O2 New Retention Tariff Discount 500 / Discount 750

Options

Comments

• o2employee
    Options
    Oh and by the way??
    This belief that if you ring back and you'll get a better offer??
    I offer the best I can to retain your business.
    I have a range of 'tools' that I can use. I use them ALL on each save.
    The cost of your handset, as ive said, is set. In stone. On paper.
    If we offer you all the save tools then thats fine... If we offer you the handset at FOC when it should be chargeable, we get the sack.

And trust me as well... there's nothing more frustrating as a customer to be told, yeah you can have 1000 mins and 1000 texts for £15 only to get your bill, see that its wrong and be told we cant offer it. (By the way, anyone who says they are getting 1000 xnet mins and 1000 texts for £15 are lying, we dont do that. Full stop)

So continually ringing back doesn't help you. And when we say it's our best offer, it's our best offer.

It's very amusing to read all your opinions and tips, no doubt I've spoke to a few of you.

Oh, and any emails Peter Erskine receives, I can assure you as well they are passed back to our correspondence team who sit on the same floor as us.
    As Peter Erskine is the Chairman of O2 and has a seat on the board of our new owners Telefonica, he has slightly more important things to be doing with his time than sorting out delivery/billing enquiries.
    I know that sounds arrogant but just speak to a manager. Much easier.
  • adrianwood
    Options
    Hi, this thread is very good and informative and I currently have an O2 contract due to come to the end of the 12 months and I have just rung retentions and they gave me two deals, just wondering on people views: -
    1) 500 mins 500 texts - 12 month contract - £20 per month
    2) 200 mins 500 texts - 12 month contract - £15 per month.

I was also offered the following phones for free: -
    1)Nokia 6233
    2)Nokia 6111
    3)Nokia 6131

Just wondering what people think of these offers as it is not quite as good as the discount tariffs.
    Thanks
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    o2employee wrote:
    Some insider information.
    I work for O2 Retention
    The ball game has changed.
    We are looking to increase the amount of money spent every month by each customer.
    They have cut the deals that we can offer - some of the deals we offer were ridiculous!

We now retain on basis of spend.
    You spend less than £20 - no attempt will be made to save you. Want a handset and want to stay? Fantastic.
    Want to move to another network? You are more than welcome to.

We are looking to retain more high spending customers.
    We also base the cost of your upgrade on your average spend.
    I.E - you can have the best handsets on the market for FOC if your spend is over £50 etc.
    If you spend less e.g £25pcm - there are limitations to what handsets you can have FOC.

This makes obvious business sense - we need still to make money at the end of the day!

Some of the deals out there are very good... BUT there are strings attached... Cashback by redemption/poor customer services/networks without their own actual networks...

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for...

AND!!!!... You might ring us this year for a cracking deal, come and get the best handset and loads of minutes and texts for FOC....
    Come back the following year? We either tell you where to get off, or your back to the bottom of the 'spend matrix' and back to having a basic handset again.

Retention is good. It should be used - I agree - but don't abuse it. The complete industry is pushing itself to the limits in marketing, capturing new business etc. It can only go so far. So enjoy it while you can.

Oh, and trust me. We give the moody !!!!!! much less than we do the nice people who are upfront and honest about what they are up to!!!

Thanks for the inside information!!

I've always found the guys and gals on the Retentions Team very informative and helpful.. I also agree its better to be upfront with the Retentions Dept, dont beat about the bush.. Tell them what you want and they will let you have it if THEY can offer you that deal and don't lose the head if they can't!! There only doing there job but do remember O2 does make every effort to keep its customers and provide a great customer service as i'm sure the O2 staff reading this will agree :)

Keep up the good work guys!!! :)
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So when the new SE K900i (?) arrives on the scene late next month do you know how much will they charge us or it? Bill is usually £5/£7 over each month, £25 instead of £20.
  • infiniti
    infiniti Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I think this board is an excellent tool so thank you to all those that have posted with information.

Please can you help me I've been an o2 customer for about 6 years and have an average monthly spend of more than £120 - I am at the top of the retentions matrix. I want to work out what the best deal is that I can get. I have been offered the following for £33.80/month on a 12 month contract:

1200 Minutes
    200 Texts
    32 MB Data
    Free P990i

I know this is good however after reading the previous posts and bearing in mind my spend etc I think that I could get more - the minutes should be sufficient however would appreciate more texts and data so would really appreciate any advice from o2 people...

I have also not upgraded for over 2 years and have received apalling service in the past such as being sent a phone i never ordered and being put into another 12 month contract as a result. Then having to return the phone and manage the process to get the dealer to fax o2 and resolve the issue and remove the new contract.

I don't want to be ungrateful for the offer that has been made yet at the same time would like to get the best deal that I can so would like advice on this front. I also understand that by taking this deal it will be hard for me to get such a good offer next year...

One specific question I have is can I push to have an 18month contract at this rate instead of 12 and get dicounted rates for contract duration and the long weekends offer? (I'm a direct debit/invoice - not online - customer)

I look forward to suggestions/advice.
  • o2employee
    Options
    What you have been offered there is very very strong!
    Bear in mind, before our recent tariff refresh, our 1000 minutes used to cost £75pcm.
    The price you have there is excl VAT. (Because of the £33.80. All Consumer prices are rounded including VAT) This would suggest you are a business customer. The deals they receive are slightly different.
    But that deal is very strong and is unlikely to get any stronger.
    For £40pcm on an 18 month contract, you could get 800 minutes and 100 texts with free calls on a Saturday, Sunday and Monday. You could get your 20% loyalty off that if you were a Business Customer. (Consumer Retention aren't keen on offering anything off their 18 month contracts. It's something they dont do!)
    The P990 is one of our top handsets and giving this FOC is a sign that you spend alot.
    You are unlikely to get any better than that I'm afraid. But thats not to say that its not bloody good hahaha
    Let me know if you want to know more.
  • heyho_3
    heyho_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    I have a question for o2 employee.. I have been with o2 for 4years the last time I upgraded it was for the nokia 6600 that shows how long ago it was...

because of complaints and stuff I am on 750 text and talk for £25 a month my adv spend is £60-£99 I could so do with the long weekend, no one seems to know when they if they are going to be for online customers...

I am on the n70 due to a complaint and it feels unfair some of the offers that orange are dishing out at moment like 2500 mins and unlimeted text...

Is there anything better in the pipeline for online customers...???

I got told a couple of months ago that there is a refresh of online tarriffs on way but they said it would be about the 14th of this month but no one knows anything and I know from a friend that the orange deals and t moblie deals are hurting o2 and with 3 is going to have a fresh to my plan on the way...
  • o2employee
    Options
    To be fair, O2 have been talking about a refresh for Online tariffs, such as has been received for O2 (UK) tariffs and Business Tariffs which have all received considerable modifications to what they offer.
    Quite when it is going to be launched, I'm not 100% sure. I think the problems there is that our intake from Online acquisitions is still very high, still noteably high enough for us not to worry TOO much about Orange or TMobile. One of the problems facing Online Customers is that sometimes, and just sometimes, the deals offered to New customers is better to what we offer existing customers. This is not because we don't like our existing Online customers, its just that we have to control over our Online Acqusitions department that seem to have fantastic range of offers available, some that we cannot offer.
    The tariff that you are on sounds like the O2 Discount 750, which is normally £35pcm, and you're receiving £10 off a month. This is not something we are doing anymore, but there are occasions that we offer it if its currently being took by a customer. Depends though.
    So... to address your issue, the deals from the likes of Orange and TMobile are fantastic, I've been tempted by an Unlimited text package myself, it's just a case of deciding whats for you. It would be an 18 month contract (which to you doesnt sound a problem if you hadnt upgraded in ages).
    We in Rentention cannot profess to be able to match everything, but we do look to find packages that suit a customers need and benefits them as they wish (length of contract).
    We are very careful to note exactly where our customers are leaving to... Our Marketing departments are fully aware of what is being offered and are no doubt working on offers to combat these moves.

O2 are renowed for not rushing into new things. We are going slow on 3G as customer uptake is relatively low, we haven't rushed into Broadband as the experience is now that people are struggling to get connected due to high demand. We have recently bought a Broadband company called Be*. Look out for that soon, Rententions are trialling offering FOC Broadband to customers within coverage areas.

SOO... Up to you. We don't have anything yet. I dont know when we will.
    But I think people tend to stay with us for a reason, and that's brand loyalty and we do make EVERY effort on our customer services. Just weigh up what your needs are. Someone in customer services will tell you your usage and you might not need one of these 'eye catchers'
  • mark2311
    mark2311 Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick question for o2 employee. I have just renewed my contract with o2 2 months ago. I've had the same contract for 4 years now and found it good value for money. However recently since i've upgraded i've found that i'm using it far more and i'm not too happy with the amount that i'm spending. I have been happy with the service up to now so i wouldn't mind a better deal. how do i go about contacting the relevant people and what would be available? thanks for any reply
  • o2employee
    Options
    Well, I come across this alot.
    You are, essentially, in contract.
    That means you are no longer a rentention issue until you are due again.
    If you ring customer services, they can move you onto any one of our new tariffs.
    Problem is now, you won't get any new deals or anything like that because you are in contract.
    What tariff are you on at the moment? And how has your usage changed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure