PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• studentgirl_2
    studentgirl_2 Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

well is very wet and windy here in berkshire as it was yesterday.
    A family game of monopoly was started yesterday but after 6 hours we decided to call it a day and continue tommorow. ( im winning, i cant rember the last time i won a game)

So got that to play and house work as usual, i am feeling board today though I hate having to stay in with the kids and there really is no were to go that will not cost the earth.

Fed up becase iv got to go back to work tomorrow and i dont want to, now iv thrown all of my toys out of my pram have a nice day everyone.

Hugs to all who need or want.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all:hello:
    I'm off out with my friend shopping today, minus kids and moaning men:j :j :j We were gonna go to a massive car boot near us, but the weather is very windy and looks like rain:(
    Anyway HUGGLES to all who need them esp BEETHEBEE, SMOKEY, MRS MIX xxx:D :D
    GINGHAM my DD could read and write, well before she went to school, as I taught her at home, but the only down side was she was bored for the first two years of school, as they didn't stretch her further:o :o PS nice outfit too;) :D
    Have great days everyone, speak later xxx:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

very wet and windy here, no washing today then, OH, DD and little dog still in bed, so will leave them, normally we are up at 6.15, so it will do then good to lay in.
    We are having ribs for dinner, which we should have had yesterday, so thats nice and easy.

Think I might have an easy day, might nip to MR T to get another couple of the hostas, and pot them on.

N9eav, I think you did the right thing with the egg. What happened to the original NO 9 ?

Pen Pin, hope the pain had eased a bit xx

Smoky, hugs to you xx

Candy, hope your dad is ok xx

Mrs Mix hugs to you xx

Chrisca50 hope your DIL is ok xx

Have good days all, off to have strangled eggs :D
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Wet and windy here - blugh - Came down to find the conservatory roof has leaked (just the direction of the rain it seems) so we spent a merry half hour getting everything out and clearing up the puddles......always nice when you're still bleary eyed.

N9eav - Congrats on the chicks and what a lovely thing to do for your DD. If you want any advice regarding your wall/insurance then pop over to the Insurance board - my DH (Oscar the grouch) often posts over there and will be able to help.

Shez - Have a lovely time

Gingham - Lovely Pic - glad you enjoyed your evening out.

Catowen - Enjoy your day off!

Hugs to the rest of you.

Nothing planned for today - got loads done yesterday and DH played with the power washer and got the parrots cage up like new. We bottomed out the living room and even cleaned the window and hoovered the curtains and wiped the skirting boards down. Got a huge pile of ironing to do later and need to make a curry for dinner tonight. Last nights turkey burgers were fab, very tasty.

Hope you all have a great day.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

It is tipping it down here. Have had to put TD on to dry work uniforms and a pile of towels. First time for ages.

BETHEEBEE sorry to hear about your friend. I had a very dear friend who died at the age of 35 in a similar way. Hugs to you and don't work too hard.

PENPIN hope you feel a bit better today, hugs to you.

Hugs to anyone else who wants one.

Had a really good night out with the girls at our local 80's night. Feel much less sorry for myself today. managed to find something that fitted me and looked half decent and had a good dance which is always good for you. Decided that I didn't want to drink a load of cheap red wine so I had three glasses of some really decent stuff and feel fine today. :D .

Have no idea what to do today that doesn't cost a fortune. At least the allotment is getting a good soaking. DS is playing on his gameboy and singing along to the theme tune of Horrid Henry. He really is such a boys boy. I think it's great:D .

Off to check that my mini greenhouse hasn't blown away. Dinner is tacos with chicken and rice, plus salad.

Have a good day all.

Jan :A xxxxx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Wet and windy here too. I have 3 loads of washing to dry :rolleyes:

I WILL NOT PUT THE DRYER ON

:D

Mr tru was paying £20 for a rugby ticket. He's just got a job as a steward at Kingsholm, which after tax pays £15 per match. So now, each time he goes, we're actually £35 up :T :D He worked yesterday but still got me to record it 'to see if I can see me on tele' :rolleyes:

I wonder how long it'll be before he starts saying 'I have 2 jobs, why don't you get another one?' Completely forgetting that he only wanted the 2nd job so he can watch matches for free - the £15 is just an excellent bonus :rolleyes:
    Bulletproof
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: Hi everyone

Pouring rain hereand Mr Chalky and I are off to North Devon to meet the "outlaws"" our first meeting so I hope all goes well.

Skimmed thread but congratulations to all those celebrating and gentle thoughts to all those feeling sad, lonely or just really fed up.

Penpen -- hope today finds you in less pain.

Smokey== Thinking of you and the little ones. Each day must be such an effort. I think grief is really tiring

neav- I love reading about the chookies. We had chickens for a long time and some eggs hatched and we were thrileed. Sadly they got a paralysing disease at 12 weeks and died. Can't remember what it was called now but we were so upset we sent 1 away to the veterinary centre at Starcross for analysis and they said they should have been inoculated at 1 day old. Do yours get doen or were we just unlucky?

Aussie-Hope things are better with your family

Right must get out of my P.J's and pack. Will be away until Wednesday so keep safe and well everyone
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • gin
    gin Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    morning all. girls are playing hungry hippos LOUDLY here, i can barely hear myself think, but at least they aren't fighting.

terrible weather here. yuk. mr gin leaves for a week working away this afternoon so i have to get his workshirts all folded and ready.

hugs to betheebee - that's awful news. also n9eav - you're a softie at heart aren't you? hope the pain is less today penpin, and gingham - you look so young!!! i'm very jealous!

today we have nothing planned really. i have to drop mr gin off in town for his appointment with the constabulary after his little 'to do' on a saturday night a month or so ago. i feel sick with worry, but i bet he feels 100 times worse.

hope everyone has a good day.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone, don't mind if I crash in here do you?:confused:

I have the week off work and I'm spending as much of it as I can old styling. Also catching up with the trillion jobs that I never get round to doing.:rolleyes:

Weather is windy but dry in East Yorkshire.

I am strangely content with myself which is a nice feeling. I think its because I'm not rushing about like the proverbial blue bottomed fly.:D

So I'm about to put the breadmaker on.

I have pea and ham soup in the slow cooker, filled with allsorts of leftovers too so less wastage.;)

Also got a red pepper and lentil soup 'cept I've ran out of red lentils so will have to pop out later to get some more.:rolleyes:

I've hung out a bit of washing, managing to get through the wash mountain slowly but surely.

Managed to get hold of a copy of Bernadine Lawrence's Book, 'how to feed your family for £5 a day'. I'm going to make her cake recipe later on.

May weed the front garden, my annual attempt at anything 'garden'.

Thats it for now I think, hope you are all having a productive and relaxing day so far.

Triker xx
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all well

smoky-((hugs))) xxx

mrs_mix-(((hugs)))

candy-(((hugs))) to you and your dad xx

penpin-(((hugs)))

(((hugs)) to anyone else who may need one xx

Its my wedding anniversary today :j :j :j :j 8 years,it seems only yesterday :D weve been together for 14 years-childhood sweethearts:o .So apart from getting ready for our camping trip tommorrw,we are going out for an anniversary lunch -with the kids :D

Well,i best be off.Not sure if ill post now before i go away,so look after yourselves,take care,see you soon xxxx
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family