• victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    STS THIS WEEK

BB SORRY about the job for Mrbb

SUGGS thanks, he is revising the questions and answers as we speak

Hospital rang, need a few more tests.
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • purplecatlover
    purplecatlover Posts: 6,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    *waves*

only 1lb loss
    this week for me. oh well.

• petrichor
    petrichor Posts: 940 Forumite
    Options
    Bb Sorry to hear about MrBb, it can't have done his confidence much good. My DD began to think that she would never get a full time job despite having two good degrees, then her colleague advised her to put her details on Monster, Total Jobs etc., she was inundated with offers and was able to be quite choosey in the end. It's certainly worth a try. I hope that you start to feel better again soon not-tagged-smiley-14571.gif...

...Lovely to have you with us more often Marion :j Charlie is even more adorable :D and well done for starting back at the gym :j I've enjoyed reading about the Canadian trips of both you and missyg...I think it will be my vicarious holiday this year ;) ...

...fingerscrossedeo7.gif for your OH Vic hope he has better luck than Bb's and fingers still crossed for you too, was hoping for an 'all clear' for you today...

...Well done to all who have had good losses :j keep it up :j and to those who have gained - don't worry, next week will be different :D ...

xxxx
    I wish that I could be the oldest AND wisest....sadly it's not the latter :p but my time will come _party_ wooooh hoooh! Beware!!!!!!!
  • sjc_2
    sjc_2 Posts: 685 Forumite
    Options
    Well weighed in yesterday morning and have over the last 15 days put 1lb on !!! :(
    Considering I have lost 21lb since I started was initially very disappointed. But I felt as if I'd lost weight so got the tape measure out. I have lost an inch off my Chest, Belly and Waist so it gives me encouragement, as I have been going swimming twice a week whenever possible all February.

Going to start weighing in weekly on Friday/Saturday mornings so I can track my weight closer. Determined to do a Suggs and lose the weight I need to. Especially after watching Air Crash Investigation on Discovery last night which was quite scary they work on an average Passenger weight of 200lbs on the small planes that I use a lot and there have been guys on there a lot bigger than me. Thankfully yet to be on a full one. But for Thursdays trip I am now on the Train !! not taking the chance.
    Cheers
    Steve
  • grannynise
    grannynise Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    Options
    Victory --- thinking of you. My daughter is in much the same situation at the moment -- has had little bit of whatever it is sucked out and sent for tests , inconclusive and needs MORE tests. The waiting is completely pants, and it's not even me that's having the tests. Positive thoughts to you and lots of love.
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your good wishes peeps. It is very discouraging. Bit of a sad morning all round - Mr BB didn't get the job - a bit gutting as they were interviewing 5 people for 3 posts.Goodluck with the phone call Victory.Well done Mark. I've read about India Knight's weightloss/method in the online Times and have been really interested. If I hadn't been very happy and doing well on Slimming World I may have given it a try. It's great that your whole family is benefitting.Off to do some online research on my bro's new (old )house now, as a moving presie - census returns and the like.The purple button isn't working. Well, that sums up our morning really...Still the sun is shining, the sky is blue. Perhaps we'll force ourselves out this afternoon for tea and cake.

Sorry to hear that MrBB didn't get the job - is there anything else in the pipeline for him?

Victory - humph on more tests! oh and let us know how MrVictory gets on!

Suggs - hope the physio etc helps you out - re saying things to me - just praise when I have a good week and commiserate when I don't! Hopefully the better weather (when it arrives!) will mean I don't have to take the pain killers so much and the weight will come off! This week could be fun as it is my 43rd birthday on Friday this week! :eek:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • pixiedust_2
    pixiedust_2 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all

-2.5lbs this week

Well, thats last weeks gain dealt with! Got 2 more weeks til I'm away again (going up to the Lake District with friends for Easter weekend), so will be trying to get rid of as much as I can between now and then! I know I'll probably end up eating (and drinking) things that I shouldn't, and I'd much prefer to do the damage control in advance!

Trying desperately to keep up with everything on here, but my laptop still isn't back from repair - it went in nearly 3 weeks ago, and we're still waiting for parts to arrive before the work can be done! Having to find time during the day at uni to get online, and its just starting to get frustrating now! Oh well. Hopefully be back online properly some time next week :)

Well done to all the losers this week :) x
    **"Cheer up, it could get worse" - I cheered up, and look, it got worse!**
  • dellybelly_2
    dellybelly_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - so much to say but nothing to add to the stuff that everyone else has already said -.

bb I'm so sorry to hear about OH's interview - that really sucks

suggs - physio is literally a pain (especially in your neck) hope things get better soon.

victory - sending positive vibes your way, hope all goes well with your OH's interview. Have just one thing to add... has he looked carefully at the job description and thought of an example of when he has carried out those tasks/responsibilities before? It always helps to have a "for instance" ready for an interview as sometimes it can help you to remember key words and phrases that may gain extra points.

hope everyone else is well. Am studying for an interview myself on Friday. Is a grade higher than I'm currently on, completely different role (just for 6 months) but I'd be staying in the same location. Doing it mainly for the experience, but you never know...
    Goal for 09: Get fit and foxy. target weight 11st. 5/80.
    Get out of dead end job and work for career I always wanted.
  • Brighton_belle
    Brighton_belle Posts: 5,223 Forumite
    Options
    petrichor wrote: »
    Bb Sorry to hear about MrBb, it can't have done his confidence much good. My DD began to think that she would never get a full time job despite having two good degrees, then her colleague advised her to put her details on Monster, Total Jobs etc., she was inundated with offers and was able to be quite choosey in the end. It's certainly worth a try. I hope that you start to feel better again soon not-tagged-smiley-14571.gif...
    x
    </p>
    Perhaps we could plan a vicarious road trip together pet? Where do you fancy 'not' going... (none of my smilies are working today)Thanks all for comisseration re Mrbb. He's sitting on the sofa pretending he is ok. He is not. I've spent ages building himn up for this interview,trying to persuade him he is not on the scrap heap at 49, but something like this is a knockback. (And it's not the first, just a continution in a series.) Thanks for suggestion re monster.co.uk from you and vix - the thing is, OH is 49 yr old bloke and I don't think peeps are going to be queing up to employ him becasue of this, especially one who doesn't major on loud people skills, even though he's reliable, hardworking, honest, thorough etc etc. I think your daughter and vix's mate are young things and potentially seen as much more desireable. We are waiting to hear if he has an interview with another application. Trouble is, you're only contacted if they want to interview, so you're left in limbo for ages.Victory - sorry the wait goes on...and granny - I think it can be just as hard when it's a much loved someone else who's waiting for results. Hugs all round.Ooh, good luck delly, always worth a try. It's good to try new things as well.Suggs - you might feel you never know what to say, but you make a good job of coming across as caring. And that's all I and most peeps want, as dragon said, to be 'heard' and commisserated with when suffering and not offered trite homilies, which peeps here are brilliant at doing and not doing respectively, including you.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    purplecat it is never 'only a 1lb' it is a 1lb which if nothing else is 52 lb a year which is well over 3 stone, be proud it IS 1lb off:j :j :j

granny thank you and I send all the very best to your daughter, you say it is not you but it is you, she is yours, my OH has suffered in this , it does not just affect me but everyone around me and the wait yes is an absolute nightmare, I keep crying today for no particular reason simple because I am exhausted, the waiting:rolleyes:

delly thanks for the interview techniques, passed them on to OH and he is very well prepared now, been at it all day, I hope friday goes well for you.

pixie:j :j :j :j

pet it is one of those situations where you just wish you could throw money at it and say 'look here, take what you want, just let me know what the lump is NOW':rolleyes: unfortunately the roller coaster of emotions continues....

thedragon will do xx

sjc remember how well you have done, for reason unknown to us sometimes the body decides to weigh more, loads of reasons, totm, too much gym, bloatedness, clothes heavier, water retention, loads of things but even though 1lb on is not what you would expect it can be easily lost and has the potential to be double that next week, hang in there, keep going, put it behind you and look forward xx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure