We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Options

Comments

• hubballi
    Options
    4th email to them and still no reply.............:confused::confused::confused:
  • hubballi
    Options
    5th email and still nothing..........:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • hubballi
    hubballi Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    I got many replies in the end. Just a long delay.:beer:
  • SteveFTO
    Options
    Has anyone had any success with this recently? I used uswitch back on the 7th of June to swap to npowers dual tariff, went through the wine link offer and still haven't received anything. I have sent a couple of emails to the address mentioned in this thread with my details but haven't received any response. Was looking forward to the useful addition to the wine stash for Christmas...
  • JAZ63
    JAZ63 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    we switched suppliers through the mse website uswitch link which had the wine offer back in July.
    It all went through fine , and we too recieved a mixed case of wine in October after redeeming the voucher.I phoned Virgin wines directly with the code on the voucher,as I was having trouble with their website.Got the wine two days after speaking to virgin wines !!
    however, a friend of mine whos hubby accidently deleted the wine voucher from his email account !!,did have a bit of trouble getting a reply from uswitch in order to get a replacement sent to them.It has all been sorted now .
  • prixon
    prixon Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am still waiting for a response re the virgin wine offer after switching my dual fuel in July! Yes, did go through a wine offer link. Have emailed uSwitch customer services and also the link in this post but not had any response. I won't be using USwitch ever again :angry:
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine took a while because I could only conduct the business on my son's computer at home. My work one has draconian blocks set up by the IT Gestapo and ALCOHOL (shock horror!!!) is not allowed.

In fact, I accidentally deleted my voucher and they re-issued it within a day or so. It did seem to take a while for my registration to be set up. Again, the helpdesk people were very helpful and got back within the day.

On a related topic, ISTR reading that the wine was variable in quality and that there was a thread about this. However, I've done a search and can't find anything. Anybody any idea?
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Maybeanotherday
    Options
    Got no reply for over a week,
    then all of a sudden out of the blue they emailed me a code.
    Tried to use the code but virgin wines told me they had missed a letter off the code but kindly gave me it anyway.
    Not recieved the wine as of yet BUT they have sent me an email to tell me it's on it's way!
    Plus like others on here the voucher turned from a £50?? to a £60 voucher.
    Card details taken for security purposes BUT nothing taken from it!
    :D
  • SeanM
    SeanM Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I managed to get a response (eventually) from a lady a USwitch. But, she tells me they don't even have a record of my switch!
    The switch has definitely gone through - a while back in fact.

So, any suggestions...?
  • yummymummy888888
    Options
    I switched in July. In August i was told they do not deal with my electricity meter so can only provide me with Gas. I presumed I no longer qualified for the offer and forgot all about it. However, Quidco has just been paid on the USwitch quote so I chanced my arm and emailed USwitch yesterday.

I got a reply with my code and password this morning:j The code was sent to me back in October (I never recieved it. I check junk mail every day) so she has re-sent it. Ordered the Mates Rates mixed case, should be here within the week.

WHOOPEE I love this site:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family