We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Uswitch Gas & Elec wine switching offer: Are you having problems?

Options

Comments

• Gangstabird
    Gangstabird Posts: 1,920 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else actually been charged for it. I have and I don't even have the f**king wine. £65.99 on my credit card adn they promised that this was only to prove I was 18.

Have emailed uswitch & virgin.
  • Tafkat
    Tafkat Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    We finally got ours a couple of weeks ago, though it was almost 5 months after switching. Free crate of wine, free delivery (arrived just 2 days after ordering), didn't have to sign up to a regular order, and it doesn't taste too bad either! A good mix of 6 reds, 5 whites, and 1 rose.

Like I said it did take a bit longer than the original estimate of 3 months. Phoned up twice to be told my name was next on the list of vouchers to be sent out but nothing ever arrived, so I eventually e-mailed customer services at Uswitch and asked them to reply to my e-mail with the voucher - and less than 2 hours later it was sitting there in my in-box!
  • ntvnick
    Options
    I signed up with Uswitch on the 13th April and have yet to receive anything. I have e-mailed Uswitch - with no response. I have now spoken with Uswitch customer services 3 times and they confirm that I am on the list to receive the vouchers, but now it is taking 4 months from sign up to delivery. I am heartened that some have received their vouchers, but I am still waiting. I may be mistaken, but this feels like one of those offers where the company hopes that you will forget about it and go away and only delivers if you make a fuss. I have made a fuss, now waiting for next step.
    cheers, Nick
  • tim_n
    tim_n Posts: 1,607 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tim_n wrote: »
    I signed up today with uswitch (before I realised some people were having problems!)

I've used the MSE link, I'm getting dual fuel and I'll let you know when I get the voucher.

I've taken the v15 E.on deal, so fingers crossed I get todays rates as other packaged (v5?) seem to be going up in price!

Update: 07/08/08 - Got voucher today but it was in the spam queue since 4/8/08 so just under two months (signed up on 09/06/08).

My switch actually happened on the 18th July.

I didn't want the mixed case (I don't drink white) so I added a different case and used the voucher which credited me with 65.99. The case I selected was red only at 69.99 so I ended up paying £9.99 for 12 bottles of red (not bad imho)

I'm happy - better than £15 cash for a duel switch anyway.
    Tim
  • jackk_2
    jackk_2 Posts: 288 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I changed during July, the new supplier took over on August 5th, and we received our wine about a week ago.

Jacie x
  • pkwales
    Options
    Thanks Hughrobby I was just printing the voucher and reading your post, I don't think I'll be sending for that case of wine now
  • dgp1000
    dgp1000 Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    All you need to do is ring Virgin, cancel the regular charge and ask them to refund you. That's what I did and it worked fine. I did not get this 'offer' through uswitch, but an identical one through Amazon I have also had a similar one with Ticketmaster. All for nothing, but you can only use the offer once.
  • hubballi
    Options
    I switched on 11th July and was up and running with N Power on 28th August but I have had no email voucher from U Switch. I get plenty of other spam emails from them though.
  • hubballi
    Options
    I have emailed the U Switch customer services but no reply.
  • hubballi
    Options
    Third email to them and still no reply.............:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business