We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Options

Comments

• chirpchirp
    chirpchirp Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bottles arrived today. Did the switch on the 2nd April. Southern Electricity and EDF took a while to get their act together so I reckon any delays are down to them.

I got the code last week. Ordered Friday, received today with one attempted delivery possibly made yesterday.

Very pleased:j
  • lourhys
    lourhys Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    mine has not come yet....AND reckon E-on more expensive than I paid before :-(
  • bigegg_2
    Options
    I have just received my case of wine from Virgin after switching with USwitch, it has come as promised when the account was up and running. I must admit after reading about all the people who did'nt receive what was promised i was ready to put up a fight but can't complain about this freebie.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lourhys wrote: »
    ....AND reckon E-on more expensive than I paid before :-(

Hi lourhys, :hello:

Just a quick thought, check the unit rates on your E.ON welcome letter against a bill from your old supplier. You can then compare the rates. :think:

Remember that the welcome letter prices will show inclusive of VAT and prices on the bill are likely to be before VAT. :cool:

Brian
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • emmajayne1982
    Options
    Booo...been waitinf gor 4 months and nothing!
    The U switch email address has not worked either - emailed it twice and been ignored both times!
  • emmajayne1982
    Options
    Hi - Can anyone help me at all? I have now emailed them 4 times and PM'd the person who started this forum but no reply from anyone :(
  • Domski
    Domski Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - Can anyone help me at all? I have now emailed them 4 times and PM'd the person who started this forum but no reply from anyone :(

I gave up up in the end :mad:

MSE Archna contacted them for me and they just said the same thing.
    Pointless really unless you threaten to remove the link on them.

I followed and used the link from this very site, without any error!
    I have complained to EON about them miss-selling to me.

Why do they not give you a code at the end of the process
    so you know that it has been completed?
    Because they make a lot more money this way! :confused:
  • Angie_Babe
    Options
    Hi There

I used MSE links to uswitch and switched from Scottish Power to Eon last year - getting tesco club card points was a bonus along, along with the free crate of wine - however prices were set to rise, so I capped asap by switching.

I got the Virgin wine voucher by e.mail but was furious that it had a code "winebank" on it - this meant that to be eligible for the free wine, Virgin would expect me to to subscribe an amount of money to the "winebank" each month for future purchases from them. What upset me most is that most people who "watch the cash" can't afford to subscribe to wine banks and why should Virgin have our money in their bank until we decide to buy? - this isn't the spirit of money saving...................

I decided this was a complete waste of time - just a gimmick to get Virgin wine customers - it was supposed to be a bonus, but in the end I wasn't prepared to sign up to the winebank and never got any wine! I was really upset at the time as we had a party planned!

I tackled uswitch and eon about this - but no joy - and that was over 12 months ago!

Good luck to anyone else! You'll need it!
  • blobbyboy1
    Options
    uswitch are lying cheating scum and i for one will never use their "service" again, sue me for slander? go ahead. a**holes, lets get this out so everybody knows what a bunch of cowboys you are!

to say i didn't use their link is ridiculous, and quite frankly a low down rotten trick to try to weasle out of their end of the bargain, i now see loads have had trouble with them, shame i didn't know this before i took up their "offer".

ok, you got away with not giving me what you owe me, but you have lost me as a future customer, and every member of my friends and family and anyone else i can find that will listen! you don't deserve to still trade.
  • blobbyboy1
    Options
    martin, you are my hero, and you have been for a long time, but you really need to sort out uswitch, so many people on here, and other web sites and forums are complaining they are getting out of honouring their "free wine offer" for switching gas and electricity, if anyone can you can, so please go get em tiger!

i have no hope of getting my wine, but i don't see why i should just roll over and accept their lies about not clicking the correct link, it's total rubbish, i am not a newbie computer user, i am a computer engineer with years of experience and i don't just click the worng link! EVER!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport