PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options
12345679»

Comments

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Anniversary to the Lyndsayannes :beer: (whats left of it :D)

Beautiful sunny warm day down under. :p Wish you were all here enjoying it. :D I'm off to town shortly. Got to get a photo of my thyroid. ;) Will pop into the library and there's a thrift shop I want to explore. I'll phone XDIL shortly to see how their night went and if they woke a bit better today.

Sunnyday I think I would go for curtains. But with two rods. One set that I can pull back and the other a nice soft, light material which will give you privacy but not make the room too dark. Make the material for both lots easy wash. Shoot the cat. :D
    Haribo We missed you.
    PenPen What's happening with the chicks? :confused:
    :wave: Zend & others I may have missed. :o
    CharliesMum Hopefully you would have worked 2lbs off in the garden. Loft activity so Granny says is good for weight reduction. ;)

Well I best not linger. <hugs> to those MIA and ill. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• smokybabe
    smokybabe Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

I hope you are all well and hugs to those who could do with one.

I have just finished a 2 hour ironing marathon and am celebrating with a nice cold lager or two.Today the children and I have been baking and we have made a victoria sandwich and also Arkonite's cheeseburger impossible pie, both a huge hit. I did start off a loaf but my dried yeast (bought last Nov.)steadfastly refused to do anything other than a burp or two so that has been ditched and I will try again with a packet that I bought last week tomorrow. I am going to try the no knead bread and some bread rolls with a view to getting back in to a routine because what's in the shops now is way too expensive. We are also going to try some of Twink's hobnobs (when I hunt out the recepie) tomorrow.

My sister called yesterday and mowed the front for me as she said she realised that it would be difficult with the 3 LO's and it needs to be done before Sat. as the great garden makeover is due to be done then. The shed has been sorted and there are some dregs of paint so I will be touching up next week when they are back in school as it is easier to do in daylight.

Today has been an incredibly difficult day for me - why I don't know. I have spent a lot of it fighting off tears and escaping in to the garden on and off for a weep. I just feel so lonely without Eric, the last thing he said to me before they took him back to ICU was 'take care of yourself' and it keeps playing over and over in my head. I suppose it is all normal but it does not make it any better or the pain any less. Anyway got to plod on, there isn't anything else I can do really. The kids need me to be there for them and not coping is not an option.

Tomorrow I need a plumber as the shower is leaking like a sieve and we may mow the back and start bagging up the gravel ready for the move to the front garden on Saturday. I also need to find the camera and get some photos taken so we can do a before and after of both gardens.

Smoky.xx
    If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow.......Chinese proverb
    DFW No 172.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smokey you are doing so well hun:D .My garden and house is a tip at the mo, and there's only me to sort out.I suppose my Dad being ill is taking up time but I feel so lazy compared to you:o :o
    Hugs to you and the kids xxxx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills