[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• Pandora800
    Options
    mikeypr12 wrote: »
    Perhaps people would make a list of all the companies that they KNOW have signed them up to this scam.

Pizza Hut are currently offering this "service". You get £15 off your next pizza order if you sign up for it, but they are up front about the cost of it - "FREE for the next 30 days and only £10 per month thereafter."
  • mary390
    Options
    I am furious - I just realised this company has been taking money out of my account for almost two years!!! They have only offered me a three month refund but I will be persuing them until I get a full refund. I'll definately be checking my statements much more cafefully in the future - I can't believe I missed this for so long, I thought it was a direct debit for a charity going out of my account!
  • Like many posts on here, I too found that I had not 'read the terms and conditions' when purchasing some rail tickets. The 1st £10 charge I thought was for the tickets, the 2nd one, the following month was when I knew something was wrong!

Spending last Sunday morning on the phone to bank, credit card company, back to bank, going online, I found that this company seem to be doing this time and time again with many people, not bad at £10 a time per month per person.

I managed to stop it after two withdrawals. You have to call the number that appears on your statement freephone 0808-234-1539 to cancel, not giving your credit card details again but your customer a/c number found on their spam emails that you have probably deleted!!

Go through the short process and it will confirm that your account has been closed and no further deductions will be made. An email will follow confirming the same. That email will have something to the effect of 'sorry to loose you' and 'we cannot see why you'd want to go' Duhhhh ....... and offers you the option of giving feedback as to why.

REPLY and state your views and include that if you do not receive a refund with immediate effect then you will take the matter further through your Credit Card Company to have their Merchant account closed and through the County Court to recoup your lost cash. It worked for me as I have just checked and 7 days later I have recieved the £20 back into my account along with emails stating how it happened and that I DID agree to the theft from my account!!!!!! errrrrr ........

If small print is so important, why is it in small print?

Good luck - wight_island_guy:j
  • HareyJon
    HareyJon Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 9 February 2010 at 12:00PM
    Options
    I've been scammed too after purchasing food through Pizza Hut on-line. I've sent a
    snotty note to Pizza Hut too.

From what I've seen so far the role of shame is:

Pizza Hut
    Ryanair
    Monarch
    Ticket Master
    trainline.com
    ebookers
    Easyjet
    interflora
    TribalUK
    lookfantastic.com
    emetrix
    Vista print

any others?
  • Bengdogg
    Options
    Vista print were behind my signing up
  • HareyJon
    Options
    We have issued a refund of your Membership fee. This refund will appear as a credit to your account within the next 10 working days.

at least it's easy to get a refund. :)
  • HareyJon
    Options
    Bengdogg wrote: »
    Vista print were behind my signing up

added to the list. :)
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    HareyJon wrote: »
    We have issued a refund of your Membership fee. This refund will appear as a credit to your account within the next 10 working days.

at least it's easy to get a refund. :)
    But of course it is, aside from the legality of such, it helps to keep them just below the radar. ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • kt33uk
    kt33uk Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2010 at 10:31AM
    Options
    I have just had £10 taken from my bank from what I think is this company. It appeared on RBS statement as SHOPPERDISCOUNTS.C, O.UK so I am thinking that it is probably the same company. It does have an email of mine registered but it won't give me my password.

This account is usually only used for bill payments so not sure where or when I signed up for this thing. Thought it was moonpig but I have just managed to sign into my account with them and it seems I signed up with them through a £15 Pizza Hut voucher.

Keeping my fingers crossed - the cancellation bit on the website works.

We have issued a refund of £10 for your membership fee which was billed on 08/02/2010.
    You will also receive a cancel confirmation email in a few minutes at ********@live.co.uk. You do not need to call or email. Your membership has been cancelled.
    We're sorry to see you go but any money you've saved is yours to keep!
    Thank you for trying Shopper Discounts & Rewards.
    Dream as if you'll live forever - live as if you'll die today
  • Bengdogg
    Options
    I got my refunds from Shoppers discounts, vprewards and Clubprem yesterday, rather than doing 1 lump sum each I ended up with 80 separate refunds for amounts between £8 and £13.95 :D My bank account looks mental but at least I have it all back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure