rid of Vodafone off my credit report, iv written to them more than once, i have a zero balance, as far as im concerned iv not done business with them for more than 8 years! Can I take then to court ?
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 28th Dec 19, 3:12 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,844 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Hi,

How do i get rid of Vodafone off my credit report, iv written to them more than once, i have a zero balance, as far as im concerned iv not done business with them for more than 8 years! Can I take then to court ?
    Originally posted by Chris.HD
    LOL no you canít take them to court
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 28th Dec 19, 5:31 PM
    • 2,613 Posts
    • 1,757 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    Hi,

Originally posted by Chris.HD
    Make a formal complaint in writing, then if it isnít resolved you can report them to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

110Posts Today

2,859Users online

Martin's Twitter