PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Evening All

Hester :j :j :j

Hello Newbies

Had a good time at the War Museum - Shez the Bond Exhibition is more about Ian Flemming but is very interesting, cost us £19 on a family ticket to get in.

OH & I left the kids looking around other exhibits while we went into the Holacost (sp) exhibition which was very harrowing. Its was very busy - but there was no noise - noone could speak.

On the way home we passed the queues on the motorway for Lakeside - they must be mad. Mind you the weather has been terrible, hasnt stopped raining at all and sometimes is torrential the wind is very strong too.

Had pizza at a local restaurant and now just chillin in front of the telly.

x
  • Zend
    Zend Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, new to this thread. Too wet and windy to work in the garden today so got out my sewing machine which I have not used in years. I made some hammocks for my pet rats with calico I found stuffed in a bag in my spare room. Ready made hammocks can cost up to £16 so was well pleased with those I made, especially as my two rats love to chew any material in sight!
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi to SuziQ :hello:

Hester

So glad you have some peace and quiet at last!

Hugs to smokey,pennypincher,jayward,mrs mix and anyone else who could do with one.

Have spent today making onion bhajis, salad,cucumber raita, kofta kebabs,lentil daal and Bombay potatoes.

Also made Twinks hobnobs and DD has made a chocolate cheesecake.

Martyn

My "rebound" has lasted 26 years and four DDs so far - so the best of luck.

Going to have a hot drink now and see you later.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    Hi to SuziQ :hello:

Hester

So glad you have some peace and quiet at last!

Hugs to smokey,pennypincher,jayward,mrs mix and anyone else who could do with one.

Have spent today making onion bhajis, salad,cucumber raita, kofta kebabs,lentil daal and Bombay potatoes.

Also made Twinks hobnobs and DD has made a chocolate cheesecake.

Martyn

Going to have a hot drink now and see you later.

Can I come to yours for tea please, thats what I want to eat.:D

Got lentil and red pepper soup.:o
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome Zend :hello:

Essex-Girl - your trip to the IWM reminded me that that's what I planned to do on this bank holiday LAST year... the weather was even worse than today, and I had my mother to entertain. We met up on the South Bank and were walking in the direction of the IWM but got waylaid by the Garden Museum (or whatever it's called) at Lambeth Palace, and stayed there for the afternoon instead. We went to the IWM a few weeks later, I really wanted to see the Holocaust exhibition and the other genocide one, but Mum was quite adamant she didn't want to, so I will have to go back on my own and have a look I think. Mum likes looking at WW1 fighter planes - a great-great uncle (I think) of hers was a WW1 pilot who was shot down.

I have NO excuse not to go back and look at the stuff I want to see. It's 20 minutes from my house on the bus :o But then I've never seen a play at the Globe, either, and that's a 5 minute walk from my office. MUST do something about that.
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all!

Its been ages since I posted what with the PC rebooting every 30 seconds (software glitch) and having a job after a decade there don't seem to be enough hours in the day do do everything that needs doing let alone those things I want to do.

I spent most of today running errands for other people and chauffeuring my OH to the airport. In between we squeezed in a hike around the country park and I managed to count box 1 of the Sainsburys Active kids vouchers collected at school. Just over 10,000 so far. 2 more boxes to go although I'm suffering from aching wrists. Spent a happy hour in the garden with the DDs. We planted the fruit bushes we bought 2 years ago and filled the green wheelie bin with compostables. The garden still looks like a building site but its better than it was.

Off to do some paperwork before bed.

Good night all
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Benthosboy
    Benthosboy Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    elona wrote: »

Martyn

Amen to that.

Incidentally, the dear girl has some very good friends in Tadcaster that have to "vet" me before much longer :eek: so next time I'm allowed up north, is a pot of tea and a hobnob in order?? :D
    LBM: 12.2.08.
    Debt-free as of July '09 :j and determined not to go there, ever again :mad:
    DFW Nerd Club #902 Proud to have dealt with my debts.
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Bargain- we didnt get time to see the Crimes against Humanity Exhibition and it wouldnt have been fair on the kids, they recomend 14 as the minimum age. I was going to take them into the Holocaust one as I thought it was important they know more about it but I am glad I didnt, there were some graphic films and images - I have seen similar ones on documentarys before but this seemed much more upsetting.

Oh and myself have decided that we will go back soon just the two of us.

Kids loved walking around the childrens war section and the 1940's house - they are always amazed when they see a weeks rations. Also loved the shop especialy the section with the kitchen stuff and old cook books.
  • Chrisca50
    Chrisca50 Posts: 975 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

Well DIL was let out of hospital again. She looks awful and is in a lot of pain but I think they want to keep the baby in there for as long as is safely possible. Thanks for all your good wishes.

We ended up at her mum and dad's for DGD's birthday party. I got a penyata to take and that went down really well, was a good laugh, with the little uns beating the life out of it but getting nowhere. It got broken in the end and we all got a prize lol. My DGD is absolutely besotted with the film Wizard of Oz and DS and DIL got her the Dorothy outfit for her birthday. They put Somewhere over the Rainbow on the CD player and she was singing along, I had to hold back the tears, was sooooooooo sweet.

Bank Holiday is over so weather is bound to improve down south now :rolleyes:

See you all tomorrow - byeeeeeeeeee
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well it's exactly 2 years to the day since I met my OH, and what have we done today??? worked!!!!!! He's now sat in lounge watching something-educational no doubt, whilst i am on comp winding down!!!
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate