PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Done the domestic goddess thing today and cleaned house. Did a bit of of baking and caught up with laundry & ironing. Ooops halo nearly fell off. :D Just come home from my daily walk which I won't be having tomorrow. :rolleyes: XDIL & DGS both got flu today so I stuck my head in for 5 mins before running away. I finally caught up with the lady with the oranges. They were mandarins so I grabbed a few again today and got a few scratches for my reward. :rolleyes:

GR You look very nice. :D
    Charlies Mum :naughty::p
    Benthosboy Wow....you move fast. You do know don't you, that being single doesn't equate to being unhappy, after all happiness is within ourselves. It was only a couple of weeks ago you were in the depths of misery. Give it time or you'll end up pear shaped again.
    MrsMix :wave:

Well I better make a start on tea and do DH's packup. Will pop back later. Have a lovely day. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all - just a quick one seeing as how I went back to bed for a cuppa and a lie-in! It's pouring with rain here - I think it's what we should have had for the last couple of days.

SMOKY (((hugs))) to you and the LOs.

MRS MIX - thinking of you and sending (((Hugs))

PENPIN - I hope you are recovering well. (((Hugs))) to you.

CHURCHMOUSE - :hello: :hello: :hello:

N9EAV - good luck with the chicks

BETH - you mustn't work flat out even though you want to - you should be resting your arms ready for the op!

GINGHAM - you look great in the pic!

Well, today we are visiting DS2 to hang a door (well, DH is doing that - I shall be catching up with wedding plans with DS2's bride-to-be!) and the rest of the day is just going to be for chilling out and maybe doing some knitting. Spaghetti Carbonara for dinner so that's easy; I shall prep for that before we go out.

I won't need to go and water DS1's garden today - the torrential rain will take care of that!

Well, must go and have some brekkie - I'm Starvin' Marvin!

Have a great day - Arkonite Babe - send some of your gorgeous weather down south for us, please!

See you all later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

its cloudy here just now but supposed to be sunny all day, i will have to try out my bm it had a funny smell last time i used it so switched it off, they must all be working on overtime, certainly cheaper than buying bread

prob have to take kyle to dr again, think she has a bladder infection now and she wont be online for a little while as they have a new computer but their old disc wont work with the new one so she needs to send off for one, this one has vista whatever all that means, though she can use mine if she wants

hugs to smoky, penny-pincher and mrsmix
    gingham glad ouhad a lovely night out

Aussie hugs for your sister and dgs

love to all xx
  • Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Very wet and very windy down here but as I love the forces of Nature, I love it :rolleyes: It's a shame for the campers that are packing up today but that's the joy of UK camping. No bad weather, just the wrong clothes. BD1 is less than impresed with it all. I had to drag him outside :eek: to do what he has to do. The Witch was out like a bullet when she saw a puddle to splash in :D

Not sure what's on for today, apart from w**k, as ever :rolleyes: Need to do some washing as I'm low on smalls, cut my hair, and I'm having a bash at fried rice for tea.

dlb: re your DD's nosebleeds, I used to suffer from them horrendously as a kid. My PE teacher at school showed me how to stop them and it still works 30 years on if I get one. Apologies to the squeamish out there :eek: but whichever nostril it's bleeding from, get her to block the other one with a tissue or finger and breath in normally through her nose. The inrush of cooler air should clot the blood within minutes. I still get the ocassional nosebleed for no apparent reason and this method stops it within a couple of minutes.

AussieLass: thanks for the advice but when I think how fragile life is, I'm not missing out on the chance to be happy. And if I thought it would go TU, I wouldn't be doing it.

Thoughts to all who need them and take care.

Man try :D
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,
    the weather is very windy here today and i can`t work out whether or not it`s going to rain sooner or later so i`ve been out and watered the plants and seedlings.
    I`ve just finished tidying the kitchen and blended the soup that i made last night and washed the pressure cooker as it won`t fit in the dw as its too big.
    I`ll empty the dw later to give the pots in there time to dry properly.
    Must walk the houndlets after this cuppa just in case the rain isn`t too far away and then they will sleep for a couple of hours whilst i clean the upstairs.

I`ve lots to do today including some more batch cooking and i need to rearrange the freezer so that eveything will fit in there properly, the floors also need a good wash downstairs so i hope that i can fit all the jobs into one day:D

Bargain Rzl - hope your feeling better soon

((((HUGS)))) to all who need them today.

Catch up later
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Chrisca50
    Chrisca50 Posts: 965 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all

Its horribly dark and wet here in Kent today.

Was supposed to be going to DGD's 4th birthday party today but DIL is in hospital again with problems with her pregnancy so goodness knows what we will do now. I wish it was all over for her, she is in a lot of pain with SPD (the bones move in the pelvis and legs) and she is feeling very low. Son and DGD can go and visit her during the day but any other visitors cant go until this evening so I will just play things by ear and see what happens :(

Didn't have anything else planned for today so I suppose it will be tidying and ironing instead. I have a batch of cakes in the freezer that I made for the party (pink and chocolate fairy cakes) but think I will leave them there and make some for us as we are low.

Have a good day everyone
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

A day off for me today - HURRAH!!, but its tipping down outside, so we will be staying in.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day, wish i had done some washing (BBC forcasted rain all day and i believed them!) but i did manage to get lots of other things done, including dusting all of upstairs, including behind my bed and on top of my wardrobe unit (and boy, did they need it, they were minging!!) I also hoovered all downstairs and got out into the garden and planted out my runnerbeans, i only have a few, but the garden is very small and im pleased with how im doing, they were growing well in the kitchen, so hopefully they will continue now outside.

So, apart from wanting to hoover upstairs today, we are having another lazy day - i will be cooking the roast pork from yesterday for lunch, so that should be nice, and maybe do some baking because i didnt do that yesterday either (it was too nice in the garden for that!!)

Oh, did my weigh in and ive lost another 2lb!!! Thats 8lb in 4 weeks now (can you tell im happy!!) Lets hope i can keep it up.

:hello: mrs mix
    :hello: Taplady
    :hello: Shez

PP - hope you are feeling ok this morning, and not in too much pain xx

Beth - ((HUGS))

celyn - shame you have to work, although might be nice being on your own. Hope you are getting holiday rates!!

dlb - glad you had a good time at the party, the new wardrobe sounds lovely!!

Aussie - hope you dont get the flu!!

Penpen - i cant wait for my potatoes to come through, but will be a couple more months i think!!

Gingham - love the piccy, but i always expect you to look like Judy Garland in the Wizzard of Oz!!!

Essex girl - hope you all have a lovely day out xx

N9eav - looking forward to pics of the chicks!!

AB - hope work goes ok xx

:hello: charlies mum, dogrose and beemuzed (and anyone else ive crossed with!!)

Hope everyone has a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Wet and rainy here, doing the spuds good!

N9 ~~ good idea to re number the eggs for your daughter.

Off to work for about an hour.

Have a good day all
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Quickie from me, as I'm taking the kids to the London Transport Museum at Covent Garden today its indoors - seeing as its raining cats and dogs here:eek:
    Will be interesting to see whats changed since they closed for refurb. Cool bag is packed, just gonna get DH to drop us off at the station.
    Forecast is not looking good for rest of the week, so I doubt we will get to the outdoor theme parks, so more indoor museums I guess! Maybe Madam Tussauds.

Essex-girl - enjoy the Imperial W.M. - its good. I didnt know there was a J.Bond exhibition on!
    catowen/charlies mum - well done on the weight loss! I think you must have given your 2lb to Charlies mum!:rotfl:
    N9eav - any pics??
    chrisca - hugs for your DIL
    Kyle - (hugs) for you x
    Mrsmix - (hugs) hope yr ok?

Have a good day all xx
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all!

(((hugs))) to Betheebee

PP - hope you are feeling a bit better today!

catowen - well done on the weight loss:T you were lucky with the weather yesterday - it rained all day here!

dlb - that wardrobe sounds like a bargain!

GR - sounds like you enjoyed your night out - I thought you looked like your avatar pic of Ma Ingalls!was a suprise to see how young you really are!;)

Mrs_Mix - :hello:

(((hugs))) to anyone in need of one and I hope you all have a good bank holiday!
    day off for me:j got to do some cleaning for a 90 year old lady in a bit then the days my own!:j
    Dry here ATM but the forcast is dire:rolleyes:

See you all later
    Do what you love :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills