We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Comments

• HSBC card company rang me to say there had been fraudulent activity on my card making specific reference to shoppersdiscounts. I then checked my statements and noticed at least 10 monthly payments of £8.
    I complained to shoppersdiscounts who referred me to a flight booked through easyjet.

I stated I had never knowingly agreed to their scheme. Initially they simply agreed to cancel the deal, but have now agreed to refund £168 to the card.I have subsequently pointed out that HSBC have already cancelled the card and so have requested a cheque.

There apears to be an almost worldwide issue with shoppersdiscounts so clearly I have fallen into the same trap.

The real losers will eventually be the companies promoting this devious scheme.
  • I have to give credit where it's due. After raising the issue with Shoppers Discount and strongly making my case I have received an email from them to confirm they are refunding the monies they have been deducting from my account since February.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 December 2009 at 3:38AM
    I cannot credit them for that, you should not have had to raise an issue with them, make your case nor have to go to the trouble of demanding a refund.

Such money should not have been taken out of your account without your permission in the first place, especially since February.

If you had your house burgled, you would not credit the burglar if your stuff had been discovered in his loft and had it returned to you.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • Just to give you all peace of mind I can confirm that, as promised by them on the phone, shopper discounts have now returned the four payments of £10 that they took from my account. This has taken less than week so if they have taken money from you get on to them straight away.

I also told them that the final payment had casued me to go overdrawn (this is how I spotted them) to which they replied that if I sent over proof they would refund the charges. I will be doing that once my statement comes in and will keep you all informed.

They state that what they are doing is quite legal, however the fact that they were so quick to return my monies states otherwise ! ! !
  • My wife booked on trainline with a 15 pnd discount on next purchase which was never taken up & 30 day free offer.
    However 10pounds was deducted from my acount two months running.
    Thanks to this site I contacted them and the account is now cancelled immediately with a cancellation number givenover the phone and by e-mail.
  • Hi everyone,

New here. I found yesterday that I had been charged over 15 months by shopperdiscounts following a purchase I made last August 08 from interflora.

After finding this forum and realising so many others had been suckered in I emailed shopperdiscounts immediately stating that I wanted my membership cancelled and a full refund for all 15 months charges. I said that was I not dealt with in a suitable fashion by them then I would be putting in a complaint to trading standards and tv's watchdog about this scam.

Within a couple of hours I had two emails back from them stating my membership had been cancelled and all 15 months charges would be refunded. No fight whatsoever because they know damn well they are misleading and scamming people.

So all those yet to demand refunds etc, YOU CAN DO IT!! :T

Love & Light :A
    sazmick
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2009 at 3:02AM
    iouthnxu.gif
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • And still keep hanging on. After you get a confirmation that the current month's "subscrition" will be refunded you get asked if there is anything else and given a new menu. Eventually you get to speak to a human being who will offer to refund the last three months and send a claim form for anything before that. Let's see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    davedanger wrote: »
    Hi,

Just thought I'd add to this thread as I have hopefully just sorted out this problem. I was checking through my bank statement an hour ago and saw this £8 charge called shopper discounts. I didn't know what it was so I googled it and up came this thread, I read it and saw someone posted that it might be to do with EasyJet. Well the only thing recently I've bought online was an EsayJet ticket 2months ago. I phoned Natwest and the said they've had a spate of these calls today and it's to do with a company called GlobalCollect.com, however the number I was given by natwest didn't work and the website doesnt allow you to contact them. I also couldnt get in contact with EasyJet very easily, so after googling again I found a site called shoppers dicount. I phoned the following number 08082341539 (drop the 0 if using a mob) and you get through to an automated system. It asks for credit card details (which I was NOT giving!) But then it asked for a membership number which would be in an email, I looked in my spam email and found a membership number! I keyed this in and processed with cancelling my membership, BUT DON'T HANG UP, after 2 times of listening to all my details being cancelled and not being charged again, there was a prompt to refunding my initial membership - Horrahhh! i did this and now have 2 emails telling me my membership is cancelled and my refund will be processed in the next 3 -5 days. Fingers crossed but this looks like the best solution for me.
  • Just looked at my credit account as a result of this forum and found a charge of £10! I rang the given number and had an automated reply which allowed me to cancel but gave me clearance to use the service for a month but then gave another option if I had further queries. Took this option and was then given an option to cease immediately and informed me that the £10 would be returned. I shall keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the forum.
  • I to have been caught out by this via interflora!!! And thanks to you all and the information on this page I have now emailed both company's and hoping to get a full refund!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.