We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming World Support Thread

Options

Comments

• sw_mina
    sw_mina Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I've just made some lemon cous cous cake, but I went a bit bonkers and whizzed it briefly with a hand blender before putting it in the oven. Now I'm wondering if that means I have to syn the cous cous... does anyone know? My mental process was that you blend the chickpea cake and the carrot cake and the polenta muffins so surely you can blend the cous cous cake... now I'm doubting myself. I didn't mash it completly, just a quick whizz...

:confused:

Ta

ps - made my stone on Tuesday! Woo!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Basic/Non Branded Foods Couscous, ground/used as flour 28g
    red.gif Original 5 Syns green.gif Green 5 Syns
    think you may have to count it as syns, sorry

but well done on your stone award!!!!!!!!! Thats brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    You do know that the cous cous cake isnt free dont you? Just checking......
    Kate
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sw_mina wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I've just made some lemon cous cous cake, but I went a bit bonkers and whizzed it briefly with a hand blender before putting it in the oven. Now I'm wondering if that means I have to syn the cous cous... does anyone know? My mental process was that you blend the chickpea cake and the carrot cake and the polenta muffins so surely you can blend the cous cous cake... now I'm doubting myself. I didn't mash it completly, just a quick whizz...

:confused:

Ta

ps - made my stone on Tuesday! Woo!

Well done on your stone award:T

Sadly couscous cake can't be counted a syn-free (neither can chickpea cake, polenta muffins, lasagne crisps etc) as it is regarded as misuse of the couscous (polenta, chickpeas etc)

Some people were eating the whole cake and then wondering why their weight loss had slowed (or even reversed itself) which made the nutritionist re-examine the rules on the use of such foods.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    consultant, so how many syns would there be in the cous cous cake?

also, does the rice quiche i make become synned? i cook a pack of savoury rice, with eggs mixed in? worried now cos thats what i got for tea.
  • sw_mina
    Options
    16011996 wrote: »
    Basic/Non Branded Foods Couscous, ground/used as flour 28g

red.gif Original 5 Syns green.gif Green 5 Syns

think you may have to count it as syns, sorry

but well done on your stone award!!!!!!!!! Thats brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh noes! The really annoying thing is, I just tasted a bit and it is SOOOOO much nicer than it normally is.

I know its not free, but it nearly is the way I make it - just lemon juice, no lemon curd, so its only the baking powder to syn.

Thanks anyway :cry:
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry consultant, can you tell me if the crisps are syn free still? our consultant told us they were on thursday, but now i'm wondering?
  • sw_mina
    Options
    Well done on your stone award:T

Sadly couscous cake can't be counted a syn-free (neither can chickpea cake, polenta muffins, lasagne crisps etc) as it is regarded as misuse of the couscous (polenta, chickpeas etc)

Some people were eating the whole cake and then wondering why their weight loss had slowed (or even reversed itself) which made the nutritionist re-examine the rules on the use of such foods.

Ooooh. Hmmm. We had a tasting night the other week and someone brought lasange crisps in, which our consultant advocated, and she's always talking about the cous cous and chickpea cake. I don't really understand how a food can be 'mis-used', to be honest, as if its the intention that puts on the pounds rather than the ingredients. I recognise that it is not how you would 'normally' eat your cous cous, but you don't eat more of it, nor do you change the constitution (unless you reach for the blender :o ) - I don't really see how it's different to having a plate of cous cous with chopped egg, slices of lemon and a dollop of low fat yoghurt on top (except for the baking powder, of course), but I'm willing to admit I might be missing something!
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    16011996 wrote: »
    sorry consultant, can you tell me if the crisps are syn free still? our consultant told us they were on thursday, but now i'm wondering?

No, they're not free. Ask your consultant to check with SW head office.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • terrigrunshaw
    Options
    Hi im new to all this forum business (so new that im getting my husband to type this out for me), I started with slimming world at the beginning of february......im doing it myself, so im not going to meetings. In 4 weeks i've lost 5lb. Any tips or advice that could help me?????? My name is terri by the way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport