PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• jannyannie
    jannyannie Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again

DS is now really bored at being in all day. Oh well it will do him good. Have written out the invites to his birthday party, managed to design them and print them from the internet. Have made some mini choc chip muffins. Will freeze some in a minute.

Ds wants a chocolate fudgecake for his birthday so have downloaded some recipies and bought him some Game Boy advance games on Amazon.

Welcome SUZIQ

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LYNDSEYANN

HESTER enjoy the peace!

Off to warm up my feet in bed as OH has just woken up and he's the best hot water bottle I know! oooherrr missus!

Jan :A xxxx
  • dorry_2
    dorry_2 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:

welcome susiq :wave:

penpin---hugs

gr--love your photo :D
    happy aniversary Mr and Mrs. Lynseyann! :beer:

scuzz--good luck with job searching, hope u find something soon:D

hester---:T glad she's gone!

It is really, really windy here in Teesside, but very sunny. I have had to run out this morning and rescue our parasol, it took flight its that's windy!

we are going out tonight for tea/supper, our best friends phoned us yesterday, they live above a fab pub, where the food is delicious. We are meeting up at 6 and all the kids are coming. I am really looking forward to it, as it is always lovely to see them and even more great, they have offered to pay!!!:T :T :money: I am off all week, so it will be nice to just relax this evening and have a catch up! :D:D:D

breakie: nigella's pancakes
    lunch: hm chicken noodle soup

love dorry xxx
    'If you judge people, you have no time to love them'
    Mother Teresa :D
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

I'm sending sunshine to those of you who've had rain all day. Usually it's Norn Iron that has the carp weather so it's a nice change to be out and about with a t shirt all day ;)

Work went well and hopefully that's me fixed for good, keep your fingers crossed!

Tea tonight will be a mince concoction of some sort :confused:

DH is out cutting the grass and I'm off in a mo to collect small sprog fgrom school then deliver her to the after school club she has on a Monday.

Hester - HOORAY!!!!!! :j:j:j

Happy Aniversary to Lyndseyann.

Brain has gone blank now :o so hugs to all who want one.

Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday, catch you all later.

ab
    x
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Having a quick surf whilst waiting for the sausages to cook - bit of a late lunch here today! New freezer looking lovely and even better only half full, so will be enjoying myself making lots of stuff to freeze in it!

Not done much today other than get some stuff for the freezer, ds was most amused that I had to stop at every shop(or in his terms e-v-e-r-y shop, accompanied by much sighing and shaking of his head!), well as I pointed out some are cheaper for some things and some for others, and as we had to drive past them all anyway it didn't matter! Anyway if there is ever a nuclear winter I have enough to feed everyone on here as well as my family!

Put the BM on and ds and dd2 did wm this morning - mainly cos some clothes had been forgotten on the line and had blown off and needed washing again! Really gusting down here, loads of branches have been torn from trees.

Planning a nice afternoon making traybakes and twink's hobnobs to freeze - well some of them might get frozen!

Have a lovely bank hol all xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well I've just frozen myself standing outside waiting for Hull City to ride by in their open top bus.

Gave them a wave and a cheer and I don't even support them.:confused::D

Great news for the city. Really, really chuffed.

Commiserations to Bristol fans.

Now where was I, ah yes, going to make some of Twinks Hobnob's....the kids may get one ....or half of one, depends how many I can cram in my mouth before they notice.;):D

Need to get some spuds and lentils and then I may chill out for the rest of the day.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Craftyscholar
    Craftyscholar Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    Options
    SHE'S GONE, SHE'S GONE!!!!!!!
    I'm delirious with joy, BIL has moved in to her room & peace reigns.
    :T:T:T:T:T
    Everybody start wishing for a quiet 'normal' lodger for HH
    (are you sure she has taken everything??)
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs lydseyann!!!!

Penny-Pincher!! - good to see you "around"!

Hester - :beer: :beer: :j :j :j

DH and I returned from a weekend camping on the north Norfolk coast late this morning. We thought that we were going to be blown away last night. :rolleyes: Despite the weather, we had a lovely time and went to places that I used to go to with my parents when I was a child. Nice to go down memory lane. We managed to go to the cinema yesterday afternoon and saw the latest Indiana Jones movie. One woman on the way out complained (in all seriousness!) that it "wasn't entirely believeable". :confused: Surely that's the point? :confused: :rotfl:

The first load of washing has come out of the machine and the sleeping bags are airing over the back of doors.

In the meantime, I am attempting to muster up some strength to check out a new meal plan with some new recipes to vary our diet a little more. We're having spag bol tonight, which is currently defrosting in the kitchen. Lunch today was "Tiger" soup (ie tomato soup, made to a recipe given to me by my mum. Thankfully, it turned out quite well and quite faithful to the one that my mum makes :D).

I'll love you and leave you all for now.

Vicky x
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    sunshine here now but a cold wind when it goes behind a cloud, have hoovered, weeded the garden and walked the boys home from school, did kyles dishes and had a walk round the village

fish, hm coleslaw and baked potato with stewed rhubarb and evap milk to follow for dinner

congratulations on your anniversary to the lyndseyanns
    welcome suzyq and others i might have missed

hester glad katy is gone, the house will be all yours again
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    sunshine here now but a cold wind when it goes behind a cloud, have hoovered, weeded the garden and walked the boys home from school, did kyles dishes and had a walk round the village

fish, hm coleslaw and baked potato with stewed rhubarb and evap milk to follow for dinner

congratulations on your anniversary to the lyndseyanns
    welcome suzyq and others i might have missed

hester glad katy is gone, the house will be all yours again

I'm shocked, don't you eat your hobnobs all day, every day?:D:p:D
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    Triker wrote: »
    I'm shocked, don't you eat your hobnobs all day, every day?:D:p:D

not this week i am not :D have run out of porridge oats and dont get paid till thurs, had the last one saturday night, broke it in half so i could have it next day lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport