We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

LLoyds/Halifax ISA Cashback Offer question

1356789

Comments

  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    See my note above though about my private chat in the app

  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 19 May at 4:45PM

    just seen this offer. Pretty good. Lloyds themselves say it can take up to a month to process an isa transfer so would be wholly unreasonable to expect transfers to complete by 31st May especially as they can’t give fixed transfer times. Actual t&c state initiated by 31st May so that should apply and Lloyds should amend their acknowledged misinformation instead of ‘passing the feedback on’.


    The dual offer for opening a fixed bond savings account precludes having an existing savings account so my monthly saver rules this offer out? Also very important this particular offer is only open to customers who SWITCHED CURRENT ACCOUNT to Lloyds from 1st January 2026 and kept the account open.


    Feel free to correct me I’ve only just seen the offers and my mind is somewhat bamboozled by it. I’d be tempted to go into my Lloyds bank branch to discuss but that would be pot luck what they say depending on if they are as confused as me.

  • sparkiemalarkie
    sparkiemalarkie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    I got bamboozled too and decided to go with the Halifax offer. It seems identical, but on reading, states that the ISA transfer forms must be received by May 31st. I couldn't see any of the other confusion about being completed by the end of May.
    The only thing that bugged me was that there were big messages on the ISA page saying that it's easy to transfer in the app- I wondered if this was a requirement but couldn't see it in the T&C's

  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    It’s all exactly the same wording I believe with the same contradictory ‘facts’ but I’ve screen grabbed the relevant bits in case of dispute with Halifax. I opened one with Halifax which then glitched at the end and passed me back to the application page so opened the isa only to find I now have two ISAs. Set for serving the notice period which is early June and didn’t make a this years allowance deposit.


    Confusingly in my accounts list the isa has a lower banner with an arrow prompting me to open a fixed isa saver which is odd as that’s what I just did and the prompt is for a list of fixed rate accounts which aren’t ISAs at all and don’t need an isa to open. It made wonder if I’d just opted to transfer to a fixed rate account. Bad form from Halifax the prompt should just say fixed rate accounts not isa fixed rate accounts. Not sure what happens to the second isa account I just opened!?


    Halifax and Lloyds have always been glitchy for me and it’s always right at the end of applications that it unravels.

  • jungleboy123
    jungleboy123 Posts: 161 Forumite
    100 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    they didnt know themselves. went round the block. said i could complain if cashback wasnt eligible because it didnt complete before 31 May.

    Donno if i should risk really. rates are creeping up a little so maybe i can do without the cashback for certainty.

  • sparkiemalarkie
    sparkiemalarkie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 20 May at 8:54AM

    I opened my Halifax ISA yesterday and filled in the transfer form straight after. I have received a text from Halifax this morning saying that they have asked my existing provide to transfer the money and expect to complete the transfer within 5 working days.
    Of course it's a bank holiday coming up, but I thought that might help someone.

    sx

    PS I'm transferring from Virgin 05 sort code

  • sparkiemalarkie
    sparkiemalarkie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    Just to let you know I applied for the Halifax ISA yesterday for a transfer from Virgin Money (05 sort code) and it has completed by 4.30 this afternoon - all done and dusted

    HTH

    sx

  • jungleboy123
    jungleboy123 Posts: 161 Forumite
    100 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    I risked it. request has gone in. I haven't had an email confirmation though. What did you get to confirm the request had been received, if any?

  • sparkiemalarkie
    sparkiemalarkie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 21 May at 2:06PM

    My notification came through a couple of texts to my phone

    I got 1 just after 2pm on the day I applied
    Hello from Halifax. -We've started your cash ISA transfer. We'll keep you up to date with the progress and let you know when the transfer is complete.

    1 the following day - We've asked your existing ISA provider to transfer your money to us. We're expecting the transfer to complete within 5 working days.
    So after this text I checked my donor account and the money had left, so I checked my Halifax account and it had arrived. I haven't yet received notification that it has completed

    HTH

    sx

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,502 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Opened both a Llolyds and HFX yesterday with a £25K transfer in to both and not heard a peep from anyone yet.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.