We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
LLoyds/Halifax ISA Cashback Offer question
Comments
-
I spoke to someone at Halifax, four in fact the final one more clued up read out some blurb clearly stating as long as customer initiates a transfer of more than £25K before the 31st May it will qualify for the cashback. I’ve got a record of time of call and also screen grabbed the terms that are most beneficial to me in case of dispute, not the ones that aren’t. They will pay me I believe. One way or another. Transfer pending for 2nd June when existing isa matures.
1 -
did you go ahead? I think it would be helpful to report back in Sep (or before if they can confirm cashback eligibility has been met after the transfer).
0 -
Did you take up the offer?
0 -
I transferred from Chip last week, even though my Chip intro offer didn't run out until June 10th I thought it was worth locking in the Lloyds offer.
- Lloyds ISA opened: Weds 20th
- Transfer Chip - Lloyds initiated straight after opening: Weds 20th
- Funds transferred into Lloyds ISA: Friday 22nd
So there may still be time to get a transfer completed before 31st, might not be the same for everyone but mine was seemless.
1 -
yes, i took the risk. Whether they will pay out is another thing though… Its a gamble because there are better headline offers from other banks, but my fix has run out so i need to move ASAP otherwise im losing interest against inflation.
0 -
I see, but the cashback was the dealbreaker for you? I can’t see how they would not pay out, it’s all traced and will just up in the FO’s inbox if they don’t honour the offer.
0 -
Wow! That’s good. I’m still on the fence with this, the cashback offer is very attractive..
0 -
Yes it’s all set for transfer 2nd June. I will report back.
1 -
The cashback is a bonus. I just didnt realise how much of a nightmare it is - i still haven't yet received an email confirmation that i have requested an isa transfer in, though they said they have the details by phone…. Now its not just that it wont complete by 31 May but that i am taking their word on the phone that the request has been made/received.
0 -
I have a fixed rate ISA maturing in early July.
What do you reckon, if I put the transfer in by the end of May and tick the box to say I want to wait until maturity and not pay any penalties, will this qualify too or is there a manual pausing and reubmission of the ISA transfer after the deadline?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards