Anyone Into Cross Stitching?

Options

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

Not dumb at all..it means you use 2 strands of thread... and instead of going from hole to hole like you would on 14count aida you bring your needle through the hole as normal..then miss one hole and go down the next one .. if that doesn't make sense i can post you a picture to explain it better :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    i think i got it - hopefully it will come with instructions though hehehe
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    mommyme wrote: »
    i think i got it - hopefully it will come with instructions though hehehe

What to do put me off of working with evenweave for years, then I tried it and love it now. The kit will explain what to do and when you see the fabric and the positioning of the holes it will all become clear! :D
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    What to do put me off of working with evenweave for years, then I tried it and love it now. The kit will explain what to do and when you see the fabric and the positioning of the holes it will all become clear! :D

i dont know the difference with the fabric so shhh you'll scare me lol we'll im ordering the cross stitch so hopefully i'll have it done by 8th sept lol if not she can have it when shes 2 lol
  • rainmac
    Options
    Hello, I bid on a beautiful kit on ebay, won it and it arrived this morning. To my absolute horror it has seed beads all over the place :eek: In the past I have stitched the odd bead in place of a french knot and incororated cute buttons and charms but that's it. I am looking at a couple of hundred seed beads and thinking :eek: . Has anyone stitched anything with lots of beads, was it easy/worth it?

This is the kit - only a couple of quid so complete bargain - but only a bargain if I stitch it and don't leave it in the drawer cos I'm scared of all the beads! :rotfl:

th_IMGP2063.jpg

Please help me overcome my bead fear! :D
  • rainmac
    Options
    mommyme wrote: »
    i dont know the difference with the fabric so shhh you'll scare me lol we'll im ordering the cross stitch so hopefully i'll have it done by 8th sept lol if not she can have it when shes 2 lol

Sorry didn't mean to scare you, honestly, If I can do it I know you can too!!! :D
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Won another kit on e-bay yesterday.
    Trouble is, now I have one new kit here and 2 on their way I want to start them all! :D
    I'm not very disciplined though, I start one then start another one. I think I have 4 maybe on the go now.

I see you are talking about evenweave and that its easier to work with. I have done an image search and seen the differences because like mommyme I had never seen even-weave cloth before.
    Now my query is, if you stitched the same design on both even-weave and normal aida (the sort you get in kits) would they come out the same size? Maybe it was just the pictures I saw but even-weave looks like it would make bigger X's so making the finished piece bigger :confused:

Thanks.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi shelly..

If your kit is on 14count aida..you need 28 count even weave etc(as you go up 1 hole..miss 1 hole and then down the next hole)..then it will come out the same size
    so 16 count aida would be 32 etc.. so you can make your finished picture bigger or smaller if you want to by changing the fabric count

Rainmac... my celtic ladies use lots of bead...there is knack i learnt that is brilliant.. all your beads lie in the same direction and they don't get squished by the glass on your frame..
    Use 2 strands of thread -put your thread through the fabric and then thread on the bead... go down the next diagonal hole (as though you were doing the bottom stitch of a cross)... then come up the next hole (as though doing the top stitch of your cross... but as you go down the hole -split the thread so 1 strand goes either side of the bead... that way they won't move and are realy secure ;) It sounds like a faff.. but once you have done one it becomes obvius and easy..plus all your beads are the same way so its a much better finish..a bit like always doing your crosses in the same direction..
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    got my kit - started it (tooks me 5 hours so far and ive not done much lol) went to put the needle away this morning - and it SNAPPED. using a normal needle - if its wrong, i dont care lol
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    p.s - didnt get kit from sew and so's - got it from hobby craft (well my mum did lol)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure