PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for 26th May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Morning all :hello:

Just a quick one from me, I'm back to work today again, attempt number 2 :rolleyes:
Gorgeous weather here this morning, have washing to stickout so will go do that now. Hope everyone has a good day, ((((hugs)))) to those who need them.

Will nip on later when I get finished work.

Have a lovely day

ab x

Comments

• N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    YO.

I have been up since 5.30 checking on my hatching eggs. 8 out so far with 2 to go. 3 never made it. Trials of life I guess, survival of the fittest and all that.
    The kids thought it was excellent and seemed to amuse them far more than the telly.
    Now the dilema is that my daughter's egg no 9 has not hatched yet. It's still alive and has a strong heartbeat, but
    a) Do you wait and hope it hatches?
    b) Change the numbers on the shell, so that her egg hatched last night?

I know she would be very upset if her's never hatched as she is very soft like that. So........ I switched eggs and left a remarked no 9 shell in the incubator. Right or wrong. It seemed best.

Anyway on to other things. Very wet. Work later for overtime. Wall and garden still a mess (why do these things always happen on a BH weekend)
    Thanks for the concwern and advice on that incident. The MIB might be a way forward, but I will contact my home insurance company and let them fight the claim against the driver or MIB etc. It's what I pay for I guess. They were great last time (yes there was a last time). But the company which owned the van paid for every thing and gave me £500 for plants. Not so lucky this time me thinks?

N9eav - even if he was insured, it may become invalid anyway as he was over ther limit.:eek:

By drink driving you do invalidate your own insurance and the company will not pay for your claim, but they are bound by the third party agreement to pay others who are affected by what the driver caused.

In my case the car is insured, but the the owner lent the car to a friend who then lent it to another friend.... Who knows where that stands? But I am not in the least bit hopefull! Lots of people goign to court for cause and permit etc, but does not help me.
    Cheers folks
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, after a bad nights sleep I got up at 5 and have wm on, can't use bm as it's broken, and done a packed lunch for DH, I don't do lunch, as we will be working flat out at the house my Dear (not) sister trashed.

I have arranged for a friend to come and quote for painting the exterior doors and windows because I just wont have time to do it. DH hates painting and quite frankly it shows, as it's my profession I suppose I'm a wee bit critical.

Still can't belive our friend has gone, thank you all for your kind posts.

DONNY GAL, Thank you for the pm, it has helped, bless yah.

((((((hugs))))) to all in need and I hope you enjoy BH Monday.
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning Arkonite Babe, Neav9, Betheebee and all who follow.
    Damp and very windy again here today - as was yesterday! Gather the better weather is further north this time.
    AB, hope work goes OK!
    Neav9 - I'm sure you've done the right thing with the eggs - definitely better than DD perhaps being upset. Hope all goes well (and not too drawn-out) with the insurance claims, etc.
    Betheebee - sorry you're having such a dreadful time - hope all goes well for you this week.
    I need to get on and get the dogs walked before breakfast, then make sure the downstairs at least looks good as we have a neighbour coming by daily to feed the cat. I finally finished my sewing last night, so that's another tick on the list! Packing pretty well sorted too, so we should be ready to leave straight after lunch. Hopefully I'll pop by for a look on here later.
    ((HUGS)) to all who'd like one today.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

(((hugs))) if you need one.

N9eav - I was hit by an uninsured car once, was paid out and didnt lose my no claims the MIB was involved. Hope it sorts out for you. My Dad had a similar thing last year but they destroyed a hedge that had taken years to grow.

We have terrible weather her today, very windy and wet. Luckily we decided yesterday that we are going to the Imperial War Museum London. I have wanted to go for ages and have persuaded the kids as there is a James Bond Exhibition.

So that is today taken care of, wont be too much os but I do need to skim the fat off of the chicken stock I made yesterday and get that frozen.

Should have really known that the weather would be bad this weekend as its the Southend Airshow just done the road.

Gonna have a surf, finish my tea and jump in the shower.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.
    x
  • Dumyat
    Dumyat Posts: 2,143 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    not bank holiday here, but I have a day off anyway. hoping to get loads done. DS has driving lesson then I am taking him in to town to get kitted out in a kilt for his school prom. might see if I can drag him in to a barbers ;)
    washing basket is empty and the ironing pile is as tall as the couch, but I plan to ignore that when the weather is so nice. want to get some perennials to fill some spaces in my border.

tonight we are having meatballs in tomato sauce.
    hope everyone has a lovely day.
    x x x
  • Gingham_Ribbon
    Gingham_Ribbon Posts: 31,520 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone.

N9eav, that was a nice thing to do for your daughter. It's just a number on a shell, hardly a big lie!

I'm homeschooling my 4 year old until he starts primary in September so I'm very busy now. It's been great fun and he's coming on in leaps and bounds after losing some confidence at preschool.

I've stopped using the supermarket and am using local shops to cut down on petrol. I haven't seen bread flour yet though so may have to go to Morrisons to stock up.

Had my first night away from the boys on Saturday. Here's me in my gladrags. They had a great time with granny.

x
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Cloudy but dry today, but not complaning as it looks much better than in the South

N9eav, what a lovely Dad you are :A

Betheebee, ((( hugs ))) to you and the poor mans family

Not sure what to do today, fancy going to Cheshire Oakes, but suppose it will be heaving, so may have to rethink. Whatever we do, I must try not to eat the wrong things as I think I have put back on the 2 1/2 lbs I lost last week :eek:

Hope everyone has a good day x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning! Had a lovely day yesterday. Long walk on the wolds.We bumped into an old friend and his family who we haven't seen for about a year (unbeknown to us his MIL lives in the village where we parked our car :rolleyes: ) so had a long chat with them. We came home to guinea fowl in HG cherry and damson sauce, freshly dug new potatoes (from the polytunnel) and HG veg from the freezer. We then had HG rhubarb crumble.

Did have a bit of a disaster - I'd left the BM on timer to finish about an hour after we got in. Cam e home to a strange smell - the BM hadn't mixed at all and I had warm ingredients in the pan :eek: The paddle spindle seems to have siezed, but I was able to fetch out the mix and cook it in the oven :T No HM bread for a while, until I source a new pan :o

No rain here yet, though the garden does need it. I think we'll go out first thing, then I'll come in with my needlework once the rain starts.

N9eav - congratulations - any pics :confused:

Gingham - great pic - glad you had a good time - how were the boys (and granny ;) )

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    Hope we are all ok? Huge hugs to everyone.
    Not been getting on here as often as i would like. I have been busy ebaying and having a flipping good clear out, started decorating the 2 youngest boys bedroom, had a walk in cupboard ripped out and replastered the walls, so we can now fit a wardrobe in the space, which is coming today, bought it off a friends sister for £20 a beautiful pine and frosted glass one.
    Just need to save up for a new carpet for them now then i can get creative with the trimmings!!

My mother in laws 60th bbq went well on saturday and there were no family arguments thankfully, although MIL phoned up later to moan about what some people bought her!! Un-gratefull so and so!!!!!

Today plan to get the ironing done since ds1 and ds3 returned from Malta with there grandparents i cant seem to get back ontop of it, have about 8 more items to list on ebay and continue with the clear out. Dh is not back at work until tue so may go for a long walk tommorow rain or shine. My sister is coming on wed (we are talking again finally!!) so that only leaves me with 2 days alone with the kids to keep them busy but ds1 has lots of projects to finish so need to help him get them finished as hes quite behind due to the 2 weeks away!!

Right off to make a start, only me and dd up at the minute , we have been since 6am as she keeps having major nosebleeds every morning!!!

Have a great bank hoilday everyone
    Donna
    xxx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :wave: a wet and windy day in Oxfordshire this morning. I'm the only one in work today (which suprises me as my boss is very clear that we don't work in a bank :rolleyes: )

We had a quiet weekend, I resisited the urge to come to work so we spent Saturday not doing anything and sunday planting up the window boxes.

Pen-pen - thanks ever so much for the fork biscuit recipe - they worked really well with the limes and have the added bonus of being egg free so OH can take some to work (he has a collegue who doesn't eat eggs). I made some ginger snaps as well as I'm trying to use up the random ingredients in the cupboard, so cookies everywhere this morning.

have a good day all, cel x
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure