Lose Weight 19

Options
Fancy Spring Cleaning Yourself???

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead :D

So you wanna lose weight? You've come to the right place! :D

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help us older folk quickly spot the losses, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible :)

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - Next one is just starting so getyour name down quick and post your name and start the new list. Remember you could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j The chart is currently maintained by the delightful Grannynise

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below. To give you an idea of the wonderful losses that are been made with the help of this group and in this case, at the request of some of the group. Allow me to introduce..................ME!!!!!

Total Loss 171lb or 77.5Kg or 12stone 2lb

My Before Picture from Dec 2005
1.jpg
My After Picture from Dec 2007
PeteontheBridge.jpg

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! Well some of us are gentle ;)

Suggs
x
Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb

What is your motivation behind wanting to lose weight? (You can select more than one) 365 votes

Family and/or Peer pressure
4% 16 votes
Medical Reasons
17% 65 votes
Cosmetic Reasons
17% 63 votes
Self Esteem
43% 159 votes
For that special Occasion
6% 24 votes
Wanting to improve my sex life
10% 38 votes

Comments

• petrichor
    petrichor Posts: 940 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: Yaaaay! Found you Suggs :T :T Thanks ol' chum, and thanks for putting you photos on here:T :T...

...Welcome mark88man I couldn't make your link work, perhaps it's me, never mind. I don't know much about low carb diets, but you certainly seem to be doing well with it and your family too :j Nice to have you with us :D

xxxx
    I wish that I could be the oldest AND wisest....sadly it's not the latter :p but my time will come _party_ wooooh hoooh! Beware!!!!!!!
  • serendisglair
    Options
    Wooo!! I found it...
    There is a prob with the links in the the last post...

The first goes to LW 18 and the second to LW 19 :D

btw suggs.....such a fabulous disappearing act in the phototos :-) Welld done!
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fixed it now, sorry - see told you I was useless!! ;)

Whenever I do the stop and start thing I have the old thread open, the new one open and a PM going at the same time. It can get a little confusing.

Add to that the fact I have a sore head from playing rugby yesterday. Clash of heads in a ruck, resulting in a gash to my forehead and 5 steri-strips holding it together. Looks like I still am not 100% then ;) At least we won and It was one of my better games :)
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Suggs that is superb, Congrats Mate. Gives me encouragement and no doubt others.

Good to here there are other blokes on her, what did you come down from
    if you don't mind me asking. Looking at losing 7stone myself first two have already gone, but still a long way to go. Having said that it took me even longer to put it on.

I'm using the Paul McKenna system which is working for me, even taking exercise regularly for the first time in years.
    Cheers
    Steve
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Only joined thread 18 this morning and now I am on a new one.

That meant my total loss for Thread 18 lifetime was -1lb (I had a big glass of squash :beer: ).

Start weight 16st12lb.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone, a fresh new thread, yae! Big Hello to Mark, great to have you on board.

Maybe THIS will be the thread I reach my first stone on (now where have I heard that before? :rotfl:), although this week will be taking me further away from that, I'm afraid. Oh well, onwards and downwards!

Hope your head gets better soon Suggsy and thanks for the new thread; great to see your pics again too, always bowl me over :T
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • grannynise
    grannynise Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Suggs. Hope your head is better soon.
  • serendisglair
    Options
    Suggs wrote: »
    Fixed it now, sorry - see told you I was useless!! ;)

Whenever I do the stop and start thing I have the old thread open, the new one open and a PM going at the same time. It can get a little confusing.

Add to that the fact I have a sore head from playing rugby yesterday. Clash of heads in a ruck, resulting in a gash to my forehead and 5 steri-strips holding it together. Looks like I still am not 100% then ;) At least we won and It was one of my better games :)

Not useless at all suggs....You've managed to create a brand new thread...and you have done it very well...I Like the polls at the beginning :D
  • julesgr
    julesgr Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    Haven't got rid of me yet either!
    Weight loss since 01/08/07 - 72 lbs:j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not got rid of me either!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure