🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming World Support Thread

Options

Comments

• purplestar1uk
    Options
    Hey folks,
    I had my WI today. I gained 1/2lb, but that's not the end of the world, and esp. as it's my first gain since I joined it's cool. And it's entirely my fault for eating several easter eggs in the week!
    However I did get SLimmer of the Month for February, and I won the group's 'Greatest loser 2008' which stunned me, and I got a bunch of flowers and a bottle of perry for that!
    So, good week anyway.
    I got the new food directory and like others here find it immensely confusing. I was going to sell last year's but I'm not sure I will now!!
    Does anyone understand the 'Smart Syns' they talk about in there? They're mentioned in the Tesco book as well (also very confusing, same set-up!) and I just dont' get what smart syns are. Cheers!
  • purplestar1uk
    Options
    160 - the tesco book is 'Shop to Slim at Tesco'. Has general foods in then all tesco's own brand stuff.

littleoleme - I spent my first few weeks on SW feeling totally, totally confused. Then it all just seemed to click into place. Don't despair, you'll get the hang of it soon enough!
  • purplestar1uk
    Options
    lab-dab wrote: »
    findingmyownway - that sausage recipe looks lovely. I might give that a go. It looks free to me and would only be the gravy to count or free with bovril.

I bought the bovril chicken jar..is this what makes chicken stock? I couldnt find cubes or vecan anywhere

I found vecon in Holland & Barratt.
  • doorstep
    doorstep Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Having a good day today :j . I'm following the 7 day fast results plan for the SW magazine (Jan/Feb). My afternoon snack was a 400g tin of fruit cocktail (in juice). It was supposed to be with yogurt (but I don't have any left ;) ).

The mag says it's no sins for the day, but when I looked onlne it said 1.5 sins per 100g. So have I eaten 6 sins or not :confused: .

I'd already sorted some nice sins for tonight (including wine :D ) so I'm really hoping I'm wrong and the magazine is correct.

Does anyone know?
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I think you can count some tinned fruit as a HeB, maybe that is what they have done in the mag?
    HTH
    Kate
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    160 - the tesco book is 'Shop to Slim at Tesco'. Has general foods in then all tesco's own brand stuff.

littleoleme - I spent my first few weeks on SW feeling totally, totally confused. Then it all just seemed to click into place. Don't despair, you'll get the hang of it soon enough!

Thanks purplestar - I forgot to answer 160's question! I just can't get my head round the catergories they use?! It's not at all easy to use quickly as you have to search 5 or 6 section then the sub-sections before you find something!
  • doorstep
    Options
    I think you can count some tinned fruit as a HeB, maybe that is what they have done in the mag?
    HTH
    Kate

Thanks Princess Kate (I'd forgotten about the HEB!!!)

Bring on the wine :rotfl:
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Iv just remembered somethign yummy I used to make, great for a green lunch or to have in the fridge to much on.

Brown rice salad
    Cooked brown rice
    Chopped cherry tomatoes
    Chopped cucumber
    Brown sauce, diluted in water

opttonal (yummy but adds syns)
    Rasins
    Peanuts/seads (could be a HeB)

Just mix it all together! The diluted brown sauce makes it really yummy with the nuttyness of the brown rice.

Hope this is of help to someone!
    Kate x
  • doorstep
    Options
    That sounds lovely Princess Kate

I do get a bit bored with my pasta, rice, cottage cheese rotation!!
  • little_ole_me_3
    Options

Thanks for the support, I still feel as my head is spinning reading through the books.:rolleyes:

I think I will pick up one of there mags at my next meeting and thanks to everyone who have posted reciepes on here a great help. :T Even better when they say they are a green or red meal, as us novices are not quite as clued up as the rest of you all.
    :A this web site is heavenly :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family