[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Beautiful post Tribulation, do let us know if TS respond to it Thanks in advance ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • taracee
    Options
    just an update on the shopper discounts scam , i have read a few threads regrading this matter , i have just checked my bank account to find i have had £10.00 taken from my account by shopper discounts apparently this is a monthly membership fee that i agreed to .On recollection i ticked a box to say that i would like to save £10.00 on my next transaction , which i thought was a legitimate customer bonus for my loyalty to this company , which by the way is TICKETMASTER which i regularly buy tickets from!!
    Unknown to me i signed up for this membership which is £10.00 a month , the most annoying thing is that i have always chosen this company over other ticket sites because i trusted them !!!!!!
    Well not any more , i have emailed the company shoppers discount to get my money back and cancel my membership , i did try to call them on the number given , which i googled to get , but there is no one there !! surprise surprise .
    so just to let you all know that it is now £10.00 not £8.00 and if anyopne offers you £10.00 off your next purchase do not accept it .
    beware !!!
    tracey
  • countingthepennies
    Options
    Cant believe it but I have also been caught out by this 'company'. I bought some concert tickets via Ticketmaster in December and when the Shopper Discount pop up came up it was as though it was a genuine link carrying on from the transaction, not an ordinary annoying pop up. I was daft enough to think I was going to get a money off voucher off my next purchase of tickets. I certainly didnt know I was signing myself up to have £10 a month taken out of my credit card account!!! I cant stress enough that this is not clearly displayed at all. No way do you know you are agreeing to let them take £10 a month.

I never thought anything about it until I checked my statement this morning and there was the £10 payment to Shopper Discount which I wasnt expecting.

How easy is it to stop this monthly theft of my money?? :confused: Do I need to email or ring them? Any advice PLEASE.
  • Tribulation
    Tribulation Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    Options
    Have received the following response from shoppers Discount
    Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting our customer service team with your enquiry about Shopper Discounts & Rewards. We are very sorry that you no longer wish to be a member of our programme. We will, of course, be cancelling your membership as you have requested and you will receive a refund of £10. This refund will appear in your debit or credit card account within 10 working days.

We wish to assure you that we take the matter of data collection seriously. In your case, you gave us your consent for pizzahut.co.uk to transfer your data to us by entering and re-entering your email address and the last 4 digits (xxxx) of the debit or credit card you used when making a purchase at pizzahut.co.uk site and clicking a 'YES' button below the following language:

'By entering my email address as my electronic signature and clicking 'YES', I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and the Offer and Billing Details and authorise pizzahut.co.uk to securely transfer my name, address and credit or debit card information to Shopper Discounts & Rewards for billing and benefit processing. I understand the first 30 days of benefits are free and I will be billed £10 a month thereafter on the card I used at pizzahut.co.uk today.'

Please find attached a copy of the page to which you responded and entered your details.

Every day, thousands of Shopper Discounts & Rewards members enjoy cash back savings with hundreds of top online retailers, along with other great benefits such as Best Price Guarantee Protection, Extended Warranty Protection and much more. Our professional customer service team respond quickly and efficiently to customer enquiries about the programme and its benefits. Additionally, customers can have their membership cancelled at any time if they no longer wish to remain in the programme.

We would like to thank you for trying Shopper Discounts & Rewards and, once again, we are sorry that you no longer wish to remain a member. We hope that you feel this matter has been dealt with to your full satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further queries on free phone 0808 234 1539 or via email at [EMAIL="customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk"]customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk[/EMAIL]. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.

Sincerely,
    Martin Lewis is always giving us advice on how to force companies to do things.

How about giving us advice on how to remove ourselves from any part of
    MoneySupermarket.com

I hereby withdraw any permission Martin might have implied he gave MoneySupermarket.com to use any of my data. Further more, I do not wish ANY data about me, or any of my posts etc to be held on any computer system held by MoneySupermarket.com or any business it has any commercial interests in.
  • derektait
    Options
    I've been caught out by this scam also. This company should be closed down. While we are naming and shaming, the online company I used was ALLPOSTERS who then passed ALL my credit card details onto shoppersdiscounts.co.uk. I'm disgusted and certainly will never be using ALLPOSTERS again and I'll warn everybody else not to use them either. I think it's dispicable that a company such as ALLPOSTERS would even be associated with such a scam. This is nothing more than fraud. I tried phoning them but apparently there's no-one there because of the snow!!
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks like TS are finally waking up, however I must confess that the letter they sent you was confusing (had to read it a few times), so many depts, it seems the left hand knows NOT what the right hand is doing with TS, however it does look like they have clicked. ;)

I only hope MaryO is still reading this thread, and the "panic" has set in, I am conident if that is the case, she will suddenly yet unexpectedly reply with the usual "claim a refund" speel. You was warned Mary :D:D:D:D
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • PADXB
    Options
    I only wish I had read the posts earlier because I have also been scammed by Shoppers Discount after signing upto Ticketmasters offer of £15 cashback last month. I checked my MBNA statement online and was surprised to find a charge billed for 6 Jan for £10.00. Immediately called MBNA to query and found it to be a subscription charge for Shoppers Direct which I did not authorise. BUT I need to call MBNA back tomorrow when the fraud department opens to complain and reclaim my money £10 so far. It's the principle of this which really stinks as innocent shoppers are being duped after going onto a legitimate website and being lured by a 3rd party ie Ticketmaster joining forces with SD. TM must be making a mint with this connection but it will only harm their business in the longer term.

I also tried to email Ticketmaster UK Customer Service but no email address was available but have sent SD an email demanding refund.

Will see what happens but am really miffed that I have been caught out by this scam and will let my friends and family know.
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    I rang my bank's Fraud Department 4 times about this and each time was told that it wasn't fraud and that I should get it cancelled myself as "obviously, it's an authorised transaction" because I had been caught TWICE by this trick. Firstly via Interflora and secondly by VistaPrint. The second time was literally a slip of the finger, I intended to click no and clicked yes. There WAS NO REQUEST FOR FURTHER DETAILS, NO CONFIRMATION AND NO CHANCE TO RESCIND. [sorry for shouting, in caps just to enable skim reader to be made aware]

Having rung them I was promised 3 months' subscription back - so far, nowt

I too agree that Trading Standards, the banks and the Fraud Squad should be looking very sternly at this outrageous company.
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rest assured DdraigGoch that you will get refunded as those that discover this scam do, its how they keep themselves below the radar, I fume at the thought of how many other victims there are out there, completely oblivious that moneys are going out of there account to this scam, as well, as all the new victims will also be snatched, obliviously using such trusted sites, assured that they too will never become victims of such a crime.

Everyone affected needs to report this to the relevant people, many voices speak louder than one or two, ensuring more of a chance that nobody else should become an oblivious victim, whilst simultaneously shutting them down.
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • choz
    Options
    I found that Shoppers Discounts had taken £10 off my credit card on 5.12.09. I was perplexed as to who this company was, so I googled them. Found it to be a bit of a scam, so I tried telephoning them. Tel: 0808 234 1539.

I was reassured by the young chap who answered that he would reimburse the £10 taken from my credit, however, on further querying this, I was told by him that a further £10 has also been deducted from my credit card.

I was promised that he would reimburse 2 x £10 transactions, and that this would take 10 days. We will wait and see.

In the meantime, I have contacted my credit card and told them not to allow any further transactions to take place from this company. Failing which, I will close that credit card account, which I have held for years!

Choz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport