PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    not this week i am not :D have run out of porridge oats and dont get paid till thurs, had the last one saturday night, broke it in half so i could have it next day lol

Right with yer on the skint waiting for payday thing. I have oats though, I can share, want some?;)
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • jayward
    jayward Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hello
    hugs to every one who is poorly, stressed or just felling low, waves to all including new posters, nice to see you
    happy holidays to all who are going
    and hope the half term hoidays go well
    went out for a while yesterday walked a little to clear my head,too many things whizzing around my head and decisions to be made but need to be happy with them HOW i dont know:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    chicken for tea
    nothing else much to say today
    x judith
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all :hello:

I've had my BIL and SIl and nephew staying since Friday so I haven't been on here at all. Had a wonderful weekend though and the weather has been scorching. :j BIL is a diver so he went out and caught us scallops for the bbq on Saturday and crabs for last night. I've turned the leftover crab into soup for tonight with crusty bread. We spend 3 days effectively on the beach so the house is full of sand and I've just hung the 5th load of washing out today. :eek:

Hope everyone is well and happy anniversay Lyndseyann. :T You're married 11 days less than me. :D

Haribo x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Afernooun all,

it was raining hard here this morning, but we ventured up the beach with the dog,as soon a we got there, the sun came out and was blazing hot for an hour, and as soon as we got in it went bad again :confused: , anyway managed to get a load of washing done and dry, and am now doing dinner.

Hester, is it nice and quiet :D

Happy birthday to the lydseyanns :T

welcome suzyq, you WILL show your exoh, that you can cope :T you go girl :D

have good evenings all xx
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I don't often post here but just sat down for a break. I've been busy washing, cleaning and more cleaning. Feeling a bit more in control now the build-up of housework was starting to bug me.

Hope everyone is having a good Bank Holiday. It has been very windy here today but dry, the children have been playing out most of the day. DS has just retrieved his football sock from the neighbours garden found when he went in for his football, everything has needed double pegging today.

Have a good evening.
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • grannybroon
    grannybroon Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right then, had the day from h**l at work. How did 4 iPods disappear? Well, one of our IT folk thought they would just 'borrow' them. I am responsible and it took me 3 hours to track them down. Also my back is really aching from all the weekend gardening and I now have to go out and water the garden. Please you folk down south send us up some overnight rain!! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest!

Benthe - so sorry to hear about your house and the loss of your friend. N9 - you did the right thing about the egg! What they don't know won't harm them!!!!!!!!! Hope you get insurance etc sorted out. GRibbon - Wow! DLB - hello - how is Crazychick? Send her my love.

Martyn - glad you are OK but don't be caught on the rebound. Love to Smokey and family, Jackie O, Kyle (please take care of yourself), and Twink who is such a caring Mum and Gran. I want to mention so many more folk tonight but the hose calls for the pots!!!!!!!!! And I have to go out at 8.00 pm for a Gala Committee meeting.

Love GB xxxxxxxxxx
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Evening everybody :hello:

Still not quite over the bug I've had for the last couple of days :rolleyes: but not too bad. Thanks to the weather I've not felt like going out anyway. Am sitting here watching TV with the washing machine on, and have effectively spent the day doing absolutely nothing (which was the general idea in the first place! :D) I've been eating HM "ready meals" out of the freezer, so haven't needed to cook at all, though have been idly browsing deals on various supermarket websites to see if there's anything worth stocking up on.

Just got mega cheered up on account of getting contacted on Facebook by a schoolfriend I lost touch with seven years ago. I'd never have found her, as she's now married and I didn't know her new name. Very cute baby son too :j :j

Happy anniversary to the lynseyanns, hello :hello: to the new posters, and ((((hugs)))) to all who need them.

Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi again peeps:j :j :j
    Had a great day at a car boot, even got some free vids and toy food for my little niece:D :D
    Then went shopping in Southport with my friend, and had lunch and a good natter:D :D I needed it, to let off steam.:o :o
    The weather was nice but very very windy:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Have great evenings everyone:D :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all. Still not had time to catch up with thread as It's bank holiday and I've had to w*rk as usual!!! so I'm well ready to put my feet up-after I've cooked tea of course!!!
    (((((hugs)))))) smoky, pen-pin and everyone else who needs or wants one.
    Enjoy your evening!!
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, well what another day, finished at 5.30, felt I had to wipe my feet before I left the house to go outside. DH and I didn't check the shed or garage on Saturday, :eek: They are full of stuff, black bin bags full, cardboard boxes, polysterene, wood and loads of other carp. I think we had so much to take in seeing the state of the place we didn't think of checking them.

I managed to decorate 2 bedrooms, 1 coat on ceiling, 2 coats on walls, satinwood skirtings, door frames and 4 windows. DH was so busy to ..ing and fro...ing to the dump with the carpets and furniture that was so kindly left in the garden, shed and garage.

Got home and jumped in the shower asap as I felt I was crawling. Put dinner out, have made lunch for DH tomorrow, taken a chilli out of freezer for tommorow and checked on 2 houses we are looking after for friends who are on hols (lucky them)

Must phone DD's x 2 as they have both left a message and are wondering where we are. Haven't told them about the house, they didn't know our late friend so 1 less bad news to pass on.

I'd like to thank all of you who have posted so many kind messages, it means so much to know that my posts (traumas, pun intended) have been acknowledged.

Tiredmum, you are telling me to take it easy with a name like yours :rotfl: bless you.x

Lyndseanne, Happy anniversary.

Jannieanne, That must have been terrible for you as well, Dear God 35yrs old, our DD1 is now 39.

SuziQ, A big welcome to the best thread ever, enjoy the fun, sadness, recipes, banter, hurt, joy, praise, rants, grief, happiness, celebrations and much much more. p.s. That Q doesn't stand for Quatro by any chance? ;)

Smoky, Mrs Mix, PenPin, JackieO (still wondering where you are)

trillions of hugs. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family