Lose Weight 19

Options

Comments

• Suzy-Qu
    Suzy-Qu Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry Mr BB didn't get the job. How disappointing. I hope something else comes along soon. xx
    Sealed Pot Challenge No. 914
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to here that BB. Best to get back on the horse as they say and keep looking. Is he on monster.co.uk? my friend nicki said she had lots of job offers on there.

Retiredlady: Very cute. My boyfriends dogs dont shed either, but they need cutting often (dont think id like the agro with that!) Id love a poodle and my boyfriend wants a husky. Trouble is my family have always bought rescue dogs so i think i will go down that line, or get one rescue and one bought!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you so much Granny.
    Will post my loss later:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Just testing this.
    Cannot get this size to go any bigger:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • claireabelle82
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Suggs. Your weight loss is amazing!

I'd like to report a 1lb gain this week :( . I know why though.

It was my daughter's first birthday and I bought in junk and because I have no will power I ate a lot of it. I'm ok if its not there as I wouldn't go out to buy it but it was too tempting everytime I opened the cupboard door.

My husband was tiling the kitchen on Saturday and rather than interupt him to cook I decided we'd have a chipper. The worst thing was I didn't really want it. I ended up only eating half my bacon cheeseburger and felt ill afterwards. I felt ill on Sunday too. I think it was because I'd been eating so much c**p since Thursday and my body wasn't used to it.

Nevermind. I'm going to 100% on plan this week and see if I get time to do my exercise dvds!
    Thanks to all who post competitions!!
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    missyg wrote: »
    Thanks for the new thread Suggs! Hope your head is feeling better and congrats on the win at the weekend.

Vix, glad you had a great weekend :D

Dragon, you did very well this week considering how things were at midweek.

Marion, it will be great to hear more from you! I'd love to know where you went for your long trip to Canada. I used to go quite often and I've spent a lot of time there myself. The last time I rented a motorcaravan and explored the Rockies with just me and my son and it was fantastic :D

Starlight, as others have said that's probably just your muscles getting into shape, which is GREAT news! A fit & active person may well weigh a bit more than someone who doesn't do any exercise but they could still be the same measurements/dress size (if that makes sense).

BB so sorry to hear about your bad few days, was hoping you wouldn't get another setback ever (or if that's unrealistic, at least not so soon). Sounds like the new chair must have cheered you up a bit though :D

No official weigh in from me this week as I'm off the chart now, but although I have gained a bit I am still under target. Having a strict week this week though as that's 2 gains in a row.

It's not as bad as the hit I've taken on my "spend £5k less" challenge, thanks to kitting ourselves out for our free skiing holiday! ;) I don't think Martin would be very pleased with me this week :o

Hi Missyg:hello:

We (my younger daughter and myself) started off in Victoria on the Island for three weeks for my Mom's 80th and then we went to Vancouver and did a 2 week road trip across the Rockies to visit various relatives along the way and ended up in Calgary to visit the in-laws. We rented a car and stayed in a different town and motel every night. Had a great adventure!!

I am Canadian and both my daughters were also born there so we visit fairly often - I have 7 brothers and sisters and countless cousins!:eek: :D , so normally when we go we just have to worry about airfares as we normally stay with family. Have wanted to do a road trip for a while though and am so glad we did it! We were gone for 6 weeks in total and I only put on 8 pounds the whole time - which is a miracle in itself!!:D

As ever
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon one and all.

Hope we are all ok, Thanks for all the nice comments on my pics, I never like posting them, but I hope it encourages you. I will in about a month need a new volunteer for the next new thread, suggestions for the new poll will also be taken.

The head is knitting itself back together, the steri-strips are holding well. I will probably re-dress it all later. Its hard to desribe, but its one gash about an inch long with 5 little cuts extending from it, kind of like spiders legs! Sounds worse than it is.

Dragon and BB, I hope your both doing ok. its seems your going through alot at the moment and I never know what the right thing is to say. But I hope things improve for the pair of you. Makes my cough and cold sound trival :) (no its not man flu.:cool:)

On a side issue, I am getting tingling in my left hand, been getting it since Christmas. I have had this twice before in my right hand/arm, it seems to be a compression issue in my neck, pressing on a nerve, so its back to physio and neck traction for me. Not unpleasent, just a bind.

Nice to see your been chauffeured around KPC, have you been sitting in the back seat and regally waving to all and sundry. Victory hope the OH has a good interview. BB sorry to hear your OH wasnt sucessful, however I hope he takes the positives out of this and tries again. Vix seems like you had a great weekend, shame about the OH parents, I think alot of us can or have suffered with relatives. Personally I cant be bothered with even rising to the bait. So go on you. Keep the walking on the go, those legs will get more shapely ;)Missyg I have a ski coat you can have it's only 3XL Im not using it anymore, I have the matching leggings for it as well :rotfl:Starlight, it certainly seems like its muscle, do you measure yourself? has anything changed? I am sure you will get a positive result come next weigh in.

Right back to work or should it be lunch time???

x
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suzy-Qu wrote: »
    Brighton belle do hope you are soon feeling better. Sounds really horrible.

Retired Lady You know your little dog - are they really that good for people with allergies? My daughter suffers terribly with ecezema and asthma and we've only been able to have a rabbit as it was kept outdoors.
    However, my 17 year old son has despertely wanted a dog for ages and we would have got him one except we didn't think it was fair on my daughter when she is back from uni. as she only has to go in someone's house with a pet and her eyes start streaming and wheezing.
    I wonder if a little dog like this might be the answer.

Yes they are very good. My husband has asthma and one of my daughters has excema and they have had no problems. Because they don't shed it is very important that they are brushed and combed every day to avoid them becomeing matted.

I wonder if there is one locally you could visit and do a test visit with? Mind you once you hold one you will kick your kids out and keep the dog!! Instant love!!:T :T

Good luck
    Marion
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, just a quickie as I'm off for a nap. Really sorry to hear your news BB, I hope you do go out for tea and cake this afternoon xx
    Marion, great to see more of you! Missy, a skiing hol is worth spending for! Starlight, keep going like the others say and see what next week brings, could well be muscle.
    Just to put it down in writing, it's 3 months til my b-day today so I'm hoping to lose 10.5 lbs by then - sounds reasonable until you think that I've lost the same amount in 6 months... we'll see anyway. Chat more soon xx
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    A 3XL coat Suggs, are you sure you don't want to make yourself two coats out of it? :p I hope it's a super trendy one from the 80's in fluorescent colours? Oh no, I've just realised yours is a 2-piece set so it can't be!

Marion, only an 8lb gain for 6 weeks in Canada really IS a result! I do miss Canada and the way of life over there, I used to love going to watch the hockey.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure