746 replies 81.4K views

Replies

• savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Hi Savvy

I get my wire from Ebay, much longer rolls on there.

Sal
    x
    Brilliant cheers Sally ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Gold_Dust_2Gold_Dust_2 Forumite
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    Does anybody here make rings?
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I have tried it a few times, but I'm too lazy lol

Sal
    x

Gold_Dust wrote: »
  • Gold_Dust_2Gold_Dust_2 Forumite
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    How does it go for you? And do you have all of the bits and bobs for it (mandrel, hammer etc.)?

I tried to make a simple wire wrap ring and it went oh so wrong :rotfl: would appreciate some pics of your rings.
  • mapleleaf1010mapleleaf1010 Forumite
    256 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I was honestly surprised at how well it turned out! Do you remember those tutorials that I mentioned earlier? I followed this one and adapted the colours and bead sizes:

http://youtu.be/p9ZroQ6KlOM

I made earrings to go with it too, but I realised afterward when I went to take the pic that the cream beads were actually slightly yellow, so I have to remedy that :p. I'm quite chuffed with how well the small beads to, because I nicked them off of a necklace that I 'rescued' from Oxfam.

Many thanks for the tutorial! I also like re-using beads from old jewellery and look forward to making this lovely charm bracelet and earrings.
    256 Posts
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know any good suppliers of high quality jewellery gift boxes please?

I sometimes make necklaces/earrings sets using Swarovski crystal and sterling silver chain. The gift boxes I've used so far are ok, but I want something better quality to enhance the beauty of these materials.

I'm particularly looking for white card boxes (approx 17cm x 10cm) with white inserts to display the necklace and earrings. It would also be nice to have a pretty white gift bag to go with it.

I've found some boxes online, but their quality is not brilliant and they make the jewellery look cheap.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but I would really like to........one day I guess! :o
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • cazmanian_minxcazmanian_minx Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know any good suppliers of high quality jewellery gift boxes please?

I sometimes make necklaces/earrings sets using Swarovski crystal and sterling silver chain. The gift boxes I've used so far are ok, but I want something better quality to enhance the beauty of these materials.

I'm particularly looking for white card boxes (approx 17cm x 10cm) with white inserts to display the necklace and earrings. It would also be nice to have a pretty white gift bag to go with it.

I've found some boxes online, but their quality is not brilliant and they make the jewellery look cheap.

Have you tried Boxes and Busts? http://www.boxesandbusts.co.uk/
    Home: 06/08: £145,145.00 Currently: £106,249.36 Amount paid off: £38,895.64 (26.8%)
    Ethel's: 05/18: £99,000.00 Currently: £99,000.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Tor: 05/18: £82,500.00 Currently: £82,500.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Debt-free: 17/02/2017
  • edited 17 March 2014 at 9:19PM
    Gold_Dust_2Gold_Dust_2 Forumite
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 17 March 2014 at 9:19PM
    Many thanks for the tutorial! I also like re-using beads from old jewellery and look forward to making this lovely charm bracelet and earrings.
    You're welcome :D I look forward to seeing your creations, if you want to share. There are so many great tutorials out there, but I picked that one because the bracelet looked substantial and expensive, and had an immediate impact.

I'm usually one for ebay as I don't really care about what happens to the box beyond the initial gifting, but have you tried a stationers? Or a party supply shop? I'm thinking that small gift boxes like the ones you're describing would cross over into the wedding sector.
    savvy wrote: »
    No but I would really like to........one day I guess! :o

Hopefully one day soon! My wire-wrap ring was hilariously bad (I used the top of an Issey Miyake bottle as a mandrel :rotfl:) but it's something I want to be decent at, so I'm going to try again, soon. Join me! :D

I need some more ball/flat headpins - can anyone recommend a good, cheap supplier?
    256 Posts
    ✭✭
    Have you tried Boxes and Busts? http://www.boxesandbusts.co.uk/

Thanks for the link! I'll check them out! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides