We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Slimming World Support Thread

Options

Comments

• obsessednewbie
    Options
    Morning guys and girls

Was so looking forward to my sasuage and bacon quiche. But after i turned the oven off last night, kinda got engrossed with the old thread reading from page one. Got hauled off to bed at mindnight and forgot to take quiche out of oven. Wasnt sure i could eat it after being in oven all night so havent :mad:

Will pop out to Morrisons after school run and get some eat smart free sausages and try again(15 miles to morrisons - better be worth it!)

So far have had a small pack of Bernard Matthews ham and am currently eating a 4 slices of bacon omlettte with onions and tomatoes which i burned badly and most of it is still actually in the pan.

lunch if still hungry will have prawn salad. Dinner beef caserole and restaurant tonight a salad.

I am gonna do this !!

x
    J: SWELL Hair goodies, Cbeebies bag, Years supply of loo rolls. F: theatre tickets, Pedometer, Champagne Glasses, £100 Monsoon Voucher. Dr Dre Headphones, M: Organic Skincare, finger puppet, fridge magnet, stoker goody bag, dsi game, film goody bag, Cast iron casserole set, box cereal, Ipod Nano & DVD.
  • One_step_forward
    Options
    Morning all,

Since weigh in Wednesday morning have been 99% focussed.... my only slight slip up was adding the odds left in a packet of frozen mixed veg to my cauli last night to make room in the freezer.... so a few peas and sweetcorn on a red day... ooops!!!

Have been focussing on speed foods and scan bran this week but will be trying the breakfast quiche at the weekend with OH.

Also upped the water and cleared the boxesoff the running machine and managed 15 minutes last night.... first time its been used since Christmas!

Red day again today with shepherds pie with the squash and swede topping....

Going shopping this afternoon with DD for outfit for sisters wedding so must not be tempted in the city!!
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    16011996 wrote: »
    Hi Skint Catt, Glad you found us!!!!! Will you not have enough sins for an alpen bar, i'm fairly sure they are 3 sins each, maybe you could squeeze one in?

Maybe, but I've had some tomato sauce and would like a glass of wine tonight as its friday - I've earned it! Trouble is it was Dads birthday last night and although Mum cooked a healthy meal, there was nibbles, wine and dessert.:o :rolleyes: She forgot to get the birthday cake out thank god! :rotfl:so trying to cut down on syns today a bit.

Catt xx
  • shanleypink
    shanleypink Posts: 392 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi gpuss, the seekh kebabs are easy.

1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    2 tsp ground ginger
    5 minced or chopped garlic cloves
    2 tbsp finely chopped corriander leaves
    1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
    500g pack of extra lean minced beef
    2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
    1 tsp mild or medium chilli powder
    1 beaten egg (poor thing...)
    2 tsp sea salt

Bung it all in a bowl and squidge! Use fingers, utensils don't work well with this. Make sure it is all really well mixed together. Cover and pop in fridge overnight to marinate (I did not put in fridge, I used straight away)
    Preheat oven to 190/ gas 5
    Divide meat into 12 portions and shape each one round a metal or bamboo skewer.
    I found it easier to make sausages and then thread skewer through the middle.
    Place on baking tray and spray lightly with fry light. Bake for 15- 20 mins turning once during cooking. Serve with wedges of lemon to squeeze over.
    VOILA.... they are gorgeous and free on a red day and they also freeze brilliantly.
    I didnt have cumin seeds, still taste great.
  • Nessa56
    Nessa56 Posts: 946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    16011996 wrote: »
    morning all, went to class last night and 1/2 lb loss. not too bad. back on the drinking plenty this week. i knew it wasn't going to be a huge loss as its star week and i've lost 4 and half over the two previous weeks. still very happy and :)

Well done 160

I have taken up your suggestion as well of drinking more water, so here's hoping

v
    x
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE 6 - MEMBER NUMBER 086 Special Star from Sue :staradmin :T:T
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me too nessa though I add sugar free squash to mine - yummy!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i'm back on the drink, on 3rd large glass of squash, plus had about 4 brews, so must keep it up!!!!!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    Maybe, but I've had some tomato sauce and would like a glass of wine tonight as its friday - I've earned it! Trouble is it was Dads birthday last night and although Mum cooked a healthy meal, there was nibbles, wine and dessert.:o :rolleyes: She forgot to get the birthday cake out thank god! :rotfl:so trying to cut down on syns today a bit.

Catt xx

lol these things are sent to try us aren't they.

nessa, i really find the drinking helps, keep it up, its also helped my eczema a lot too i've noticed, and my skin looks much better.
  • gpuss
    gpuss Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    I bought the bovril chicken jar..is this what makes chicken stock? I couldnt find cubes or vecan anywhere
    I bought a jar of Bovril, as I noticed it in lots of recipes. I couldn't find cubes either. Still, it sounds as if Bisto is not too bad in syns. Do they recommend any particular gravy mix to use, at meetings?

Just enjoyed my ham quiche and a shape ls, but a bit worried about how good I'll be in the pub later...:eek:

Robinsons Fruit and barley is free and the strawberry and kiwi one is delicious!
    :smileyheagpuss

• gpuss
    gpuss Posts: 317 Forumite
    Options
    Hi gpuss, the seekh kebabs are easy.

Thanks Shanleypink - that's brilliant:T. I know what to add to my shopping list now

xx
    :smileyheagpuss

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills