O2 New Retention Tariff Discount 500 / Discount 750

Options

Comments

• DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    o2employee...

If I want to convert my sim to payg at the end of my contract, do I need to give written notice, or can it be done over the phone.

I will obviously be giving 30 days notice.

Cheers, Des.
  • o2employee
    Options
    DesG - you can call and have your number moved to PAYG at the end of your contract if you wish.
    We would give you a PAC code and send you out a PAYG sim card for FOC.
    This would mean you can have your number moved over to PAYG and contract cancelled in just over a week.
    No written notice and no 30 days notice. Perfect option for low users.
    There are some good low use options that Retention will offer - worth a listen.
    A Retention advisor will have no problems moving you to PAYG as it doesnt 'go against them' in a Retention sense :) we love people who move to PAYG hahaha.

Heyho... Those deals are good. We have simplified our call charges. It's this simple:
    20p a minute
    10p a text.
    Simple as. That's whoever you call and at whatever time.
    It is more expensive for O2 to O2 or landlines, but cheaper cross network. But idea is to get a tariff to never go over! These prices match TMobiles Flext call charges.

Can you get reduction? If you are an existing ONLINE customer, then my colleagues have assured me that they WILL offer 20% off on the 18 month new Online tariffs. This would be a crafty one to get, not everyone is keen on giving reduction on 18 month contracts.
    But it will be done!
  • movingforward2010
    Options
    do i have to wait for my contract to end in dec? im on 12month i-mode contract 500 x net mins and 500texts for £35 and i thought that was good!
  • karmaimages
    Options
    I want to know what kinda deal to push for. Last year i got 500 xnet mins and 100 txt for £17 a month with an xda exec.

My monthly spend is £100+ and i go over my mins by about 300. I would like to get about 800 mins and 200 txts for about £40 a month or less if poss. Ive look around and the phone i want to get is the Samsung D900 it looks better then the k800I and has recieved better reviews. Not too worried about the txt's because the bundles are pretty cheap to buy now anyways.

I'm an o2 select customer so i can upgrade in month 9 but when i call up they keep trying to get me to sign an 18 month contract and at the moment i only want a 12 month.

Called three and was offereed 1100 mins and 800 txt and the D900 for £45 a month might cancel my o2 contract pay the rest of the year off and go over to them.

Any ideas?
    Comping Challenge Make internet back in 2007

Target £330
    To Date £69.99

Prizes won: Seagate 6gb Hard Drive £60, Shaving cream £9.99
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    Options
    o2 employee on behalf everyone here thanks for your assistance :)

im on 12month Discount750/500texts for £20, started contract on sim only 800/2000txts - I need minimal mins and as many texts as poss again, whats the most o2 offer as Orange do 3000 texts for £25 or 550mins/unlimited texts ( well... 3000 lol ) texts for £35
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • o2employee
    Options
    Seaniboy - we dont do any massively text only packages. I was talking to one of my colleagues yesterday who said that they can now offer 400 mins and 1400 texts for £30pcm.
    Not to get too complicated but this involves a bit of nounce from an advisor, as they need to know which tariff to offer with which save tools.
    If they are any good, they should know how to do it and keep it in their 'arsenal' to save customers.
    That would be the Q2 O2 Online 400 Texter option with £15 off and 400 FOC texts. Thats the best youre gonna get on a 12 month contract and thats only if you're online too!

Karmaimages - DO NOT GET THE D900. I have the K800i and the D900 and I have only had the D900 2 days and I am going to sell it. Simple as. The K800i is a MUCH better handset. Honest!!!
    'Called three and was offereed 1100 mins and 800 txt and the D900 for £45' We would not match this offer. I know that 3 do not offer phones that are not 3G - the D900 is not 3G. According to their website, they stock no Samsungs. SO it's probably a 3rd party retailer if someones offering you that. And then probably cash back by redemption. AVOID REDEMPTION LIKE THE PLAGUE.
    On the 18 month option you get 800 mins and 100 texts for £40pcm with FOC calls on Sat Sun and Monday. If you don't want an 18 month contract then the deals aren't as strong. ALL the deals out there that are worth having are 18 months! (Orange Unlimited deals, TMobile Flext, O2 Long Weekend) We obviously incentivise the longer contracts.
    You might not be happy with an 18 month contract but its often worth it.
    Get insurance and you've got NOTHING to worry about!

WMXLAD - that's a good tariff. You do need to wait until December. But in December, they will knock £15 off that tariff!!! Now that aint bad.

THE LESSON THAT NEEDS TO BE LEARNT HERE IS THAT IF YOU TAKE A DEAL, 6 MONTHS DOWN THE LINE, A BETTER ONE WILL COME OUT. IT'S LIKE BUYING A CAR AND THEN 6 MONTHS LATER THEY SLASH THOUSANDS OFF THE PRICE... AND YOU'RE LIKE... DAMN!
    SO PICK A TARIFF THATS RIGHT FOR YOU, STICK TO IT AND THEN REAP THE REWARDS WHEN YOU ARE DUE AN UPGRADE.

REMEMBER, WE ARE NOT SAVING CUSTOMERS WITH LESS THAN £20 SPENDS.
  • neiljo34
    Options
    Hi employee, I would welcome some advice as Im Pulling my hair out. Im currently an o2 online customer paying £20 per month. My usual spend is about £21 - £22 per month (although sometimes just the £20). I have been on my existing tariff for several years and I now desperately need a new handset (at least comparable to the 6230 I have or better) and would particularly like the 6233. I see a deal to new customers on the web site for £25 (18 months on online 100) giving 150 any network minutes and 750 texts with a 6233 handset and free bluetooth headset. I have spoken to upgrades and retention and emailed o2 but they will not give me this deal as I need to keep my existing order. They say my previous spend is not high enough but I am wanting to upgrade to the £25 tariff over 18 months (which is the deal to new customers). Is there anyone who could sort this for me or is my only option to request my PAC code (I assume no charge) and get a similar deal with a different provider and move my number across. It seems bizarre to me that I could start again with a new number and get this deal with no billing history at all but I cant get it as an upgrade to stay with 02?
    Any advice or suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Neil
  • Beduffshirl
    Options
    Whats the best number to call on - is there a free one that doesn't take away my minutes ?
  • Tedrick_2
    Tedrick_2 Posts: 233 Forumite
    Options
    o2employee wrote:
    Some insider information.
    I work for O2 Retention

Schnap!:beer:
    CPW Retail
    Previously
    3 Retail, DSGi Business, O2 Retentions, The Link Retail
    Any posts are not the views or stands of my company.
  • charltonfan1
    Options
    neiljo34 wrote:
    Hi employee, I would welcome some advice as Im Pulling my hair out. Im currently an o2 online customer paying £20 per month. My usual spend is about £21 - £22 per month (although sometimes just the £20). I have been on my existing tariff for several years and I now desperately need a new handset (at least comparable to the 6230 I have or better) and would particularly like the 6233. I see a deal to new customers on the web site for £25 (18 months on online 100) giving 150 any network minutes and 750 texts with a 6233 handset and free bluetooth headset. I have spoken to upgrades and retention and emailed o2 but they will not give me this deal as I need to keep my existing order. They say my previous spend is not high enough but I am wanting to upgrade to the £25 tariff over 18 months (which is the deal to new customers). Is there anyone who could sort this for me or is my only option to request my PAC code (I assume no charge) and get a similar deal with a different provider and move my number across. It seems bizarre to me that I could start again with a new number and get this deal with no billing history at all but I cant get it as an upgrade to stay with 02?
    Any advice or suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

you need to bargain with them and threaten to leave. Your average spend is over £20 so according to o2employee they will want to keep you.

Say you will be cancelling unless they match or better the new customer deal (ask them for 12 months as well while you are at it)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure