PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily thread Monday 26th May

Options

Comments

• Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone
    I`m having a pause in my mammoth housew**k fest for a nice cuppa and also to give my poor wrist a rest the left one is decidedly dodgy at the moment.
    The wind outside is getting really scary! i left the back door open for a while whilst i cleaned upstairs so that the dogs could wander in and out and i really wish that i hadn`t as the kitchen is dusty now as allsorts have blown in.
    Looks like i`ve a bit more cleaning to do in there now:rolleyes:

Can i ask what does everyone have up in their lounge at the windows?
    I have two windows one at each end of the lounge and one is straight and is in a recess, the other is a bay, i have vertical blinds up at the moment and i do like the privacy that they give as it stops passers by looking straight through the house. They are a bit worn now as i`ve had them some years and they were also up in our previous house, i was thinking of either getting new ones or going for something completely different and i can`t make up my mind or think of anything that will keep everything as private as it is now.
    They`re also good when we are out as we can leave them semi closed and it dosen`t matter if it goes dark and they arn`t closed IYKWIM. The one thing that drives me round the twist about them is that my little black cat likes to sit in the windows and as she is moulting they are an absolute b***er to keep clean.:mad:
    My sis has lovely roman blinds but they would not be practical for us, any ideas?

Happy Anniversary Lyndsayann :bdaycake:

Hester - you`ll think that you have gone deaf for the first few days until you get used to the peace and quiet, enjoy it, you certainly deserve it! oh it was me who asked about the dog, labs are lovely. We walk with one sometimes and shes a lovely natured thing.
    Have a good afternoon peeps
    SD

Edit Hi SuziQ:wave:
    Kazwookie - if you`ve nothing much to do my housework can be all yours:D
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Hi SuziQ:wave:
    We are a friendly bunch here (although there are some odduns who fondle breadmakers)
    Hope you dont have to wait too long for the new job to come along
    Kyle hope you feel better soon
    Hester :j
  • Evilspartacus
    Options
    *takes a break from fondling the breadmaker*

Afternoon all :hello:
    Grow your own you know it makes sense.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HI SuziQ

Welcome to OS, they are a lovely bunch on here, but watch out for that Aussie :p

Well, didn't go shopping, went to the allotment instead :A just stopped for lunch, so going back again in a while to plant my peas, beans etc.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sunnydays

Where to you live? and I might be round to watch :D:D :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Spent most of the morning looking for a hotel for our summer hol and I think we've gone back to the one we were looking at last night! Paid for by our £1 pot :) Plus Pigsback vouchers towards one or two meals, so we're getting there. We'll be going to Poole and having a nosey around there, so if anyone knows of any good places to visit, or good, cheap food places, please let me know via a pm! We'll obv be going to Monkey World and Bournemouth, and doing the New Forest tour in the tour bus :) Cannot wait as this'll be our first proper holiday since I got ill.

Un sou est un sou
  • dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon all.

I've just got home from work (started at 7 this morning!), and now have a list of jobs to do at my house which is about to be rented out. NOT looking forward to it at all, but it must be done.

It's lashing it down with rain here and freezing cold! AND Holland didn't even get near the Eurovision finals, which were pretty rubbish anyway. Bah.

Apart from that I'm having a great day. I'm sending hugs and good thoughts to all who need them.

I hope you all have a very nice Monday, what's left of it.

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Nowt wrong with fondling breadmakers, furtling with slow cookers or messing with mixers.:p;):D
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    welcome to suziQ :hello:

Hester - enjoy the peace and quiet!

Lyndseyanne - Happy Anniversary!:kisses3:
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    sunnydays

Where to you live? and I might be round to watch :D:D :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lol watch indeed, i have a spare microfibre cloth that you are welcome to use:D

I live in the City that you drove to at the weekend, do you have far to travel?:D

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now though, i`ve just redone the kitchen and then i need to sort the hall and living room out:eek:
    I`m not looking forward to it, when thats done i need to mop all the floors and do the ironing:eek: i didn`t used to iron but i`m trying sooo hard to be good:D
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family