Jewellery making anyone??

in Crafting
746 replies 81.4K views

Replies

• cazmanian_minxcazmanian_minx Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you're off to a flying start, well done! :T:T:T:T:T:T
    Home: 06/08: £145,145.00 Currently: £106,249.36 Amount paid off: £38,895.64 (26.8%)
    Ethel's: 05/18: £99,000.00 Currently: £99,000.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Tor: 05/18: £82,500.00 Currently: £82,500.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Debt-free: 17/02/2017
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aweee, I missed it, did you delete the photo again as I can't see it?

Sal
    x

Gold_Dust wrote: »
    First make ever, a bracelet...I'm hooked:

0616B61E-559C-41AC-BE47-B5D5D634D80E-573-00000067AB56C769_zps34bba876.jpg
  • Gold_Dust_2Gold_Dust_2 Forumite
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    Yes I did, here it is one more time:

630763A7-13E6-4E7C-81F4-4BAEDD275276-2262-000001F0E8FFAD4D_zps2ca10074.jpg
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's brilliant for a first time, where did you learn to do that?!

Sal
    xxx

Yes I did, here it is one more time:

630763A7-13E6-4E7C-81F4-4BAEDD275276-2262-000001F0E8FFAD4D_zps2ca10074.jpg
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I was honestly surprised at how well it turned out! Do you remember those tutorials that I mentioned earlier? I followed this one and adapted the colours and bead sizes:

http://youtu.be/p9ZroQ6KlOM

I made earrings to go with it too, but I realised afterward when I went to take the pic that the cream beads were actually slightly yellow, so I have to remedy that :p. I'm quite chuffed with how well the small beads to, because I nicked them off of a necklace that I 'rescued' from Oxfam.
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I didn't see the tutorials you mentioned earlier, but I've gone now to look at the one you gave now.

You really started off with what looks like something very difficult, well done you, it's beautiful! And that's a good idea, recycling old beads, I do that too.

Sal
    x

Thank you, I was honestly surprised at how well it turned out! Do you remember those tutorials that I mentioned earlier? I followed this one and adapted the colours and bead sizes:

http://youtu.be/p9ZroQ6KlOM

I made earrings to go with it too, but I realised afterward when I went to take the pic that the cream beads were actually slightly yellow, so I have to remedy that :p. I'm quite chuffed with how well the small beads to, because I nicked them off of a necklace that I 'rescued' from Oxfam.
  • If you want to learn how to make jewellery then this is really a creative job you can get so much benefit by learning this online. But before that you must know about the products that are available in market like jewellery making tools, aluminium display tins, jewelery making tweezers.
  • savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy charms and the different coloured and guages of wire? I've bought some very cheap stuff to practice with but it only comes in 2.5m rolls so not very practical :(
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Savvy

I get my wire from Ebay, much longer rolls on there.

Sal
    x

savvy wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy charms and the different coloured and guages of wire? I've bought some very cheap stuff to practice with but it only comes in 2.5m rolls so not very practical :(
    471 Posts
    ✭✭
    It's really empowering when you realise that you can fix those broken bits of jewellery that you have littering the jewellery box, isn't it? I've had some pieces for a few years, and just never got around to figuring out how to fix them. Now, I can just pop in a new jump ring or a clasp and Bob's your uncle!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides