We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Options

Comments

• web_ferret
    Options
    Uswitch contacts are here:

Email: [EMAIL="CustomerServices@uswitch.com"]CustomerServices@uswitch.com[/EMAIL]
    Tel: 0800 404 7961

Opening hours
    Monday to Thursday 8am - 8pm
    Friday 8am - 6pm
    Saturday 9am - 5pm
  • incus432
    Options
    Yes uswitch refused to honour the wine offer with me too, despite the fact that i know i followed the link, they just said i hadnt full stop. There was a nice chap on the helpline who emailed me offline to try to tell me they couldnt prove i hadnt used the link and to persevere So I wrote to complain and got a blunt refusal letter back. Hence i will never touch uswitch again and suggest others beware. In my view they are unethical cheats
  • mandimoo
    Options
    i too was met with uswitch's blunt insistence that i had not followed the correct link to qualify for the free wine offer. after arguing and being met by a brick wall i gave up and found this thread. after reading incus432s comment that uswitch could not prove that you didnt use the correct link, i decided to call them back. i put the ball back in their court and told them that if they were not going to honor the free wine offer they should prove to me that i had not used the correct link. the operative stumbled a little and asked me how i thought he could do that. i said they must be able to if they knew i had not followed the correct link and they should show me the proof. after being put on hold for 20 minutes they finally came back to me and offered me a wine voucher as a 'gesture of goodwill'. i have to say however, that was at approx 2pm this afternoon, and 10 hours later, the voucher is not here. will let you all know if it arrives.
  • roscoe57
    Options
    oh dearey me,

Sounds like bad news this thread, I wonder when is the time to get annoyed ?

I'm at 3 weeks after switch and no sign, just wondering about the length of time for the successful people, when does the wine come 4 weeks, 2 months ....

I also guess there is no practical way to check if your web-'click' was a good one !
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • mandimoo
    Options
    updating my thread (a couple of entries up). i got my voucher, but i tell you i had to stay RIGHT on top of it. i had to make 4 or 5 more calls. if you find yourself in my situation, get the persons name and note the time and date. be persistent, quote the broken promises back to them and eventually you might win. good luck. and stupid u-switch. i wont touch them again and anyone close to me will use more discretion in future.
  • incus432
    Options
    mandimoo wrote: »
    updating my thread (a couple of entries up). i got my voucher, but i tell you i had to stay RIGHT on top of it. i had to make 4 or 5 more calls. if you find yourself in my situation, get the persons name and note the time and date. be persistent, quote the broken promises back to them and eventually you might win. good luck. and stupid u-switch. i wont touch them again and anyone close to me will use more discretion in future.
    WELL DONE! your persistrence encourages me to go back and try the same. For me the positive thing out of this episode was to know that at least one person in this company thought what they were doing stank and was prepared to stick their neck out to try to help. He must have known that if uswirtch found out about his email to me he would be out on his ear.

I have since done another switch of supplier - not thru uswitch of course.
  • 1stGraham
    Options
    I like many others, it would seem to have been ripped off by uswitch. I made sure i used the correct links for the wine deal but have been told by them i didnt and asked me for proof! I have made many phone calls but to no avail. Its not the wine but i just dont like to be ripped. Maybe we should stop using uswitch everyone, if we vote with our feet maybe they will get the message. With so many people being affected by this i was hoping MSE would have taken up the case.
  • Dazack35
    Options
    I have been ripped off by uSwitch, I received no wine after 4 months, When I rang to ask what's going on I got the same reply as most people saying I used the wrong link.

The only answer I can give to anyone with this problem is, stop using USwitch and spread the word.
  • gmang
    gmang Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Well, sorry to all who are without wine. Just wanted to say that my wine arrived yesterday. Totally free case of 12 bottles, with free delivery, after switching gas+elec using uSwitch via the MSE link.

It took 3 months exactly from receiving my first uSwitch confirmation email (15th Sept) to my wine arriving at my door.

Thanks MSE!
  • hiker51
    Options
    gmang wrote: »
    Well, sorry to all who are without wine. Just wanted to say that my wine arrived yesterday. Totally free case of 12 bottles, with free delivery, after switching gas+elec using uSwitch via the MSE link.

It took 3 months exactly from receiving my first uSwitch confirmation email (15th Sept) to my wine arriving at my door.

Thanks MSE!
    I too received my wine safely this week having swopped in early September - no problems encountered at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport