O2 New Retention Tariff Discount 500 / Discount 750

Options

Comments

• benbfc
    benbfc Posts: 263 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for the reply o2employee i think i will stay on the same 400/1000 for £30 tariff, just a couple more things - because the contract i am on SHOULD BE £45 a month does that mean i can sign up to o2 long weekends?

and secondy - will i be able to pick up the the sont ericsson 800i for free? or a similar quality phone.

regards

ben
  • towseriv
    towseriv Posts: 322 Forumite
    Options
    Is the Nokia N73 'over subsidy' by any chance?
  • belfastgal
    Options
    belfastgal wrote:
    Totally hacked off ..had negotiated a lower tarrif to stay with o2 when i rang on 29th aug.because i rang two days over my bill date they said they couldnt start it till the next billing date.27th sept but i have been charges 2 line renatls again up front.have just been on the phone (0800 005 005 ) for 56 min trying to explain that it eas an existing contract and why ? anyway did i read somewhere ( possibly on this therad ) to email some guy from o2 if you are unhappy . I have tried doing a search and running through this thread but there are over a thousand posts. Anyone ?
    i also ordered a blue tooth from 02 on 7th sept and it keeps getting cancelled...i am livid......:rolleyes:
    well i emailed peter erskine on friday and got a phone call today from senior customer service guy stating how sorry they were etc and they credited my account the amount they overcharged me £33 and gave me a further credit for the inconvenience...NICE ONE !!!!!!!!!!
    thanks again guys
  • heyho_3
    heyho_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to say thank you o2 employee for the reply!!
  • kenrob
    kenrob Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Nostromo wrote:
    The online 50 tariff has been ditched by 02 over the weekend.Minimum spend per month is now £25 unless you go through a cashback scheme.

I requested a downgrade to online50 mid September and its due to happen on the 6th October (next billing date). I wonder if it will happen now.
  • jm7472
    jm7472 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Quick question for O2employee.

I've been with O2 for 2 years now and last year got a fantastic deal for me. £15 a month for online 200 (200 mins and 500 texts). This tarif suits me perfectly so I wouldn't want to move away from it.

My contract is due for renewal in December and I always like to upgrade my phone ( dont mond paying £50 or so for a top phone) but would like to stay on the same tarif with the same £15 off.

In your experience does this sound possible?

I also wondered if I was now classed as spending £30 (tarif cost before discount) a month or the £15 a month that I actually spend.

I think my actual spend is less than £15 a month as I've had a few problems with the discount not being applied to my account so I've had a few credits on my account for the inconvenince of having to ring up every month for 6 months to ret and sort it out.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks
  • saverram
    saverram Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi o2 employee
    a quick question. I was with O2 from 2 year and need to upgrade in ec . Now i am on 500X net off peak tariffic for 15pounds. I would like to get teh
    same for peak and around 400 minutes
    is it possible
    thanks in advance
    saverram
    Target : to Live on 4k for 2008
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    o2employee wrote:
    Some insider information.
    I work for O2 Retention
    The ball game has changed.
    We are looking to increase the amount of money spent every month by each customer.
    They have cut the deals that we can offer - some of the deals we offer were ridiculous!

We now retain on basis of spend.
    You spend less than £20 - no attempt will be made to save you. Want a handset and want to stay? Fantastic.
    Want to move to another network? You are more than welcome to.

We are looking to retain more high spending customers.
    We also base the cost of your upgrade on your average spend.
    I.E - you can have the best handsets on the market for FOC if your spend is over £50 etc.
    If you spend less e.g £25pcm - there are limitations to what handsets you can have FOC.

Yikes! I was a bit worried I had made a mistake going for a 18 month contract this time but after reading this I think I did the right thing. I got 750 mins and 750 texts for £20 a month and a new samsung Z400 just over a month ago.
  • o2employee
    Options
    Your spend is what you actually spend. So if your tariff should be £30, then its the £15 that we class.
    I think we have started making attempts to save under £20 spenders again.
    But this is what I have always said, getting these uber cheap deals sometimes shoots you in the foot as it leaves you in a worse off position that you were to start with.
    To answer the question as to whether or not you will continue to get the £15 off after the 12 months, it has to be requested.
    It's very simple for us to do.
    Our money off actions only have 12 month durations on them, so they will need readding. Simple really.

Saverram - 400 minutes and 500 texts for £15 is impossible. It's not something we offer.
    Like I've said, we don't have an unlimited range of offers, we can only amend existing tariffs to within set parimeters....
    BUT
    I was talking about the Online Tariff Refresh... I saw the details today!!
    EG...
    1000minutes and 1000 texts for £50 with FOC CALLS ON A SAT SUN MON on an 18 month contract.
    600 mins and 1000 texts and Long weekends for £35 on 18 months!!
    Thats good really!!!
    They arent published online yet but are available on upgrade for Online Customers.
    UK Customers, im afraid these arent on offer to you. They will either try and come close, or let you move to Online to get it!
  • heyho_3
    heyho_3 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    o2employee wrote:
    Your spend is what you actually spend. So if your tariff should be £30, then its the £15 that we class.
    I think we have started making attempts to save under £20 spenders again.
    But this is what I have always said, getting these uber cheap deals sometimes shoots you in the foot as it leaves you in a worse off position that you were to start with.
    To answer the question as to whether or not you will continue to get the £15 off after the 12 months, it has to be requested.
    It's very simple for us to do.
    Our money off actions only have 12 month durations on them, so they will need readding. Simple really.

Saverram - 400 minutes and 500 texts for £15 is impossible. It's not something we offer.
    Like I've said, we don't have an unlimited range of offers, we can only amend existing tariffs to within set parimeters....
    BUT
    I was talking about the Online Tariff Refresh... I saw the details today!!
    EG...
    1000minutes and 1000 texts for £50 with FOC CALLS ON A SAT SUN MON on an 18 month contract.
    600 mins and 1000 texts and Long weekends for £35 on 18 months!!
    Thats good really!!!
    They arent published online yet but are available on upgrade for Online Customers.
    UK Customers, im afraid these arent on offer to you. They will either try and come close, or let you move to Online to get it!

WWWWWWWWWhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Any news when the new tarriffs are going to be out I was told the 14th???

They sound grate but I guess the price after xnet gone up???
    Aslo would you recon they offer any dicount on them?? I am I really pushing it now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure