We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Options

Comments

• ladybabe
    ladybabe Posts: 374 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I switched with them about 6 months ago with the wime offer but heard nothing. i contacted them via the website and got a email within 24 hours with a code to use to get the wine ordered it and 5 days later 12 bottles of wine, well chuffed!!
    :T
  • fruitbreak
    fruitbreak Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Uswitch are saying that I didn't follow the link although I did and the History on my browser demonstrates this. After reading through the fairly non-committal offer terms and conditions I was a bit dubious about following up on Uswitch and thought about going for one of the £30 offers elsewhere - but liked the idea of wine so thought I'd take the plunge. A big mistake it seems as Uswitch aren't honouring their own terms and conditions. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this?
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got my wine ok Last year.......but note you can only do it once for each address.
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Got my wine ok Last year.......but note you can only do it once for each address.
    I don't see anything in the uSwitch terms & conditions that mentions this restriction :confused:
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • theartfullodger
    theartfullodger Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't touch UW with a very long bargepole, and would advise anyone else likewise not to either.

Cheers!

Lodger
  • RoyBham
    Options
    fruitbreak wrote: »
    Uswitch are saying that I didn't follow the link although I did and the History on my browser demonstrates this. After reading through the fairly non-committal offer terms and conditions I was a bit dubious about following up on Uswitch and thought about going for one of the £30 offers elsewhere - but liked the idea of wine so thought I'd take the plunge. A big mistake it seems as Uswitch aren't honouring their own terms and conditions. I was wondering if anyone else had come across this?

Well your lucky at least they answered your email, they claim to answer within 48 hours more like days, I'm preparing a letter to send to Watchdog and suggest other sufferers do the same.:mad:
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :spam: from recessionxxxxxx poster

Usrename and post reporetd
  • Domski
    Domski Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    fruitbreak wrote: »

Exactly the same here, I used the link too but no voucher and they don't care one bit.
    They told me I didn't and that is that!

Awful load of sharks, Stay well clear of them :mad:
  • RoyBham
    Options
    RoyBham wrote: »
    Well your lucky at least they answered your email, they claim to answer within 48 hours more like days, I'm preparing a letter to send to Watchdog and suggest other sufferers do the same.:mad:

Oops! I'm eating humble pie :o as I got an email from uSwitch Wednesday enclosing the voucher details, so fingers crossed the wine should be with me within a week. Apologies to uSwitch for jumping the gun :T
  • RoyBham
    Options
    Wine arrived Friday 3rd July that was super fast, there are only ten bottles left so that's going super fast too! Oh! and very tasty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport