[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• joeybaloney
    Options
    Thanks Davedanger for your help.

Like you I was scammed like this by RYANAIR.

One click to 'get discounts off future Ryanair flights' and I was apparently in their scam. I got emails from shoppersdiscounts which I tagged as 'Spam' because it wasnt what I had expected to have clicked for.

a month later my bank account was taken for £10. I phoned the bank - they said I couldnt cancel the payment because 'Shoppers discount' had got my visa details. My bank details can only have come from RYANAIR.

With your advice I managed to cancel and get the money back so thanks for that. I am now going to complain to RYANAIR. - This they say I have to do by fax (!)

We really need to shut this scam down

Joeybaloney
  • and75
    Options
    I can't believe I 've been scammed by the cashback offer with Shoppers rewards and discounts! Normally I think if it sounds too good to be true it probably is - but after booking with Ticketmaster, I decided to follow up this £15 cashback offer - seeing as they didn't ask for any bank or credit card details I thought I was safe! What a fool!!
    £15 cashback has cost me £20 in two months credit card payments - fortunately I noticed the 3rd payment and have cancelled my 'membership' and they have promised to refund it.
    Why are reputable companies teaming up with these scammers? Is the whole thing legal - can companies pass on my credit card details?
  • BillH_3
    Options
    I'm ultra careful but got caught by this Shopperdiscounts scam. The first I knew was 10.00 debit I didn't recognise on my on-line current a/c statement. I rang the Co-operative Bank and they were incredibly helpful.

It turns out the scam was, as people have reported, linked to ticking a box during booking a Ryanair flight. Once you've ticked that box these ShopperDiscount thieves have your card details and will draw on it.

Using Google I've managed to cancel the monthly amount they were going to take. I haven't worked out how to get the 10.00 back. Spread the word and stop these con men (ShopperDiscounts & Ryanair)
  • Hackmynoons
    Options
    I followed Jamie75's post to get my money back and logged 2 complaints on the sites he posted on page 28, post 549 of this thread, here's his/her guide:
    PS I was passed on via Monarch airlines

Originally Posted by jamie75
    A quick note to anyone looking to get their money back from SD&R

It takes two steps:
    1-A phone call (2-3minute), confirm your email, name and address (and you'd like your money back, as you didn't know that you signed up to this scam).
    2-Posting of the claim form. (which they email to you as a result of the phone call).

Note: You will need your cancellation ref number for the claim form, this is in the email they send to you with the claim form. If they dont send you a claim form I have posted one in he post above, just make sure you get a cancellation number.

Shopper Discounts & Rewards contact details:

Email: customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk

Mail: Shopper Discounts & Rewards
    P.O. Box 450
    Sevenoaks, Kent,
    TN13 9HN
    Phone: Customer Service
    0808 234 1539 Mon-Fri
    Sat
    8 AM - 8 PM
    9 AM - 4 PM

Ringing SD&R is the best and fastest way to get all your money back, going to your bank/credit card is a much longer process.

Please post in here and name of the company who passed on your details to SD&R. Thanks
    Member Name:_____________________________________________ ______

Cancellation Reference Number:_____________________________________

Email Address: __________________________________________________ _

Date Joined: _____________

Number of months billed: ___________________________________________

Amount of refund requested: ________________________________________

Signed:___________________________________________ ______________

Please return this form to:

Shopper Discounts and Rewards
    Customer Services
    PO Box 450
    Sevenoaks
    Kent
    TN13 9HN

Or fax to: 01732 461 560
    The above is the claim form they send you, just copy and paste it into word and send it off to them, if they didnt email your cancellation number to you, ring up and ask for it.
  • Glittergirl
    Options
    I was also scammed - I think it was via Ryanair. I noticed a payment I didn't remember making this evening and phoned my bank (i love First Direct - you can call 24 hours a day) and they stopped my card immediately. I followed the advice on getting a refund and have a confirmation email. Unfortunately, they took a payment last month which I didn't notice and I suspect I won't be getting a refund for that. Is there anyway to stop them? They are scamming scumbags! :mad::mad::mad:
  • ceri231099
    Options
    I was also scammed - I think it was via Ryanair. I noticed a payment I didn't remember making this evening and phoned my bank (i love First Direct - you can call 24 hours a day) and they stopped my card immediately. I followed the advice on getting a refund and have a confirmation email. Unfortunately, they took a payment last month which I didn't notice and I suspect I won't be getting a refund for that. Is there anyway to stop them? They are scamming scumbags! :mad::mad::mad:
    hi,i also signed up to this through ryanair,i eventually noticed after 3 payments of £10 each went out of my bank account.I found the fone number off website and foned them and because i hadnt used the site they simply cancelled my membership and refunded my £30 without question which arrived in my bank account today.hth
  • DdraigGoch
    Options
    I too rang them up and got the 3 repayments. I'm hoping that this is the end of the matter. I shall keep you informed if it happens again.
    If you see me on here - shout at me to get off and go and get something useful done!! :D
  • Bengdogg
    Options
    I also have been caught out! It would seem I have been charged since april 08 :@ I have just cancelled my membership on the phone and have emailed them saying I expect every penny back (£176?) I am absoloutly furious and to make things worse it would seem vprewards and clubprem are both taking £13.95 from my account every month and they are both the same company. I'm going to the bank as this came to light after someone emptied my account over the weekend in those costco cashpoints and on dating sites and repo shops. Im not sure how much I have lost as yet but based on the fact I am over £1k in overdraft after asking the bank last night I am very concerned (hence me being up at 4am trying to sort things) I am locked out of my internet banking so I will be outside my branch at opening this morning expect results :(
  • Bengdogg
    Options
    have a quick update I rang them this morning at about 8 on the 0808 234 1539 number chose option 3 and got put through to David who was pretty helpful to my surprise, I filled in a claim form and faxed it before 9 and have had confirmation that 22 payments ( I will have to check my bank statements closely in future) will be refunded so that £176 back my way I never knew I had lost :) I did mention this forum during the conversation I think it helped the situation. It was Vistaprint that signed me up to this service and I have spoke to them re my Vprewards and Clubprem. It turns out they have been taking money off me since 31/07/07 !!!! They guy at Vista print is handling it and said I should get a full refund on this. I could be talking over £700 on these two :eek: I shall be sure to do my best to recover this. I am also in a dispute with Plaync Europe over some oneline gaming that has cost me £70 to fund 2 american guys habits and my card has been cloned and used all over london as of last Wednesday following a visit to mcdonalds where I payed by card on my way out of the city (I only go to London once every 3 months and I payed cash for everything else that day so I think it must be there that the cloning occured). To surmise not a good week :rotfl: but I will fight my corner all the way
  • mikeypr12
    Options
    Perhaps people would make a list of all the companies that they KNOW have signes them up to this scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure